133 Comments
  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Edited by DiGiTaL_SiN
@Zabant: I don't get it, What's so special about Mara?
 
EDIT: LOL, I get it. Oh, that would've been awesome.
Posted by funcmode

I never understood why Alice learns Mind Charge given her only useful offensive spell is Die For Me! ...
 
Almighty spells in P4 are so underwhelming, even Morning Star does surprisingly little damage. For the SP cost they just aren't worth it. I guess one reason is the lack of Boost/Amp skills for that 'element'.  I fused my trumpeter (null/repel/absorb everything) before the Heaven boss, used him for that fight (just for debilitate), and then never again except pulling him out a few times for fuses. 
 
Sure they could cast Megidolaon a lot with that Chakra ring/Cool Breeze but I beg the question, why would anyone want to, it's close to useless. 
 
Also, I found the best thing to do with items was to give the Chakra ring to Yukiko and let her keep Fire Boost and Amp, that way you get the most out of her damage while being able to literally spam Salvation during boss fights. Only keep Amp on Yosuke and give him a Shinatobe Vow. They need a Rudra Ring for Chie.

Posted by rargy

I didn't fuse much during the game and paid for it in the end.   Spent 500k and 2 hours just to learn debilitate to beat the true end boss.

Posted by Curufinwe

When exactly does Mara appear?

Edited by legendary1
@funcmode said:

" I never understood why Alice learns Mind Charge given her only useful offensive spell is Die For Me! ... Almighty spells in P4 are so underwhelming, even Morning Star does surprisingly little damage. For the SP cost they just aren't worth it. I guess one reason is the lack of Boost/Amp skills for that 'element'.  I fused my trumpeter (null/repel/absorb everything) before the Heaven boss, used him for that fight (just for debilitate), and then never again except pulling him out a few times for fuses.   Sure they could cast Megidolaon a lot with that Chakra ring/Cool Breeze but I beg the question, why would anyone want to, it's close to useless.   Also, I found the best thing to do with items was to give the Chakra ring to Yukiko and let her keep Fire Boost and Amp, that way you get the most out of her damage while being able to literally spam Salvation during boss fights. Only keep Amp on Yosuke and give him a Shinatobe Vow. They need a Rudra Ring for Chie. "

Mind charge is retained while you switch person. No its not essential, but its still an improvement. And yeah, Amp+accessory+heavy ele spell = best attack in game (except for hassou tobi). I _think_ Megidoloan is about as powerful as -dyne spell + amp, so its not completely horrible if you aren't trying to maximize power and dont have time to find the items (ie most people). Naoto spamming Megidoloan definitely does more damage then anything Chie can put out.
Posted by Ak1mbo

Wow, lots of Biblical references in this episode.
 
Mother Harlot
 
"I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns.  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication." - Revelation 17:3, 4
 
White Rider
 
"And I saw, and, look! a white horse; and the one seated upon it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went forth conquering and to complete his conquest." - Revelation 6:2
 
Trumpeter
 
"And the seven angels with the seven trumpets prepared to blow them. And the first one blew his trumpet. And there occurred a hail and fire mingled with blood, and it was hurled to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees was burned up, and all the green vegetation was burned up." - Revelation 8:6, 7
 
Whelp, that was your daily dose of feeling uncomfortable because someone mentioned religion.

Edited by trimon

Mara's the stuff of nightmares....or maybe for some people, not so terrifying...

Posted by funcmode

Pretty much all of the Personas in the franchise are derived from some sort of mythological/biblical backstory. In the compendium you can actually read a bit of backstory behind each one. 
 
And sure, Mind Charge carries over when you change personas, but that's still no reason for Alice to have it as it doesn't benefit her in the slightest. I chose not to learn it personally, instead I opted for Die For Me!, Mudo Boost, Dekunda, Angelic Grace, Spell Master, Victory Cry, Repel Light and Repel Physical. Far better skillset if you ask me ;)

Edited by legendary1
@funcmode said:

" Pretty much all of the Personas in the franchise are derived from some sort of mythological/biblical backstory. In the compendium you can actually read a bit of backstory behind each one.   And sure, Mind Charge carries over when you change personas, but that's still no reason for Alice to have it as it doesn't benefit her in the slightest. I chose not to learn it personally, instead I opted for Die For Me!, Mudo Boost, Dekunda, Angelic Grace, Spell Master, Victory Cry, Repel Light and Repel Physical. Far better skillset if you ask me ;) "

