76 Comments
  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2
Edited by clubsammich

Thank god I finished that quest. Anyway, 3 D won't get me into the Resident Evil series.

Edited by jkz

*Edit* 
 
God damn you people are fast, it didn't take my first few presses of the post button. 
 
Anyways, color me intrigued. I like the tone of the video, but I'm still unsure as to...what it is.

Edited by superjop

got it?
 
EDIT: Damn

Posted by rosebud04

Looks like a PS2 game. wonder if the controls can handle these sorts of games.

Posted by jayjac11

so was that HUNK all tied up in the chair than

Posted by Crono11

Looks interesting. Except Jills face.

Posted by greenblattsam

Was going to ruin it for somebody else but i waited :D I already have it.

Posted by kollay

Yo, this looks great.

Posted by CaptainObvious

BOULDERS

Posted by TheCreamFilling

3DS is looking good.

Posted by FunExplosions
@CaptainObvious said:
" BOULDERS "
I agree. If you can't punch boulders in this, then it's garbage.
Posted by SoothsayerGB

What happened to the graphics?  They looked bad.  
 
Looks cool.

Posted by dezvous

What the hell have they done to this franchise.....

Posted by paulunga

If that's actual in-game graphics that's quite impressive.

Posted by Diamond

If that's legit 3DS will have amazing graphics for a handheld.  Hell, that footage looks better than anything I've seen on Wii...

Posted by BibleDoctor

This intrigues me.

Posted by Chris2KLee

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what happened to the RE: PSP game announced last year.

Posted by ZmillA

I need this.... I need this

Edited by DeathbyYeti

what the hell is going on in this trailer also i fell in love with jill when they remade the first game on gamecube and gave her that cute nose

Posted by Olivaw

Is that in-engine?
 
Fuck me that's gorgeous.

Posted by phantomzxro

I have to say i'm interested and that is some power if that is the 3ds engine at work.
Posted by ch3burashka

Was that Wesker?
 

Posted by AndyAce83

I hope whatever the plot is it's better than Wesker's plot in RE5. And the horrible send off of Ozwell E. Spencer!
 
Yeah, Jill looked strange.

Posted by OllyOxenFree
@SoothsayerGB said:
" What happened to the graphics?  They looked bad.    Looks cool. "
This is for the 3DS, broski.  It's a handheld.  For a handheld this looks good.
Posted by CaptainObvious
@FunExplosions said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
" BOULDERS "
I agree. If you can't punch boulders in this, then it's garbage. "
Just imagine it in 3D! It's like the boulder is coming right at you!
Edited by Melvargh

That looked nothing like Jill. At all.

Resident Evil Jill
Posted by apoptosis61
@dezvous said:
" What the hell have they done to this franchise..... "
agree
Posted by Crono

Very impressed with the 3DS now.

Online
Posted by hagridore

Looks better than most Wii titles.

Posted by Ronald

This game better have a "Come on" button or NO BUY.

Edited by dezvous

  @apoptosis61 said:

" @dezvous said:

" What the hell have they done to this franchise..... "

agree "
Yeah, so do all gamers need fast paced action all the time in order to enjoy themselves? What happened to meticulously crafting pacing and atmosphere? The likes of Silent Hill and the original Resident Evil games. Dead Space is as close as it comes to a proper modern-day survival horror game, DS2 looks fantastic as well.
 
Bring back slow moving zombies and low ammunition. There are other ways to create a sense of dread and suspense than just crazy fast enemies developers! Get creative!
 
Also, Resident Evil is not RE without Umbrella. I mean honestly.
Posted by Castiel

Why does Jill suddenly look so different?

Posted by Crushed

Real zombies, yay.

Posted by bonbolapti

man.. Did I see hunk in there?
 
is he going to be playable?
 
he better be, that dude is awesome

Posted by masterpaperlink

Those graphics are way to good to be true, i expect a 50% decrease in actual visuals during gameplay 

Edited by Treygdor
@dezvous: Do you even read yourself? 
"Do something original!  Go back to how it used to be!" 
QQ 
I have no particular opinion about how much of an action game RE has become or should be, but that sort of fannish BS makes me cringe. 
 
EDIT:  Totally agree about missing Umbrella though.
Posted by Waffles13
@rosebud04 said:
" Looks like a PS2 game. wonder if the controls can handle these sorts of games. "
Can't tell if that's a burn or a compliment. I personally think those are insane for a handheld. Also, the 3DS effectively has the perfect controls for RE4 style gamplay, seeing as the Z button and 2nd analog stick were effectively unused.
 
Also, most nonsensical trailer I've seen, not including Neir.
Posted by metalsnakezero

I do think the 3DS will have great handheld graphics but some of these trailers make it look too good. I'll be really impress once they show real gameplay like they did with Kid Icarus.

