139 Comments
  • 139 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by Chaoticarsonist

If you had told me this was a quick-look for Modern Warfare 3, and dropped into the game without showing me the menus, I would have believed you.

The same recycled sprint animations, sound effects, and gameplay elements. Clearly, Infinity Ward has been busy for the last two years.

Online
Posted by Spitznock

The zero g stuff was the only part of this that looked at all interesting.

Posted by stanleynipple

I just realized this is nothing more than Quake 3 with contemporary weapons.

Edited by mrcraggle

@sooty said:

@liquidprince said:

@vuud said:

@liquidprince said:

Is it just me or do the models in this game look extra shitty. I feel like they cut back a bit extra on current gen so next gen stuff looks better.

Watch the part during the campaign when you and Hesh are talkin' to dad. Dad has a fucking triangle head and laughable animation. They definitely took a hatchet to the graphics of the current gen, real quick and dirty like to get it out this early. I don't know who would buy this if they have any plans on getting the next gen consoles, or just get it for PC.

That's exactly the moment when I was writing this. Looks like a PS2 model...

It still looks like shit on PC, so I wouldn't count on the PS4 or Xbone having it any better. It's actually offensive on PC because the spec requirements basically doubled (hard drive space tripled) yet it still looks worse than Crysis and almost any other half-decent PC game from the last 5 years.

It's the definition of phoning it in, people seem to be being harsher this year. Long overdue.

I was just about to comment on their dad's head and overall animation. I feel that these game have been largely underwhelming from a graphical perspective for a number of years now. CoD4 looked great at the time but that was 2007 and it's remained largely unchanged. The multiplayer models in BlOps were worse than the ones found in MW2. I'm not a fan of the sound production in CoD games either especially when compared to how well it's done in the Battlefield series and with so many people working on these games, it should be better.

Posted by mlarrabee

When I see Call of Duty multiplayer being played, memories of the fun I had coming home from work and playing MW2 flood back.

Fresher memories of my three rounds of MW3 multiplayer keep that in check and my wallet in my pocket.

Edited by MeatSim

Sounds like there's not nearly enough dog in this game, despite them making such a big deal about it.

Posted by Vuud

@sooty said:

@liquidprince said:

@vuud said:

@liquidprince said:

Is it just me or do the models in this game look extra shitty. I feel like they cut back a bit extra on current gen so next gen stuff looks better.

Watch the part during the campaign when you and Hesh are talkin' to dad. Dad has a fucking triangle head and laughable animation. They definitely took a hatchet to the graphics of the current gen, real quick and dirty like to get it out this early. I don't know who would buy this if they have any plans on getting the next gen consoles, or just get it for PC.

That's exactly the moment when I was writing this. Looks like a PS2 model...

It still looks like shit on PC, so I wouldn't count on the PS4 or Xbone having it any better. It's actually offensive on PC because the spec requirements basically doubled (hard drive space tripled) yet it still looks worse than Crysis and almost any other half-decent PC game from the last 5 years.

It's the definition of phoning it in, people seem to be being harsher this year. Long overdue.

I was just about to comment on their dad's head and overall animation. I feel that these game have been largely underwhelming from a graphical perspective for a number of years now. CoD4 looked great at the time but that was 2007 and it's remained largely unchanged. The multiplayer models in BlOps were worse than the ones found in MW2. I'm not a fan of the sound production in CoD games either especially when compared to how well it's done in the Battlefield series and with so many people working on these games, it should be better.

BTW, just for reference...

Posted by Paindamnation

So absolutely no comment on how this is the premise of Gi Joe Retaliation? Seriously?

Posted by bgdiner

Yeah this is awful. I'm not even a Battlefield fan, but it's clear that the guys over at DICE are positioning themselves for the future where Infinity Ward is relying on the same, tired animations and gameplay. Makes me hearken back for the days of the original games (1,2,4).

Posted by courage_wolf

I am ready for Call of Duty style multiplayer progression to be done. Starting out with a bunch of shit guns and being presented with 1000 things to go grind for has no appeal any more. Battlefield 3 was by far the worst offender in the unnecessary grind department. I had 5 attachments for the P90 unlocked before I had the ability to equip it. I wish multiplayer games would move past this. It was a breath of fresh air in 2007, but it has been run into the ground by every multiplayer game released since then. It would be great if multiplayer matches had meaning beyond unlocking the same guns year after year.

Posted by Mezmero

I don't know why you guys call em' Quick. This campaign looks sooooo dumb.

Online
Posted by chose

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare was like masturbating for the first time, now it's just getting weird.

