33 Comments
Posted by MosesWalker

Cool

Posted by joachimo

damn

Posted by h83r

Didn't even know that F1 games made it to the US.

Posted by WeskerResi001

This game mode looks quite interesting. However, none of my friends like Formula 1 so it seems I am pretty much screwed in terms of this particular mode

Posted by OrgunUK

Hell yeah, super excited to do some co-op careers!

Posted by grayfox1210

Can't wait to get this game one day one. I'm so giddy about it.

Posted by Mumrik

F1 doesn't really do anything for me personally, but this seems like a really good idea.

Posted by Sander

I'm excited for this game, but I don't think I'm interested in this coop mode.

Posted by Glasgo

I'm all for team-mate race ruining shenanigans.

Posted by Shin

Looks like a pretty cool idea. Love watching Formula one but always found the games a little too overwhelming, but it has been a few years since I last tried one so might give this a go.

Posted by gunslingerNZ

This isn't exactly a "long running" F1 series. This is only the second one Codemasters have made. Also that was pretty cool how they recreated the Hamilton crash in Montreal at 0:20.

Posted by CharlieJz

not only does it make it into the US it comes out before here in Europe! Also very excited about this game!!! YAY!

Posted by magicjoef

@gunslingerNZ: Yeah, that crash looked very cool :) They made a video with a load of incidents from the season so far in I think.

I'm really looking forward to playing co-op through a season. I presume it will affect the Flashbacks as well? Maybe you have to share them, or they don't have them. Tense!

Posted by slowbird

This looks super awesome :D

Posted by Binarynova

I was wanting to get F1 2010, but they announced this so quickly I figured I'd wait. Game looks great, definitely on my radar. This developer's diary is interesting but... it feels like they're using the term co-op about as loosely as possible, yeah?  Sure, you're on the same team, but their language throughout this video is clearly competitive. *confused*

Posted by billymickdick

why isn't F1 using the same dating system as every other sports game? using next years date, like Madden, Fifa ect?

I like their honesty at least. every time I see next year on a sports game I always think they are trying to trick people in some way.

Edited by Royce_McCutcheon

Its competitive co-op as opposed to companionship. F1 is technically a team sport, but your teammate is actually your most important rival on the grid. Its about beating one another, not helping one another (though they may grudgingly do so late in a season if the Drivers Championship is at stake). Going in with that approach could be pretty cool.
 
@billymickdick said:

why isn't F1 using the same dating system as every other sports game? using next years date, like Madden, Fifa ect?

I like their honesty at least. every time I see next year on a sports game I always think they are trying to trick people in some way.

Because the F1 season doesn't overlap calendar years like those sports do. 
 
An NFL season starts in September and finishes in February. 
The NHL begins in October and ends the following June. 
Soccer runs from about August to about May, varying slightly from league to league. 
 
However a Formula 1 season is contained within the same calendar year running from March to November. So all of the titles for these games are accurate.
Posted by MachoFantastico

One of the most exciting racing games to hit this year, you can keep you Forza 4 thank you very much.

Posted by gaggle64

I'd buy the hell out of this if I had the money to burn - oh well, '10 is still pretty good. 

Posted by jetsetwillie
@h83r said:
Didn't even know that F1 games made it to the US.
F1 returns to the US next year with a race in Texas.  
 
so maybe F1 will gain so more popularity over there. that's if the Americans have forgiven F1 after the fiasco with the tyres in Indianapolis a few years back. 
Posted by Wools
@gunslingerNZ
Indeed, it's only their second F1 game!  Although I know America has little intrest in Track Motorsport, it was a shame to hear the only intrest of F1 2010 on Bombcast last year was: 
  
Ryan - "F1 2010 is out this week"
Vinny - "Is that comming to PC?"
Ryan - "I don't know" 
 
I imagine F1 2011 will get the same treatment!
Posted by billymickdick

@Royce_McCutcheon said:

Its competitive co-op as opposed to companionship. F1 is technically a team sport, but your teammate is actually your most important rival on the grid. Its about beating one another, not helping one another (though they may grudgingly do so late in a season if the Drivers Championship is at stake). Going in with that approach could be pretty cool.

@billymickdick said:

why isn't F1 using the same dating system as every other sports game? using next years date, like Madden, Fifa ect?

I like their honesty at least. every time I see next year on a sports game I always think they are trying to trick people in some way.

Because the F1 season doesn't overlap calendar years like those sports do. An NFL season starts in September and finishes in February. The NHL begins in October and ends the following June. Soccer runs from about August to about May, varying slightly from league to league. However a Formula 1 season is contained within the same calendar year running from March to November. So all of the titles for these games are accurate.

Ah I see! Thanks for clearing that up. I always assumed it was a cynical marketing ploy.

Posted by SoftCoreDave

Was going to pick this up anyway but this mode sounds really nice, better tell my friend to dust off the old steering wheel

Posted by Bobby_The_Great

Why has co-op career racing taken so long to be implemented into racing games? It just seems to be a no-brainer. 

Posted by Harry_Tequila

Long running since... last year...

Edited by KnifeySpoony

Pre-ordered the day it was up on Steam. Can't wait to start up again, put 150 hours in the last one, 80% of that online. Should be even better now that I have a wheel.

Posted by FrostTee

Great addition, almost looking forward to this more than forza 4

Posted by EOT
@Harry_Tequila: 2009 actually (though that was a Wii PSP release. Why? Fuck knows) but I get your point....it was '02 when the last F1 game before that was out and that was an EA thing I think. 
Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

British accents don't typically bother me, but "garrej"?

Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro
@Dark_Lord_Spam said:
British accents don't typically bother me, but "garrej"?
You prefer the term "car hole" I presume.
Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam
@Zatoichi_Sanjuro: Vehicle bunker, actually.
Posted by MeatSim

This is great until your friend keeps coming in last place and you stop being friends.

Posted by thenexus

I like what they are doing in this. I like them taking the social and online aspects with what you do in the races, qualifiying and the team. Very cool.
 
I have to side with other people though in terms of its release.  It does seem odd and rather late. The season is not just in full swing, its almost over. The world champion could be decided next race. I would have though that it would have come out for the start of the season or soon after.
I think it would have been wiser to just delay it a little and come out for 2012?