Yeah, but I'm guessing they won't go through the trouble of getting and fusing every awesome skill in the game into everyone. Otherwise the best persona in the game would be a low level repel all izanagi or something. Well, later you would want to switch to a repel all yoshitsune. But izanagi would be good for the lulz.
Posted by trimon

oh common, Jeff and Vinny are a little more sophisticated than "LOL PENISS!!!111"

Posted by FrozenPhoenix
@trimon said:
"oh common, Jeff and Vinny are a little more sophisticated than "LOL PENISS!!!111" "

Not when that penis is a persona with octupus legs riding a chariot.
Edited by Zeik
@legendary1 said:

Naoto spamming Megidoloan definitely does more damage then anything Chie can put out. "

Well that's definitely not true at all. Chie has the highest damage potential of all your party members with Power Charge + God Hand (excluding the MC), while even with Megidolaon + Mind Charge Naoto still has the lowest damage potential of anyone on the team. (Her primary use is mopping up random mobs.) If Naoto was outdamaging Chie then you were seriously misusing her.
 
@trimon said:

" oh common, Jeff and Vinny are a little more sophisticated than "LOL PENISS!!!111" "


So I take it you just started watching the Endurance Run? <_< No offense to Vinny and Jeff, but their sense of humor is hardly sophisticated.
Posted by DannyJ

Get Alice son!

Edited by legendary1
@Zeik said:

" @legendary1 said:

Naoto spamming Megidoloan definitely does more damage then anything Chie can put out. "

Well that's definitely not true at all. Chie has the highest damage potential of all your party members with Power Charge + God Hand (excluding the MC), while even with Megidolaon + Mind Charge Naoto still has the lowest damage potential of anyone on the team. (Her primary use is mopping up random mobs.) If Naoto was outdamaging Chie then you were seriously misusing her.
No, I have a group of characters against the final boss. Best damage is of course Hassou Tobi which can hit around 450 with no buffs against final boss (persona is only like level 90 though), then Dyne spell + amp + 50% accessory does around 300-400 depending on character. Chie does about 200 damage per turn with Power Charged God's Hand, while Naoto squeezes out 250 with Mind Charged Megidolaon. Kanji using Primal Force every turn can manage about 230ish or so. All characters lvl 99. If Naoto wasn't outdamaging Chie for you it was because she was much lower level.
Edited by Zeik
@legendary1:  There's something seriously wrong with your Chie if she was only doing 200 damage after a Power Charged God's Hand at level 99. I was doing at least twice that much damage at level 80.
 
Also, I've already played through the game twice, once where I used everyone, and once where I used a set party that included Naoto. Even on my second playthrough when my Naoto was at a comparatively higher level for many boss fights she still wasn't doing comparable damage to my lower level Chie. (I also used Kanji during both playthroughs, and Chie could outdamage Kanji's Primal Force, and Kanji's Primal Force outdamaged Naoto's Megidolaon.)
Posted by lordofultima

Wow, penis.

Posted by CitizenKane

Jeff's reaction to realizing they didn't have Matador was great.  :D

Posted by growl
@lordofultima said:
" Wow, penis. "
yup mara is the mythical falac monster
Posted by Gamer_152

Woo, awesome new persona.

Moderator Online
Posted by TripMasterMunky

Surprised they didn't lol at Mara at all..... =(

Posted by Aaox

Previously, on Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance Run

Posted by takua108
@TripMasterMunky: Eh, the text kinda covers it up. But yeah, Mara is probably the most WTF thing in P4.
Posted by captain_max707

I love the fusing episodes :D

Posted by jikoku13

wow getting trumpeter is why to complicated in this game unlike persona 3

Posted by Zicdab

Remember kids: always register your personas.

Posted by PerfidiousSinn

I gotta say, these guys did a MILLION times better at fusion than I was on my first playthrough. I don't think I even fused a Hexagon my first time through.

Posted by cordialsnail

Debilitate, nectar of the Gods!

Posted by kollay

That Mara... 
 
Is a fucking dick.

Posted by strangeling

!

Edited by CharAznable

Eff yeah, Trumpeter! Toot TOOOOOT!

Posted by LikeaSsur

Reporting in from 2012, excited for this run to finally be over!

Edited by TwoLines
Edited by heavyplay

Just got laid off at work. Came home early and decided to finish this after several years away. Microwave mac & cheese and P4 Endurance Run. This is my life now.

Online