48 Comments
Edited by rb_man

fdafdfda

EDIT: how did that happen

Posted by NickBOTT

my friends and I still play third strike so Im pumped to take my Q skills online!

Posted by PKHilson

I'm confused by the numbering in the Street Fighter games. And I don't care enough to sort it out...

Posted by dr_mantas

Nice trailer music... that's pretty much all that seems interesting to me.

Posted by ThePhantomnaut

PLAY 3RD STRIKE. IT'S A GOOD GAME.

Posted by OllyOxenFree

Even though Capcom can kiss my ass, that was a well done trailer.

Posted by Foggen

@NickBOTT said:

my friends and I still play third strike so Im pumped to take my Q skills online!

You're a bad person.

Posted by NickBOTT
@Foggen: and why is that?
Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

Capcom makes quality trailers. I'm amped for this now.

Posted by Foggen

@NickBOTT: Q is for bad people.

Posted by NickBOTT
@Foggen: Gotcha
Posted by misclet

HYPED

Posted by sickVisionz

I will be balls at this game but day one buy none the less.  That's an insane feature set.

Posted by Skogen

@ThePhantomnaut: Drunk Rom so godlike.

Posted by GalacticPunt

California Extreme caused me to search for SFIII cabinets on Craigslist. Someone was selling a Third Strike machine for $500. Capcom put in CRT mode, so I guess I can save $485 by downloading this?

@ThePhantomnaut: How can I argue with that?

Posted by SockLobster
@PKHilson said:
I'm confused by the numbering in the Street Fighter games. And I don't care enough to sort it out...
But the numbering is the easy part...
Edited by ThePhantomnaut

@GalacticPunt said:

California Extreme caused me to search for SFIII cabinets on Craigslist. Someone was selling a Third Strike machine for $500. Capcom put in CRT mode, so I guess I can save $485 by downloading this?

@ThePhantomnaut: How can I argue with that?

Well there will be a normal 4:3 mode for sure. Even though I will get this, I hope to find the arcade one if I can afford it. While the US cabinets are fine, personally I would get the 3rd Strike 990512 board first and then get a Sega Astro City which for sure costs moar than $500. Where is the link to it? I wanna check it out.

Posted by ThePhantomnaut

@Foggen said:

@NickBOTT: Q is for bad people.

PJSalt

Posted by Funger

Have to give Capcom credit.  They can make a bad-ass trailer or two.  

Posted by BooDoug187

Mark of my deity will scar thy DNA...

Posted by Foggen

@ThePhantomnaut: There's some masterful playing there, which I respect, but that taunt is where the evil lies.

Posted by dirkfunk

Capcom should release more rehashes and games that came out 15 years ago. . . . . .

Edited by ThePhantomnaut

@Foggen said:

@ThePhantomnaut: There's some masterful playing there, which I respect, but that taunt is where the evil lies.

Interestingly enough SFIII's taunts actually have some beneficial properties. Q for example can boost his health (multiple can stack), Ken gets an additional 10% damage boost, Dudley's rose can force the opponent to guard or parry.

Unless it's obvious such as post KO taunts, they are sort of a good utility during a fight.

Posted by buft
@ThePhantomnaut said:

PLAY 3RD STRIKE. IT'S A GOOD GAME.

thats a better trailer
Posted by Treppass

yes they are re-releasing it, but only because fans asked for it, which is a nice thing for capcom to do dont you think? plus playing this game online is enough to convince me. cant wait.
 
'welcome to the world of Street Fighter III..... Prepare for battle!'

Posted by GalacticPunt
Posted by MisterMouse

seems like a really good release!

Posted by SpudBug

so good.

What they need in the trial mode is a hit confirm mode - computer blocks randomly and the computer tracks if you can hit confirm into a combo correctly. Would help a lot with that game.

Posted by ThePhantomnaut

@GalacticPunt said:

@ThePhantomnaut: I don't think this is the setup you prefer, but here ya go: "No wheelin', no dealin'"

Not a bad price even with US parts. I question though is the battery life on the board. Unfortunately Capcom does not have a replacement battery service in the US anymore so you might have to ship it to Japan. Good thing though is that Moorpark is near Simi Valley which has a really good arcade called Denjin Arcade. They run 3rd Strike on Japanese cabinets.

Posted by rmanthorp

Third Strike is my favourite.

Moderator
Posted by Hero_Swe

Yes! The real king of SF is back.
Posted by Arath

God I love this game. This is my competitive street fighter game of choice. Cannot wait!

Posted by Solh0und

Mark my words:
 
 

Will 
Buy

Posted by Pen
@treppass said:
yes they are re-releasing it, but only because fans asked for it, which is a nice thing for capcom to do dont you think? plus playing this game online is enough to convince me. cant wait.  'welcome to the world of Street Fighter III..... Prepare for battle!'
It's not even Capcom that's working on this. It was outsourced to some company from Chicago. Hopefully Capcom learns from what they are doing.
Posted by ThePhantomnaut

@Pen said:

@treppass said:
yes they are re-releasing it, but only because fans asked for it, which is a nice thing for capcom to do dont you think? plus playing this game online is enough to convince me. cant wait. 'welcome to the world of Street Fighter III..... Prepare for battle!'
It's not even Capcom that's working on this. It was outsourced to some company from Chicago. Hopefully Capcom learns from what they are doing.

The game was supervised by one Adam Boyes.

Posted by VanillaPlant

@SpudBug: Just set the dummy in training mode to block/parry your attacks randomly. Even the PS2 version had that.

Edited by xxNBxx

I know Alex wasn't that popular but he wasn't in that vid at all,  every other character was though. What's up with that?

Posted by TheUnsavedHero

So ready for this to come out. I'm gonna be complete shit in the beginning ha ha.

Posted by CL60

GGPO netcode eh? Interesting.

Posted by GioVANNI
@ThePhantomnaut said:

@Pen said:

@treppass said:
yes they are re-releasing it, but only because fans asked for it, which is a nice thing for capcom to do dont you think? plus playing this game online is enough to convince me. cant wait. 'welcome to the world of Street Fighter III..... Prepare for battle!'
It's not even Capcom that's working on this. It was outsourced to some company from Chicago. Hopefully Capcom learns from what they are doing.

The game was supervised by one Adam Boyes.

That's enough to sell me.
Posted by Pop

I wonder if the different visual modes will change how the game plays, does the framerate change or commands are accepted faster. Cause that would be really weird

Posted by MideonNViscera

So fuckin pumped for this. Only ever played it on GGPO and I couldn't even get online with it haha

Posted by Wandering_Idiot

@PKHilson said:

I'm confused by the numbering in the Street Fighter games. And I don't care enough to sort it out...

It's the third Street Fighter 3 game.

Capcom!

Posted by HelliSkelli

Damn, when that beat kicks in it is ON!  That song alone makes me want this more!

Posted by Napalm

I was never a huge III: Third Strike fan, so I'll probably pass on this. Actually, this makes me want to boot up Super Street Fighter II: Turbo HD Remix, considering I haven't played that game in a minute.

Posted by IronScimitar

I still cant do those damn Tech Hits or counters or whatever they are.

Posted by MeatSim

Somebody at Capcom knows how to cut some trailers.

Posted by Xpgamer7

@Funger said:

Have to give Capcom credit. They can make a bad-ass trailer or two.