106 CommentsRefresh
Avatar image for darthorange
Edited by DarthOrange

dfsfdsf

edit: i feel so dirty :(

Avatar image for nemodat
Posted by NemoDat

Too soon?

Avatar image for nbesnerson
Posted by nbesnerson

Looks good!

Avatar image for craves
Posted by craves

New weapons and vehicles? Sign me up! I was thinking this was just the new maps. Color me pleasantly surprised.

Avatar image for kycinematic
Posted by kycinematic

Sharqi looking amazing, hell they all look amazing. This game definitely needs more maps.

Avatar image for arker101
Posted by Arker101

Enemy boat spotted.

Avatar image for tebbit
Posted by Tebbit

Awesome! What do they mean by "enhanced destruction", though?

Avatar image for easthill
Posted by easthill

Can't wait to drive that Bulldozer.

Avatar image for hot_karl
Posted by Hot_Karl

@DarthOrange said:

dfsfdsf

edit: i feel so dirty :(

As you should.

Wake Island looks gorgeous in this trailer. My golly.

Avatar image for mpgeist
Posted by mpgeist

For some reason I'm most excited about Wake Island. I never played BF2, but I did play 1942 so there's that.

Avatar image for d_o_a
Posted by D_O_A

It's also $25 AU for those who didnt buy the limited edition... (suckers) Love that EA claim to price fix for australia to stop retailers complaining... then go ahead and price fix something ONLY available via their store.

Avatar image for mhumphreys89
Posted by MHumphreys89

@Arker101 said:

Enemy boat spotted.

Avatar image for rirse
Posted by Rirse

No Steam, No Sale

Avatar image for donpixel
Posted by DonPixel

That looks fun

Avatar image for randominternetuser
Posted by RandomInternetUser

@craves said:

New weapons and vehicles? Sign me up! I was thinking this was just the new maps. Color me pleasantly surprised.

You can also take the new weapons back to the old maps, that makes me really happy.

Avatar image for younglink
Posted by YOUNGLINK

OH FUCKETH YESETH

Avatar image for bawlzinmotion
Posted by BawlZINmotion

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

Most unfortunate.

Avatar image for sgtsphynx
Posted by SgtSphynx

Fuck yeah, Wake Island!

Avatar image for jazzycola
Posted by Jazzycola

Man I wish social security used age gates cause then I'd be eligible for retirement as I always scroll down to 1950.

Avatar image for uberexplodey
Posted by UberExplodey

Yay!!!

Avatar image for billyhoush
Posted by billyhoush

This looks super sweet.

Avatar image for meatsim
Posted by MeatSim

Gulf of Oman? yes please.

Avatar image for huntad
Posted by huntad

OMG the frameraaaate! It's soo smooootthhh!

Avatar image for metal_mills
Posted by Metal_Mills
@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

Your loss.
Avatar image for mlarrabee
Edited by mlarrabee

Man, those improved textures and 60 FPS are making me wish my computing experience wasn't confined to laptops...

Avatar image for lockwoodx
Posted by lockwoodx

Can't wait for MW3 to come out and remove half the derps from BF3.

Avatar image for kalmis
Posted by kalmis

Sounds good, luckily this is free.

Avatar image for xeirus
Posted by Xeirus

@Metal_Mills said:

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

Your loss.

I understand not wanting origin (god knows I didn't) I actually even bought my from Best Buy, one of the only games in years I haven't bought online.

But to say that it's steam or nothing is completely ignorant, do not limit yourself to steam, you're killing your gaming experience.

Avatar image for selbie
Posted by selbie

Always be spotting.

om nom nom, delicious Wake Island :3

Avatar image for deadbynature
Posted by deadbynature

extended persistence? what the hell does that mean?!? D=

Avatar image for scotto
Posted by Scotto

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

I could understand your position, but fortunately using the game requires little to no interaction with Origin itself. Everything is done through the browser. I just keep Origin minimized to my system tray, and rarely even look at it.

- Scott

Avatar image for burritoad
Posted by Burritoad

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

People are still bitching about Battlefield 3 not being on Steam?

Avatar image for terjay
Posted by Terjay

@Branthog said:

First, what the fuck is "extended persistence"?

"Here's some stuff so you'll play longer."

Avatar image for djjoejoe
Posted by DJJoeJoe

@Terjay said:

@Branthog said:

First, what the fuck is "extended persistence"?

"Here's some stuff so you'll play longer."

If your extended persistence lasts for more than 8 hours, please call your doctor.

Avatar image for mumrik
Posted by Mumrik

And here it is, not in 360p, not in 480p or 720p, but 1080p:

Avatar image for ahmadmetallic
Posted by AhmadMetallic

Oman and Sharqi, if done right, will probably be the only two maps I'm playing.