Posted by elpurplemonkey

Think I've gotten everything I want out of this game in the QL. Actually dig COD on a relatively regular basis, but a lot of this looks like a step down. In all fairness- that prologue looks exceptionally neat.

Posted by smikey

The unlock system is almost the exact same as Medal of Honor Warfighter's. And yes, I am a bad person that likes MOH.

Posted by Will_M

I really hope the true next-gen COD shakes up the franchise beyond a few new game modes, new guns and puppies. Haven't played a COD since MW2 (and black ops single player) but if they really did something different, I'd gladly hop back in. Something like Alpha Protocol with the smooth gameplay of a COD game. They already get a big enough budget to hire "big name" actors so why not write a decent story where you can build relationships with the characters. Just spit-ballin here.

Edited by Krystal_Sackful

This looks so underwhelming. It reminds me of that James Bond fps that came out. So bland.

Posted by Robopengy

Almost two hours of QL? So they make it about half way through the campaign?

Edited by Ubersmake

I was wondering why ODIN seemed so familiar. And then I remembered that it was in the last GI Joe movie.

EDIT: @paindamnation, you too, huh?

Posted by Vorhenze

This game looks borderline awful. Casual gamer game indeed.

Edited by GregIsRad

@krystal_sackful said:

This looks so underwhelming. It reminds me of that James Bond fps that came out. So bland.

James Bland.

Posted by shamanultra

This is the epitome of "I see you first and get to kill you first" the game.

Posted by belin43

...disgusting game...

Edited by ArchTeckGuru8

.... that looks nothing like san diego, pine trees like that dont exist in san diego unless its way up in julian or something

Edited by Bipa

HESH WANTS MARRIED SEX!

Edited by MachoFantastico

Not meaning to start a 'which game is better' war here, but the multiplayer feels so lifeless after playing Battlefield 4 lately, I know it's a different type of multiplayer game but it feels like they're randomly making changes without considering if there good or bad for the mode.

The single player is exactly as I expected.

Posted by TheBojangler

@archteckguru8 said:

.... that looks nothing like san diego, pine trees like that dont exist in san diego unless its way up in julian or something

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. Have they even been to San Diego? Because that ain't it.

Posted by Ravelle

@solh0und said:

Somehow the multiplayer looks like it could totally pass for a F2P shooter and that may not be a good thing.

CoD: Revolution coming soon.

Posted by GunsAreDrawn

It seems like every year a new call of duty comes out Jeff just gets worse at them.

Posted by namesonkel
Edited by DougQuaid

@courage_wolf said:

I am ready for Call of Duty style multiplayer progression to be done. Starting out with a bunch of shit guns and being presented with 1000 things to go grind for has no appeal any more. Battlefield 3 was by far the worst offender in the unnecessary grind department. I had 5 attachments for the P90 unlocked before I had the ability to equip it. I wish multiplayer games would move past this. It was a breath of fresh air in 2007, but it has been run into the ground by every multiplayer game released since then. It would be great if multiplayer matches had meaning beyond unlocking the same guns year after year.

At some point, simply being fun to play wasn't enough, or we were led to believe it wasn't.

Posted by bunnymud

Recycled scenes in Ghosts??

http://youtu.be/5E82ZkHTiVU

Posted by Zevvion

Question for people who have played many Call of Duty games including Ghosts:

I have played the first Modern Warfare and thought it was really great. I played it for the single player. I haven't played a Call of Duty game since, because they seemingly were the same each time and I already got what I wanted out of Modern Warfare. However, now a lot of time has passed since then, and I'm kinda in the mood to play another game like that. Will I like Ghosts? I've read the single player isn't that great, but is that because those people have also all played every game in between? I am in the mood for such a game right now. Will it still feel exactly the same as the first Modern Warfare?

Posted by Abendlaender

That's not quick at ALL!

Posted by Shaunage

This looks like exactly the game I want to play.

Edited by Grixxel

And yet people keep buying this shit.

Edited by Nation764

@zevvion said:

Question for people who have played many Call of Duty games including Ghosts:

I have played the first Modern Warfare and thought it was really great. I played it for the single player. I haven't played a Call of Duty game since, because they seemingly were the same each time and I already got what I wanted out of Modern Warfare. However, now a lot of time has passed since then, and I'm kinda in the mood to play another game like that. Will I like Ghosts? I've read the single player isn't that great, but is that because those people have also all played every game in between? I am in the mood for such a game right now. Will it still feel exactly the same as the first Modern Warfare?

