Posted by stratzilla

Can't wait to play this sumbitch.

Posted by Milkman

Hasn't this same footage been shown in the past 47 trailers that EA has put out for this?

Posted by bh0y

GO TO HELL, oh and stop off an buy our game on the way...

Posted by dbz1995

I'm thinking that it would be awesome to have this going on everytime the demo thing said one of the nine circles of hell.
 
 

Posted by Meltac

That was actually a pretty cool trailer.

Posted by Daftasabat

Yo Dante! save yaself a whole lotta pain - Join Plentyoffish.com ;)

Posted by Khrome83

B.A.D.A.S.S.

Posted by Ryax

i prefered the book

Posted by Hector

Can't wait to get it tomorrow.

Posted by Kohe321

Played into gluttony with a friend. Great game, but the combat can get a little bit tedious. I feel the enemies soak up too much damage before dying. And they keep coming.

Posted by solidlife

Do want

Posted by Jikla
@Kohe321 said:
" Played into gluttony with a friend. Great game, but the combat can get a little bit tedious. I feel the enemies soak up too much damage before dying. And they keep coming. "
Yeah, I have been stuck 2-3 times because the y don't give you health fountains before the bigger fights. It's quite annoying. But still a good game
Posted by stratzilla
@Jikla said:
" @Kohe321 said:
" Played into gluttony with a friend. Great game, but the combat can get a little bit tedious. I feel the enemies soak up too much damage before dying. And they keep coming. "
Yeah, I have been stuck 2-3 times because the y don't give you health fountains before the bigger fights. It's quite annoying. But still a good game "
What difficulty? I don't see this as a problem if you know what button is dodge and block.
Posted by Jikla
@stratzilla:
On the hardest one at the first playtrough. Can't remember the name because developers today always make some fancy names on their difficulty settings. 
Posted by Hakkayo

if its any where as good as the movie i cant wait to have it

Posted by Jeremy_x

No, you go to hell, game!
Posted by kagekage

That fraud level still looks like shit. Probably a bunch of challenge rooms with billions of enemies.

Posted by thedj93

I was digging the beat when the dude was counting down the nine circles.

Posted by Konanda

Yep still looks like a terrible game.

Posted by AstralDisaster

it's sad that most of you will never know the original story. this game completely rapes dante's legacy. 

Posted by CornBREDX

I dont get the references to "rape" of the literature. Its a good peice of history (in literature), and if your into that stuff (like me) definitely read it. 
 
That being said I dont mind this game taking the namesake to make a provocative product. I find it intriguing even if its nothing like the poem at all. I'm still going to play it, as a modernized story only loosely based on the Epic Saga that is the inferno the name sake only makes me want to see what their take on the 9 circles of hell will be like in this world they loosely based on the peice of literature. 
 
I do see the concern, and I hope no one playing this is under the assumption they now know what Dante's Inferno is about (you wont know that from playing this) but in the same vein if it gets someone interested that wasnt already that isnt a bad thing. 
 
Of course that being said, I dont see that happening and I take this for what it is- A licensed product based on (loosely) an insane ideal from the crusades.  Hard for me to explain as I am not that smart but their two seperate leagues, one is philisophical the other is entertainment. Take each for what they are for. 
 
I like crazy games, and I intend to play this game- it looks fun to me.
Posted by CitizenJP
@Jeremy_x said:
" No, you go to hell, game! "
^
Online
Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

I find it odd that the add puts the 360 version front and center even though the PS3 version is the "Devine" edition with all the extras.
Posted by MadeinFinland
@CornBREDX said:
" I dont get the references to "rape" of the literature. Its a good peice of history (in literature), and if your into that stuff (like me) definitely read it.  That being said I dont mind this game taking the namesake to make a provocative product. I find it intriguing even if its nothing like the poem at all. I'm still going to play it, as a modernized story only loosely based on the Epic Saga that is the inferno the name sake only makes me want to see what their take on the 9 circles of hell will be like in this world they loosely based on the peice of literature.  I do see the concern, and I hope no one playing this is under the assumption they now know what Dante's Inferno is about (you wont know that from playing this) but in the same vein if it gets someone interested that wasnt already that isnt a bad thing.  Of course that being said, I dont see that happening and I take this for what it is- A licensed product based on (loosely) an insane ideal from the crusades.  Hard for me to explain as I am not that smart but their two seperate leagues, one is philisophical the other is entertainment. Take each for what they are for.  I like crazy games, and I intend to play this game- it looks fun to me. "
believe it or not, I actually bought the Divine Comedy from Chapters the other day. Pretty much because of this game.
Posted by Capt_Ventris
@AstralDisaster said:

