76 Comments
  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by MildMolasses

Yay?

Posted by Zero_

She's pretty boring of a character- I don't know why they're milking her so much. Bring Barrett into FFXIV, come on.

Posted by Fawkes

They're also doing some Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy XI tie-ins.

Edited by nicknacknob

...wat.

Edited by Karthas

@fawkes: Whoever loots that Gold Golem is gonna be RICH.

Edited by NegativeCero

I thought you were going with The Rock's thing with that title.

Posted by cloudyimpulse

@fawkes: Whoever loots that Gold Golem is gonna be RICH.

That was the first thing I was thinking. LOL

Posted by Arx724

I liked Lightning in XIII because she generally shut up more than other characters and didn't act as retarded as some of them. I also enjoy melee/magic combination characters and she was good at that.

By now, I'm left wishing the character would just die a canon death and be ignored from then on. The billion costumes, the boob armor, the CRAWLINGINMYSKIN... just stop.

Posted by JesterPC238

Boy, I should log in and play this!

...Oh wait, someone hacked my account, now it's suspended, and I can't get support to respond to me.

Posted by White

A snapshot of the LFP channel:

LFG Lvl 50 Lightning

Lightning LFP PST!

LFP L50 Lightning

LFM Lvl 40 Lightning 4p raid

Posted by pkmango7

The cloying stench of Toriyama lingers still.

Posted by Rirse

The honest question...does anyone even LIKE Lightning? She has the personality of cardboard.

Posted by Gaff

@white said:

A snapshot of the LFP channel:

LFG Lvl 50 Lightning

Lightning LFP PST!

LFP L50 Lightning

LFM Lvl 40 Lightning 4p raid

Well, surely that'll never be taken out of context.

Posted by GaspoweR

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS MAN :D

Edited by Budwyzer

@rirse said:

The honest question...does anyone even LIKE Lightning? She has the personality of cardboard.

Cardboard is great. You make a box with it. Put things in the box. I would put things in that cardboard box all day.

It also completely falls apart when wet. So when you're done with it, it is easily disposed of.

Yep, I like Lightning, she's perfect.

Posted by kindgineer

So, is she a playable character (that would be very odd) or just a selection of different types of cosmetic choices and armor?

Posted by King9999

Please stop.

Posted by ZeForgotten

Now we just need Cloud in there.
I mean we could just make up the same excuse for him being there that we did with Tactics "Oh .. He's.. erhm, well.. OH OH! This happens while he was in the Lifestream! THAT'S IT!"

Edited by jbstans

@budwyzer: you like your women to fall apart when wet and be easy to dispose of...? wow..

Posted by The_Vein

@ocdfox said:

So, is she a playable character (that would be very odd) or just a selection of different types of cosmetic choices and armor?

Looks like its just a suit of armor and hair, since at the end they showed other races in their Lightning cosplay.

Posted by ZeForgotten

@budwyzer said:

@rirse said:

The honest question...does anyone even LIKE Lightning? She has the personality of cardboard.

Cardboard is great. You make a box with it. Put things in the box. I would put things in that cardboard box all day.

It also completely falls apart when wet. So when you're done with it, it is easily disposed of.

Yep, I like Lightning, she's perfect.

I don't think that's you describing women. I think that's the salespitch for Fleshlights

Posted by ildon

@ocdfox: In the announcement they said she'd basically be a quest NPC and would fight along side you in the quests she is involved with. Completing her quests rewards the Lightning look-alike armor. She's also supposed to assist in the Bahamut fight, which is the final raid encounter of the game right now.

Posted by jimmyfenix

Boo

Edited by Elwoodan

feelings on Lightning aside (I don't mind her) that is one of my favorite pieces of FF music.

Posted by Petiew

I can't wait for the inevitable bitching and quitting the instance when someone dares to wear the costume into castrum meridianum.

Posted by Capasso
@ildon said:

@ocdfox: In the announcement they said she'd basically be a quest NPC and would fight along side you in the quests she is involved with. Completing her quests rewards the Lightning look-alike armor. She's also supposed to assist in the Bahamut fight, which is the final raid encounter of the game right now.

Huh. I wonder how many different FF games they'll somehow cram into FFXIV. I know there are already some elements, but not as explicit as putting Lightning in it. I'm not a big fan of the franchise - hell, I don't think I ever finished a FF game except for the Tactics spin offs -, but I'm curious to see how they'll use lore and characters from them.

Posted by bunnymud

I hope they use something from ALL of them. I love this MMO. Most fun I've had since Asheron's Call

Posted by Sidfiou

I guarantee you that Lightning will be in Kingdom Hearts 3. Hell, I'm surprised she wasn't retroactively added into 1.5.