Avatar image for xeiphyer
Posted by Xeiphyer
@Mumrik said:

And here it is, not in 360p, not in 480p or 720p, but 1080p:

Thanks for this. I don't need to see a shitty 360p video of a game where graphics are important, guess I'm going to stop watching trailers and anything not unique to GB on here. =/ Hope they fix this shit soon.
Avatar image for argo15
Posted by Argo15

Oh yeah cool!

Avatar image for fattony12000
Posted by Fattony12000

Sex in my ass.

WITH 64 PLAYERS.

Avatar image for mroldboy
Posted by MrOldboy

@Scotto said:

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

I could understand your position, but fortunately using the game requires little to no interaction with Origin itself. Everything is done through the browser. I just keep Origin minimized to my system tray, and rarely even look at it.

- Scott

The issue is that even if BF3 was on steam, it would still launch just a browser. The only thing steam would bring is the ability to download the game files and launch a browser through steam. Hell if you have Origin in the system tray, you can just go to battlelog anytime in a browser and launch the game. I have a favorite and exclusively use that to launch the game. If you want to do the launch part in steam and get the steam overlay and stuff just add BF3 to your steam library (add a non-steam game to steam). Besides most people were reporting faster download speeds with Origin. At this point I dont understand the No steam, No sale. Its like people are begging for Valve to control the entirety of PC digital downloads. Yeah, that always works for any market, one corporation to rule them all.

Avatar image for fminus
Posted by FMinus

@MrOldboy said:

The issue is that even if BF3 was on steam, it would still launch just a browser. The only thing steam would bring is the ability to download the game files and launch a browser through steam. Hell if you have Origin in the system tray, you can just go to battlelog anytime in a browser and launch the game. I have a favorite and exclusively use that to launch the game. If you want to do the launch part in steam and get the steam overlay and stuff just add BF3 to your steam library (add a non-steam game to steam). Besides most people were reporting faster download speeds with Origin. At this point I dont understand the No steam, No sale. Its like people are begging for Valve to control the entirety of PC digital downloads. Yeah, that always works for any market, one corporation to rule them all.

It just a hassle right now really nothing more. I'm fine with Origin, but I have over 50 games on Steam and I'd like my library to be in one place, that's the only complaint I have now. As for download speeds, I always get maximum of what my pipe delivers with both, Steam and Origin, just need to select a proper location I guess.

Avatar image for saltank
Posted by Saltank

1. Thanks for the 1080p YT link

2. Why is it still US vs RU ?!

3. The trailer rocks, and the trailer music is awesome!

Avatar image for hangnail
Posted by Hangnail

I really hoped DICE would be above charging for a couple of maps. Darn shame...

Avatar image for osiris
Posted by Osiris

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

Your loss. Origin sucks, I agree. But Steam isn't much better. Remember when everyone complained about that in the beginning? Yes, indeed. Same shit. Get over it and enjoy the game!

Avatar image for osiris
Posted by Osiris

@Xeiphyer: It's to get people subscribed. I personally don't have a problem with that.

Avatar image for scotto
Posted by Scotto

@Hangnail said:

I really hoped DICE would be above charging for a couple of maps. Darn shame...

EA ultimately make those decisions, not DICE. None of the major game publishers these day are against charging for maps or weapons. Call of Duty has made a business out of it

At least this DLC is free for people who pre-ordered the game or bought the "limited edition".

- Scott

Avatar image for wasara88
Posted by Wasara88

New maps are nice,but i would be more than happy if dice ditched wake island as the obligatory map in every battlefield game.

Avatar image for yorro
Posted by yorro

@kalmis said:

Sounds good, luckily this is free.

If this is free then why do I have the "Limited Edition Free Access to 'Return to Karkand'"?

Avatar image for gunslingernz
Edited by gunslingerNZ

@Osiris said:

@Rirse said:

No Steam, No Sale

Your loss. Origin sucks, I agree. But Steam isn't much better. Remember when everyone complained about that in the beginning? Yes, indeed. Same shit. Get over it and enjoy the game!

Except Steam came around when there was nothing like it and gobbled up all the market. Now publishers are looking to fragment it again and risk ruining this momentum PC gaming has right now. It's a slippery slope, at this point the line is "well it's only two game clients" but what about when Activision and Ubisoft get in on it as well... I'll be damned if I'll run four separate game clients, friends lists, chat services, achievement services.

Also Steam is a fantastic service right now because it's been around for so long and has been refined, Origin just isn't. You're right though it's not worth missing the game over it. I bought the game retail and have the minimum possible interaction with Origin, hopefully EA gets the message soon enough.

@Hangnail said:

I really hoped DICE would be above charging for a couple of maps. Darn shame...

It's kind of difficult to complain though, they made it clear from the start that this would be free if you pre-ordered and you're getting considerably more content than the typical map pack comes with.