The first Modern Warfare revolutionized first person shooters in many ways. It is universally regarded as a great game. Since then there seems, to me, to be diminishing returns with each new iteration, for the most part. There are cool moments from each of the intervening games, but they all somewhat blur together for me at this point. That said, this new release is bad in my opinion, compared to the others. For you I don't think it would feel at all the same as COD 4. It is so much more bombastic and over the top with its scenarios and scenes that you are basically just pulling the trigger only to knock a few guys down in order to get to the next ridiculous scripted scene. It's basically whack-a-mole then UTTER CATASTROPHIC DESTRUCTION, rinse and repeat. And the characters are frustratingly terrible, to the point that they make me mad at how simple and pandering they are to the player. Read Jeff's review and you will understand my feelings on the game as well.

I seem to have good memories of Black Ops 1 for some reason, though I think games tend to stick in my mind alongside what was going on in my life at the time, thus coloring my memories of them, the same as with music.

Posted by devilgunman

Game looks boring as fuck but QL is entertaining as always.

Posted by Scorch

It feels like if it didn't have the COD name attached they would have spent an hour making fun of this.

Posted by geirr

I don't play these games but this looks really bad to me fidelity-wise. I was tempted to try Battlefield just for it's presentation but figured I'd wait and see how this turned out and I'm surprised at how stale and uninspired it looks. The space part looked cool though.

Posted by MachoFantastico

@scorch said:

It feels like if it didn't have the COD name attached they would have spent an hour making fun of this.

I kind of got that feeling, though to be fair they do speak honestly about it.

Posted by MachoFantastico

Is that Stephen Lang doing the voice of the father?

Edited by sween24

It's just so tedious and dumb at this point, and completely un-self aware
.

I literally laughed out loud and spilled my tea when that guy rugby tackled that wolf, and i can't imagine it was meant to be funny.

Edited by slyspider

@delobius said:

@l44 said:

Lost it.

I woulda bought this game, the cod they actually released though...

Posted by ShaggE

I'd actually buy this if they threw in a zero-G multiplayer map.

As-is... ehhhhh... CoD multiplayer is fun and all, but... ehhhhhh...

Posted by fisk0

@vuud said:

@mrcraggle said:

@sooty said:

@liquidprince said:

@vuud said:

@liquidprince said:

Is it just me or do the models in this game look extra shitty. I feel like they cut back a bit extra on current gen so next gen stuff looks better.

Watch the part during the campaign when you and Hesh are talkin' to dad. Dad has a fucking triangle head and laughable animation. They definitely took a hatchet to the graphics of the current gen, real quick and dirty like to get it out this early. I don't know who would buy this if they have any plans on getting the next gen consoles, or just get it for PC.

That's exactly the moment when I was writing this. Looks like a PS2 model...

It still looks like shit on PC, so I wouldn't count on the PS4 or Xbone having it any better. It's actually offensive on PC because the spec requirements basically doubled (hard drive space tripled) yet it still looks worse than Crysis and almost any other half-decent PC game from the last 5 years.

It's the definition of phoning it in, people seem to be being harsher this year. Long overdue.

I was just about to comment on their dad's head and overall animation. I feel that these game have been largely underwhelming from a graphical perspective for a number of years now. CoD4 looked great at the time but that was 2007 and it's remained largely unchanged. The multiplayer models in BlOps were worse than the ones found in MW2. I'm not a fan of the sound production in CoD games either especially when compared to how well it's done in the Battlefield series and with so many people working on these games, it should be better.

BTW, just for reference...

Well, it is still the Quake III engine we're talking about here, they've added a bunch of shaders, but sometimes it seems people have forgotten what high end PC games looked like 12 years ago.

Posted by DragonNinja789

So it sounds like they went the Red Dawn route in terms of the story....and took a dump on it. Shame. I love the original Red Dawn.

Edited by Sooty

@nation764 said:

@zevvion said:

Question for people who have played many Call of Duty games including Ghosts:

I have played the first Modern Warfare and thought it was really great. I played it for the single player. I haven't played a Call of Duty game since, because they seemingly were the same each time and I already got what I wanted out of Modern Warfare. However, now a lot of time has passed since then, and I'm kinda in the mood to play another game like that. Will I like Ghosts? I've read the single player isn't that great, but is that because those people have also all played every game in between? I am in the mood for such a game right now. Will it still feel exactly the same as the first Modern Warfare?

The first Modern Warfare revolutionized first person shooters in many ways.

It didn't at all. The only thing Modern Warfare did that was new and pretty impressive (at the time) was the online system and perks.

Call of Duty 4, played identical to Call of Duty 2, it didn't move the genre forward at all outside of the multiplayer stuff. (which is not even genre specific)

Posted by Mystyr_E

heh, stealth dog

Deus Ex: Canine Revolution

  • 139 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3