108 Comments
  • 108 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by BeefyGrandmole

cool

Posted by GlenTennis

That's the worst deck I've ever read.

Edited by FourWude

You broke my heart with Bioshock 1 Ken. YOU BROKE MY HEART!!

It was meant to be the ultimate FPS-RPG and it succeeded in doing neither particularly well.

I know it was you Ken..... I know it was you. But I'll give you once more chance, and you better not fuck up. 

P.S. I liked Bioshock 2... 

Posted by paulithon

I fully expected to see a load of people crying when I opened this video up and wondered what would happen with the 'tears' 
 
total facepalm

Posted by drag

Delicious tears.  
Oh you mean tears

Posted by Funger

I just want to watch Ken Levine talk all day. 

Posted by Jonathan

I could not be more excited for this game. Seriously, those guys are geniuses.

Posted by zyn

Holy... O_o;  I NEED THIS GAME NAO!

Posted by DaemonBlack

Im trying to avoid as much info on this game as possible. I want to be wow'ed like the original Bioshock.

Posted by xMrSunshine

HLARGBHALRGB This game.
 
I've reached the point where I know I shouldn't watch or read anything about it but I just can't let it be.

Posted by Jeffk38uk

I forgot GB mentioned the tears and that seemed pretty interesting use of choice and creating cover but also a way to access time and place itself.

Posted by Zettalock

Oooh, cool, That's the 1980s thing they were talking about on the Bombcast

Posted by Wuddel

Ah. Scientist name dropping. I need this game!

Posted by zombie2011

WTF this game is still a year out right? 
  
They need to stop getting me so hype for the game so early.

Posted by ABritishNerd
@FourWude: Wait, you liked the vastly unsuperior Bioshock 2 to the masterpiece that was the original?
Posted by LifeByDegrees

It reminds me of Orihime's power in Bleach. The whole denial of reality concept. Different in how its implemented- but a similar character trait. 
Or it may just be that she wants to heal the horse.

Posted by Roomrunner

Giant Bomb's video player saves my birthdate, so I don't have to enter it for every age check. 
 
Also, I can play the video full screen on my second monitor, and it won't disable full screen when I do stuff in other windows. 
 
You guys are the best.

Posted by RTSlord

so she can pull stuff from other realities?

Posted by rmanthorp

@Funger said:

I just want to watch Ken Levine talk all day.

Yup.

Moderator
Posted by Origina1Penguin

This game is mind-fucking me ear to ear and it's not even out yet.

Posted by Gre

Whoa!  The first showing of Revenge of the Jedi is at 9:30 in the morning?  That is crazy!

Posted by Apollo87

Revenge of the Jedi sounds like a pretty interesting movie.

Posted by MrGtD

Heisenburg?

Stay out of my territory, Levine.

Posted by peterpie

Aww man, and I thought the Countdown To Tears was finally over.

Posted by DonutFever
@MrGtD said:

Heisenburg?

Stay out of my territory, Levine.

Well played, sir. 
Posted by Chuck_

Wow.

Posted by Hector

Oh wow...this game is gonna be awesome!

Posted by The_Nubster
@FourWude said:

You broke my heart with Bioshock 1 Ken. YOU BROKE MY HEART!!

It was meant to be the ultimate FPS-RPG and it succeeded in doing neither particularly well.

I know it was you Ken..... I know it was you. But I'll give you once more chance, and you better not fuck up. 

P.S. I liked Bioshock 2... 

Me and you both, man. Bioshock 1 was underwhelming and just felt 'off' overall, but I felt that Bioshock 2 fixed all of what was wrong with the original.
Posted by lokilaufey

Accidentally put in wrong year, got "You're too young to watch this video. Go to church instead." I love GB.

That said, I am so so so psyched for Bioshock Infinite. SO PSYCHED.

Posted by emilknievel

Dare  I say it? This will be the game of the year 2012! 
There I said it!

Posted by alexstone108

Every time I see anything from this game I am in sheer awe. That horse thing? Stunning.

Posted by LackinPantz

Aw Ken, really? Smugly dismissing the far superior sequel which took your heavy handed universe in an interesting exploration of parenting with a quick "original bioshock" quip? What a shame.

Truly, the ability to control a terrible "ghosting" story device overused since System Shock 2 demands our immediate attention and a game of the show award. WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE PLAYER? Antlions, a care package or a Gears of War wall?! The options truly are limitless in this fantastical land we must call "Game of E3 2011". Keep name dropping more scientists alongside your terrible one-note characters, Ken, I heard it gives insta-cred with folks who haven't cracked a book recently.

