252 Comments
Posted by Huey2k2

The bandit stuff is way more interesting to me than any of the zombie stuff.

I am so very tired of zombie games.

Edited by LarryDavis

@larsa said:

Was having fun with this game before I was hit by the autosave bug and lost 90 minutes of progress. Kinda sapped my spirits.

Yup. Fuck this game. Glad I only redboxed it. Good job, Naughty Dog, I was ready to believe in you guys again even after Uncharted 3.

Posted by Lobster_Ear

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

You do realize the saving glitch didn't exist when this game was reviewed, right?

You do realize it was caused by a server issue and it is already fixed, right?

Of course you do.

Edited by owlmassive

@kishinfoulux: that was before the problem happened and its to do with the day 1 patch

Posted by jimmyfenix

The auto save bug has been fixed !

Posted by VoshiNova

Either I'm in a bad mood, or the dialogue between Ryan and Patrick is obnoxious.

Posted by doe3879

The last of the ps3 for me is dark souls 2. And it'll stay in the system for as many years as the previous game. Or till the PC version is out. And if they come out at the same time than never mind what I said.

Edited by kishinfoulux

@kishinfoulux said:

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

You do realize the saving glitch didn't exist when this game was reviewed, right?

You do realize it was caused by a server issue and it is already fixed, right?

Of course you do.

You do realize it's already affected plenty of people right?

You do realize that maybe they should review the actual retail product, since stuff like this happens right?

Of course you do.

Edited by LikeaSsur

@lobster_ear said:

@kishinfoulux said:

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

You do realize the saving glitch didn't exist when this game was reviewed, right?

You do realize it was caused by a server issue and it is already fixed, right?

Of course you do.

You do realize it's already affected plenty of people right?

You do realize that maybe they should review the actual retail product, since stuff like this happens right?

Of course you do.

You must've missed the part where he said "It's already fixed."

Edited by kishinfoulux

@kishinfoulux said:

@lobster_ear said:

@kishinfoulux said:

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

You do realize the saving glitch didn't exist when this game was reviewed, right?

You do realize it was caused by a server issue and it is already fixed, right?

Of course you do.

You do realize it's already affected plenty of people right?

You do realize that maybe they should review the actual retail product, since stuff like this happens right?

Of course you do.

You must've missed the part where he said "It's already fixed."

So it's okay that the problem existed to begin with? I seem to also recall issues with Uncharted 3 at launch as well. But hey...Naughty Dog we'll give them a free fucking pass.

Posted by MeatSim

You can throw all the bricks and bottles you want? Sounds like a fun apocalypse.

Posted by Lobster_Ear

@likeassur said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@lobster_ear said:

@kishinfoulux said:

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

You do realize the saving glitch didn't exist when this game was reviewed, right?

You do realize it was caused by a server issue and it is already fixed, right?

Of course you do.

You do realize it's already affected plenty of people right?

You do realize that maybe they should review the actual retail product, since stuff like this happens right?

Of course you do.

You must've missed the part where he said "It's already fixed."

So it's okay that the problem existed to begin with? I seem to also recall issues with Uncharted 3 at launch as well. But hey...Naughty Dog we'll give them a free fucking pass.

The game hasn't even been out for a day. There was a minor server issue that was fixed almost immediately, but no lets demand reviewers to hold off on reviewing a game, which means we won't see the review for another week, which makes the review pretty meaningless for the huge amount of people who buy their games on release day.

Oh and on top of that let's permanently deduct points from a game for a server glitch that only existed for a hand full of hours on the first day of the games release. A glitch that 99% of the people playing will never experience.

Yeah, lets do that.

Posted by Flacracker

@jimmyfenix: Wait. What the fuck does auto saving have to do with server? The cloud? Is The Last of Us secretly online only?

Edited by mrpandaman

@blacklab said:

This Troy Baker joker is the new Northie.

*pun intended

I suggest that Troy Baker replace Nolan North for the Northies but keep the same name :P

I'm waiting for the buddy-cop game where Troy Baker and Nolan North co-star so we could give them both a Northie.

Posted by ross2075

TV broken...can't play....will have to watch QL....sad

Edited by Catarrhal

I earned platinum trophies in all three Uncharted games but have zero interest in playing this. Even the Quick Look was too boring to finish.

Edited by OurSin_360

@kishinfoulux said:

So the game has some sort of bad saving glitch...but hey let's all give it perfect scores. Typical Naughty Dog adoration by the media.

lol, I think i said earlier in the week they must have had a reason for the strict non disclosure stuff for early reviews. "Hey guys, don't mention the save glitch it'll be patched on day one" bleh, it's probably a great game but never trust games trying to hide that much with so many early reviews.

*edit* Server glitch? So why would this effect a single player save game? unless your storing on the cloud? .....

Posted by LikeaSsur

@kishinfoulux: Yeah, let's give them a pass on something that isn't their fault. That seems pretty logical.

But no, you'd rather factor things that aren't the game into a review score about the game.

Posted by Sin4profit

18:40 - did i miss something? what was Ryan freaking out about?

Edited by falpatrick

You CAN kill with the brick! run up and jam the square button!

Posted by ArbitraryWater

If I had a PS3 I'd be pretty stoked for this game.