" it's sad that most of you will never know the original story. this game completely rapes dante's legacy.  "

  So does God of War with Greek mythology, actually most games featuring Greek mythology.  Still thats not the point you made. Yes it is true that some will take this as a literal interpretation of the Divine Comidies (well the hell part anyway) but that does not really matter. If in this form the game tells a cracking story and people enjoy it then it has served it's purpose. To entertain. Remember litreature is full of dramatic re-interpretaion of texts. And even though the format for this retelling is different (though if plato had a PS3 moral choice's in gaming would be a very old idea) it does what a decent bit of story telling needs to do, that is connect with its audience on some level and maybe just maybe get something across other then "I am a  God of War clone". 
Posted by Capt_Ventris
@MadeinFinland:  Its not a bad read. Carefull though next you know you will be studying european history to get all the allegorical refrences. lol
Posted by Andborn

I'm getting this game primarily because the Splatterhouse remake can't come out soon enough, and this looks to fill my need for uncomfortably inappropriate enemy designs. Actually the forced shock value of the things makes part of me question whether they've gone to far, and I'll be damned if that doesn't intrigue me a bit. No pun intended. Plus I will always support Visceral because of Dead Space. And good on Capt_Ventris for echoing a thought I've had the entire time this GOW debate has been in full motion, Kratos isn't even contained in mythology, at all. So fuck all you who cry out in protest to a re-imagining of source material, and then site GOW for having this style of gameplay first. Which it didn't, and that's fact. Peace-

Posted by S0ndor

So you are saying that Dante actually did NOT battle the devil with a big f'ing scythe and magic cross?
lame...

Posted by JackSukeru

I met a guy in school today who was really psyched about the book "Dante's Inferno" about a guy that battles his way through the nine circles of hell. I asked him if he meant the video game and he said the video game was based on the book. So yeah.. 
 
Well, not that I care all that much about the story, I still thought the game was pretty fun from what I played of the demo and will probably get it sooner or later.

Posted by Afroman269

I'll rent this

Posted by Gre

Wait, is he not wearing a shirt?

Posted by ryuken

I played the demo and had a good time, I don't hate on it cause of the whole GOW thing I just can't believe they actually made the right stick dodge like in gow I mean ..... thats rare in a game nowadays and I thought it was ok in GOW I and II but I was really suprised that dantes did it too. now I'm hoping that GOW III is different, I want to move that camera around. darksiders was awesome, beat it and turned it in. I may do the same with dante
Posted by CornBREDX
@MadeinFinland:
I think that is awesome. I love being wrong about these things. Cant help but be cynical, as its easier to assume someone would rather watch a movie then read the book (in the same vein play the game instead of read the story).  It's always nice to learn someone out there who had not read some literature or other is reading it for the first time because of a game. I hope others do so as well, it is a good story.
Edited by Brendan
@AstralDisaster said:

"it's sad that most of you will never know the original story. this game completely rapes dante's legacy.  "


Actually for those of us who are intellegent, not some psuedo intellectual, this game is clearly a seperate entity from the poem, and does not offend us at all. 
Edited by Stealthmaster86
@Brendan: This person speaks truth. I knew of The Divine Comedy long before I've heard about this game. In fact when I first heard about this game a couple of years ago the poem was the first thing I thought of. I never had the chance to read it but now it's out there because of the game there's a good chance of me finally reading it. I find it weird that Dante says "Can't" instead of "Cannot"
Posted by MeatSim

Remember that part of poem where Dante kills Death?.....

Posted by mu

Hmm, tested the video in Firefox 3.6 and Safari om my mac, but only got it to run in IE8 :(