Posted by ashogo

There's no way that's in-engine. Must be a cutscene...still looks damn good though.

Posted by Hairydutchman

Jesus christ this looks good.

Posted by limewizard

Jill's just jealous that her last boss wasn't a massive boulder.

Posted by Hyperfludd

Lookin good.

Posted by RVonE

This tells me nothing about the game.
Posted by Crushed
@ashogo said:

" There's no way that's in-engine. Must be a cutscene...still looks damn good though. "

Capcom confirmed it was.
 

=“Following last week’s announcement that Capcom currently has two titles, Resident Evil: Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (tentative title), in development for the Nintendo 3DS the first trailer for Resident Evil: Revelations has just been released and is now available for download from our press extranet. Featuring appearances from Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine the trailer is rendered in real time using the game engine.”


 It's apparently MT Framework.
Edited by dezvous
@Treygdor: @Treygdor said:

" @dezvous: Do you even read yourself? "Do something original!  Go back to how it used to be!" QQ I have no particular opinion about how much of an action game RE has become or should be, but that sort of fannish BS makes me cringe.  EDIT:  Totally agree about missing Umbrella though. "

You can be creative and not be original in a manner of speaking. Like adapting something that is not your idea but doing so in a unique way. That kind of thing would be largely unoriginal but still creative.  
 
I wasn't asking for originality, I was asking for creativity. Give me a game that is fundamentally similar to another game but do it in a creative fashion and I'm in. Case in Point is Dead Space, they have spots of originality but that game is basically the best portions of many different games and references done near perfectly with a layer of creativity surrounding that whole package. That creativity changes anything.
 
Be careful when you loosely quote someone, it's very easy to completely miss their intention. 
 
RE5 and 4 are fantastic games, but terrible RE franchise games. It's like Dino Crisis 3, garbage to the series, a fun game on it's own right (albeit with a bad camera). Branding is everything, simply changing the name would have been enough for most of us RE/DC fans.
Posted by siavm
@dezvous said:
" @Treygdor: @Treygdor said:

" @dezvous: Do you even read yourself? "Do something original!  Go back to how it used to be!" QQ I have no particular opinion about how much of an action game RE has become or should be, but that sort of fannish BS makes me cringe.  EDIT:  Totally agree about missing Umbrella though. "

You can be creative and not be original in a manner of speaking. Like adapting something that is not your idea but doing so in a unique way. That kind of thing would be largely unoriginal but still creative.    I wasn't asking for originality, I was asking for creativity. Give me a game that is fundamentally similar to another game but do it in a creative fashion and I'm in. Case in Point is Dead Space, they have spots of originality but that game is basically the best portions of many different games and references done near perfectly with a layer of creativity surrounding that whole package. That creativity changes anything.  Be careful when you loosely quote someone, it's very easy to completely miss their intention.   RE5 and 4 are fantastic games, but terrible RE franchise games. It's like Dino Crisis 3, garbage to the series, a fun game on it's own right (albeit with a bad camera). Branding is everything, simply changing the name would have been enough for most of us RE/DC fans. "
This is a trailer. For all we know it could play like the first games. Why else would they bring it to a 3d system. They may be trying to scare us in a new way. For shame on you for not having faith in capcom. For shame. 
Posted by Hashbrowns

Man, that guy in the chair sounds like Ray Winstone.
Edited by dezvous
@siavm said:

This is a trailer. For all we know it could play like the first games. Why else would they bring it to a 3d system. They may be trying to scare us in a new way. For shame on you for not having faith in capcom. For shame.  "

For shame? Hahah, what is this? Dude, Resident Evil is so far removed from it's origins it's outrageous. Chris and Jill should never be pointing guns at each other, regardless of mind control or whatever stupid twists they think up. Why should I have faith in Capcom after they've consistently ruined two of my favorite franchises, Dino Crisis and Resident Evil? They need to just stop. Move on already, either that or go back to the roots. A LA STREET FIGHTER 4.
Edited by devotfeige

Jill's character model looks off, in the general facial structure area.
 
...that shouldn't bother me as much as it does.
 
ETA: Also, my bets are on Other Dude being Alex Wesker (mentioned briefly in the Lost in Nightmares DLC as one of only two surviving 'Wesker Children', for those who skipped out on it. Good ol' Albert himself is gone, of course, but why open that can of worms if you aren't going to run with it?). Color me intrigued and cautiously optimistic, considering that there isn't really much room left in the RE fiction for additional goings-ons that haven't been addressed in some fashion already.

Posted by ArcLyte

where do i sign

  • 76 results
  • 1
  • 2