Edited by JayCee

Final Fantasy Lightning: Lightning's Lightning, Lightning Returns.

Starring: Lightning as Lightning

Posted by vikingdeath1

its like..... she's just someone I'd want to Marry, you know?

Edited by believer258

@zeforgotten said:

@budwyzer said:

@rirse said:

The honest question...does anyone even LIKE Lightning? She has the personality of cardboard.

Cardboard is great. You make a box with it. Put things in the box. I would put things in that cardboard box all day.

It also completely falls apart when wet. So when you're done with it, it is easily disposed of.

Yep, I like Lightning, she's perfect.

I don't think that's you describing women. I think that's the salespitch for Fleshlights

Well, I mean, Lightning and fleshlights seem to have about the same amount of personality. Also, there's a Bon Jovi joke in here somewhere but it's not coming to me.

@ildon said:

@ocdfox: In the announcement they said she'd basically be a quest NPC and would fight along side you in the quests she is involved with. Completing her quests rewards the Lightning look-alike armor. She's also supposed to assist in the Bahamut fight, which is the final raid encounter of the game right now.

Is the male version of Lightning's armor going to be the exact same?

Posted by HeavyDuty32

So do you help her in a raid dungeon and then you get her scarf?

Posted by Draxyle

Some of the fan-service of FFXIV is a bit much, though I think I'm finally getting used to it. If they're using the game as a love-letter to every Final Fantasy, I think I can be down with that. I think I've seen references to nearly every last Final Fantasy so far (there's actually a remix of an FF2j soundtrack in there, and it's fantastic).

Edited by Shnippie

Still waiting for the Sephiroth raid boss...

Posted by MeatSim

Do people actually like this character?

Posted by Cypherix

God FFXV hurry up and come out so we can be done with this XIII shit

Posted by Deusoma
@jaycee said:

Final Fantasy Lightning: Lightning's Lightning, Lightning Returns.

Starring: Lightning as Lightning

Look for details on LightningLightningLightning.com, pre-order now to play as Russian Martian Lightning.

Posted by Efesell

@meatsim said:

Do people actually like this character?

Yeah, Lightnings alright.

This is all still kinda dumb, but she's okay.

Edited by SeanB

So, what is she in the game? I figured she would just be an NPC that would join you on some quests, but at the end it looked like Lighting will be a player class?

Edited by fisk0

@efesell said:

@meatsim said:

Do people actually like this character?

Yeah, Lightnings alright.

This is all still kinda dumb, but she's okay.

Yeah, she's pretty much the only good character they've ever had in the franchise. I mean, I loved FF1-6, but that wasn't really for the characters. I could maybe go as far as saying the pirate captain in FF5 was pretty OK, memorable if nothing else, but other than that most characters throughout the series have just been flat, and mostly communicating entirely through "..." or weird, exaggerated emotes. That said, they're going a bit far with this.

Posted by NekuCTR

@seanb said:

So, what is she in the game? I figured she would just be an NPC that would join you on some quests, but at the end it looked like Lighting will be a player class?

Right now you can only have your chocobo follow you around as a fighting companion, but they said that there would be more coming in the next update. so my guess is that she will be an unlockable companion, and there will be an addition option to buy her outfit from the import vendors in the main towns. That's just my guess though. This trailer was frankly a pile of hot bullshit so who the fuck knows.

And as someone who is regularly playing XIV i'm definitely not looking forward to 50 lightnings running around behind people in town. this is sooo dumb.

Posted by Demoskinos

Light is one of my favorite characters in the Final Fantasy Universe so I'm glad to see they continue to have affinity for her. She's also insanely popular in Japan which is why she does keep showing up so much.

Posted by MetalFace

Its so blatantly obvious that they want Lightning to be the new Cloud and be the new face for Final Fantasy but people want no parts of that. I even like Lightning but she's got her hand in all the modern Final Fantasy games.

Posted by Fawkes

Is the male version of Lightning's armor going to be the exact same?

It's Snow's outfit.

Edited by kerse

@meatsim said:

Do people actually like this character?

Yeah she's one of the better FF characters, but this may be a little much.

Edited by Akujin

I'm a XIV hardcore player now.

And this just pisses me off

Posted by FunkasaurasRex

Yo get your bad FF outta my good FF

Posted by flawless988

She's gonna have her own FATE. I'm going to guess the FATE will reward some kind of currency that will allow you to buy the outfit.

Edited by snowflame
@zero_ said:

She's pretty boring of a character- I don't know why they're milking her so much.

I DDon't know, either. :P

Its so blatantly obvious that they want Lightning to be the new Cloud and be the new face for Final Fantasy but people want no parts of that. I even like Lightning but she's got her hand in all the modern Final Fantasy games.

She's like the Randy Orton of video game characters.

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2