Posted by MelficeVKM

Just got the save bug, lost five hours of progress. Hot damn.

Edited by jimmyfenix

@flacracker: Its common this is how games get information like How many headshots you have done or how many people you have killed. its fixed now

Edited by mbr2

Looks boring. Lots of filler parts where nothing's happening. I don't mind linear level design but when you create an ostensibly "realistic" game and then let the ruined world have extremely convenient paths that the characters never question would lead to a dead end, you're doing it wrong.

Posted by Milkman

I had the exact same reaction as Ryan during that QTE event section with a glass. Holy fuck, those characters look great.

Posted by jimmyfenix

@mbr2: Yeah lets judge a game with what 40 mins ?

Posted by Amafi

@quietyith: I assume it's like sonar, meaning they "see" objects by bouncing sound off it instead of seeing photons, or whatever. Bats don't avoid flying into walls because the walls are so noisy.

Posted by daddy_gab

Any spoilers in this video? Im getting the game later and I want to be free from any story info about the game.

Posted by mrcraggle

@mrcraggle said:

@blacklab said:

This Troy Baker joker is the new Northie.

*pun intended

I suggest that Troy Baker replace Nolan North for the Northies but keep the same name :P

I'm waiting for the buddy-cop game where Troy Baker and Nolan North co-star so we could give them both a Northie.

They will both be in the new Batman game. Troy Baker is doing the voice of the Joker and Nolan North will be reprising his role of The Penguin as well as Black Mask.

Posted by Ghostiet

Game is dope. That's all I'd like to say.

So Naughty Dog was trying to eliminate ludo-narrative dissonance, but Joel can see through walls?

I don't know, guys. I think I'll wait on this one.

He'll only see the silhouettes if the enemy is making sounds. If a mook is leaning against a wall and not moving, he won't sense him even if you're just on the other side of that wall. The only enemies whom you'll constantly see in listening mode are clickers, since they produce sound all the time. Plus, you can disable it completely and you won't rely just on it anyway.

Posted by bunnymud

This is the ONLY QL I have put off to watch until I actually play the game

/pat on back

Posted by mrpandaman

@mrpandaman said:

@mrcraggle said:

@blacklab said:

This Troy Baker joker is the new Northie.

*pun intended

I suggest that Troy Baker replace Nolan North for the Northies but keep the same name :P

I'm waiting for the buddy-cop game where Troy Baker and Nolan North co-star so we could give them both a Northie.

They will both be in the new Batman game. Troy Baker is doing the voice of the Joker and Nolan North will be reprising his role of The Penguin as well as Black Mask.

For a second, my mind read that as Troy Baker as the Joker and Nolan North as Harley Quinn.

Posted by Strife777

I can't wait for people to hate on the popular game. I know a lot of it has to do with taste, but god, it's going to be horrible (not the game, the response from these people.) It actually already is.

Edited by gbrading

This is the kind of game that makes me wish I had a PS3.

Posted by Fitzgerald

Darkest Quicklook ever. Couldn't see anything half the time.

Posted by sir_tonk

Ryan, "Do we know what city we're in?"

Patrick, "I think it's Pitsburgh,"

Nice job paying attention, Patrick.

Posted by TwoLines

It does some neat stuff, but I can't really see why the game's great. I probably would have to play it to "get it". But I can't since I don't have a PS3. And I won't have a PS3. So that's that I guess.

Posted by Shaanyboi

Video has awful staggering issues Cant watch.

watch via Youtube or Progressive. Works far better than Streaming

Posted by evanbower

So Naughty Dog was trying to eliminate ludo-narrative dissonance, but Joel can see through walls?

I don't know, guys. I think I'll wait on this one.

Wait... for them to patch out that mechanic? For you to realize what you said was stupid?

Posted by DarkbeatDK
@dberg said:

This game looks stunning, but the gameplay is an overrated snorefest. It's like trying to force something story driven like Heavy Rain into being a combat/stealth game.

I think this signifies the fact that not all games are for everyone and it's why people need to realize that review scores are subjective, since they reflect personal opinions.

For instance I think Skyrim is hot garbage, but everyone else seems to love it.

Posted by RuthLoose

I thought Patrick was leaving or something. Will he hurry up and do it already?

That's later this month.

Posted by mrcraggle

@mrcraggle said:

@mrpandaman said:

@mrcraggle said:

@blacklab said:

This Troy Baker joker is the new Northie.

*pun intended

I suggest that Troy Baker replace Nolan North for the Northies but keep the same name :P

I'm waiting for the buddy-cop game where Troy Baker and Nolan North co-star so we could give them both a Northie.

They will both be in the new Batman game. Troy Baker is doing the voice of the Joker and Nolan North will be reprising his role of The Penguin as well as Black Mask.

For a second, my mind read that as Troy Baker as the Joker and Nolan North as Harley Quinn.

Posted by PillClinton

@chose said:

So it's a zombie game? ...........

Heh, that's what I'm saying too. I mean, I'll definitely be playing this, because it does look great, but really? More zombies? Does your dark, emotional post apocalyptic game really have to be a zombie game in 2013?

Posted by W1ck3d

I'm really tired of edgy post apocalyptic games...

Posted by RobertOrri

This looks pretty good. Too bad I really, really hate these mushroom zombies. Ick!