I can't wait for a hack game dev to come in to the podcast one day and say how much his relationship to big-breast token girl changed his views on love and marriage. Hrm, yase, then we too can enjoy a magical trip through their own misogynistic worldviews and the clucking of neckbeard tongues that agree. Hell, he's already echoing the shallow South Park perspective of "the truth is somewhere down the middle~~~" with an awful attempt to capture USA's resurgence of 1920s xenophobia.

Here's a simple challenge Irrational: Try telling a story without the ghosts, audiologs or cutscenes. I seriously doubt you have the chops for it anymore. In your defense, you're making a colorful universe that I can't wait to see the 2k devhouses make a real game out of.

Posted by Nomin

Well, seems pretty much like a scant novelty game mechanic, to me.

Posted by coakroach

*chin on fist* Tell me more Ken

Posted by Mr48

Game designers should stop pretending they understand anything about science. The Bioshock and Assassin's Creed games are just embarrassing in their attempts to sound "scientific".

Posted by Fjordson
@LackinPantz: So much failure in one comment. Fascinating!
Posted by emem

Wow, okay.. and wow again. It's time to stop watching anything related to this game until I've played through it.. no more spoilers for me.

Posted by buhssuht

at first, i was like "how is crying tears gonna help?" and then i see the video, "oh that tears"

Posted by TurboMan

can we please just get a video of the freaking demo being played?

Posted by jbuchan76

I think i'm in love.. :) can't wait to experience the world.. looks so good!

Edited by Sanious
@Mr48 said:

Game designers should stop pretending they understand anything about science. The Bioshock and Assassin's Creed games are just embarrassing in their attempts to sound "scientific".

I find it embarrassing that people think they know what the developers actually know about the subject. Or embarrassing that people are making that judgment based on a couple minute video.
Posted by Dustpan

Looks super polished.

Posted by PXAbstraction

I would pay a substantial amount of money to watch Ken Levine give a talk about how he comes up with ideas like this.

Posted by DrLove
@LackinPantz said:

Aw Ken, really? Smugly dismissing the far superior sequel which took your heavy handed universe in an interesting exploration of parenting with a quick "original bioshock" quip? What a shame.

Truly, the ability to control a terrible "ghosting" story device overused since System Shock 2 demands our immediate attention and a game of the show award. WHAT WILL YOU CHOOSE PLAYER? Antlions, a care package or a Gears of War wall?! The options truly are limitless in this fantastical land we must call "Game of E3 2011". Keep name dropping more scientists alongside your terrible one-note characters, Ken, I heard it gives insta-cred with folks who haven't cracked a book recently.

I can't wait for a hack game dev to come in to the podcast one day and say how much his relationship to big-breast token girl changed his views on love and marriage. Hrm, yase, then we too can enjoy a magical trip through their own misogynistic worldviews and the clucking of neckbeard tongues that agree. Hell, he's already echoing the shallow South Park perspective of "the truth is somewhere down the middle~~~" with an awful attempt to capture USA's resurgence of 1920s xenophobia.

Here's a simple challenge Irrational: Try telling a story without the ghosts, audiologs or cutscenes. I seriously doubt you have the chops for it anymore. In your defense, you're making a colorful universe that I can't wait to see the 2k devhouses make a real game out of.

do you work  for 2k?  I loved both Bioshock's but the sequel was not superior ...
Posted by halfcirclepunch

Holy hell. Does that billboard at the end say "Revenge of the Jedi"? I think it does. That's crazy!!!

Posted by Falconer

Damn it! I was hoping for that entire sequence (Tears for Fears playing and all).

Posted by gorkamorkaorka

STOP MAKING ME ENTER MY AGE. THIS IS A GOOD WEBSITE

Posted by DHunter329

@xMrSunshine said:

HLARGBHALRGB This game. I've reached the point where I know I shouldn't watch or read anything about it but I just can't let it be.
Posted by ninjalegend
@Mr48 said:
Game designers should stop pretending they understand anything about science. The Bioshock and Assassin's Creed games are just embarrassing in their attempts to sound "scientific".
I don't think accuracy is what they are going for, duder. I know that punching holes in other realities would more likely produce a crossing the streams (Ghost Busters reference) effect than anything helpful. I think it to be more sci fi than sticking to scientific doctorate. If I can buy into a dude getting shot, than recovering in a few seconds, the inaccuracy of depicted inter dimensional crossing does not seem as far of a logical leap of faith.
Posted by plasticsaber

@emem said:

Wow, okay.. and wow again. It's time to stop watching anything related to this game until I've played through it.. no more spoilers for me.

I keep telling myself that. It's not working.

  • 108 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3