69 Comments
  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by iAmJohn

Wtf.
 
Framerate looks pretty eh.

Posted by raiz265

No diagonal view? 
 
Screw it.

Posted by gzl5000

Whah is this craziness and why would I want to use a touchsceen-only platform for gaming?

Posted by 100eyes

The framerate issue for this game seems quite evident

Posted by Dave_The_Rave

Cool, though I'll be getting the PSN version.

Posted by Rodiard

Holy framerate Batman!

Posted by Legend

"Diagonal is not supported." 
LMAO!

Posted by Milkman

Framerate looks BAAAADD

Posted by louiedog

Point and click adventures are one of the few types of games that I'd like to sit on the couch and play with an iPad. However, I don't want to control Sam via a virtual joystick. The first Sam & Max they did had bad XBLA control because it used the joystick as a cursor instead of direct control. I hope you can still play this season that way, because direct control seems like the wrong way to do it on this platform. Of course that assumes you can get past the crappy framerate everyone who has tried this complains about. I'm sure the Monkey Island remakes will be much better on this device.

Posted by Jacob816

The announcer is the dullest person in the world.

Posted by CaptainFish

It's weird that they didn't stick with the point and click. A lot of telltale games have been using more direct control, it allows them to do more dramatic scene work. The main thing being you don't always have to be in a overhead isometric view (or similar) where you can see the floor in each area. Both Wallace & Gromit and Tales of Monkey Island used a more direct control. There are a lot of places in those games where a point and click interface wouldn't work, it's designed pretty fundamentally differently. I'm guessing that is the case with this game. It looks like this doesn't have the greatest frame rate, like Norm said, I'm still hyped for the pc version though!

Posted by CHIEFMEGADETH666

I dont get it 64gig is the best the Ipad can do????
That is a joke...Now that you got to download hd version of the iphone games and movies
upping the down loads by pretty high...Doesn't leave much room for anything?
$1016Au for 64 gig WTF? is that a joke?
I cant wait to somebody else does there own version of ipad and puts a killer harddrive in it forcing Apple to do the same...greedy cunts

Posted by Griddler

Framerate is shocking, beyond that, the iPad is pointless

Posted by clush

I'd tap that...

Posted by captain_clayman

do we really care about framerate in an adventure game?

Posted by TzarStefan
@clush: @clush said:
" I'd tap that... "
I lol'd
Posted by ma_rc_01

More like lamerate amirite!
 
I really like Sam and Max but I'll skip this one and go with ps3 or pc instead, not that I have an ipad or anything.

Posted by Mizuchi

max- the rabbit thing, has crazy psychic powers.

Edited by Rallier

Is that Destructoid quote at the end  sarcastic?

Posted by Mongrole

I already have one of these and it fits in my pocket.

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

Diagonal or bust!

Posted by benitobb

When i was watching this I had music playing and i thought Sam said that max "embraces homos".  I had to turn the music off and listen again, but sadly it said hobos.
Posted by PandaShake
@captain_clayman: 
framerate is important in any game. Especially since it's an adventure game with abundance of exploring, you wouldn't want to explore with flip-book like animation. It ruins the experience.
Posted by s10129107

Why is this lameass announcer guy taking over all our game trailers.  i lose a piece of my soul every time i hear him.

Posted by Brunchies

The framerate doesn't bother me, its not like a fps where a good framerate is needed.

Posted by captain_clayman
@PandaShake said:
" @captain_clayman:  framerate is important in any game. Especially since it's an adventure game with abundance of exploring, you wouldn't want to explore with flip-book like animation. It ruins the experience. "
yeah well
i'm not buying an ipad anyways.  i'm gonna play this on my mac or my PS3
Posted by Daryl

oooo compressed fmv cutscenes

Posted by SoothsayerGB

He said "The Penis Zone" 6 times.  
 
The game doesn't look interesting to me at all.  Looks pretty gay. 

Posted by Skald
@Rallier said:
" Is that Destructoid quote at the end  sarcastic? "
As usual, I have no idea.
Posted by thealexray
@CaptainFish said:
" It's weird that they didn't stick with the point and click. A lot of telltale games have been using more direct control, it allows them to do more dramatic scene work. The main thing being you don't always have to be in a overhead isometric view (or similar) where you can see the floor in each area. Both Wallace & Gromit and Tales of Monkey Island used a more direct control. There are a lot of places in those games where a point and click interface wouldn't work, it's designed pretty fundamentally differently. I'm guessing that is the case with this game. It looks like this doesn't have the greatest frame rate, like Norm said, I'm still hyped for the pc version though! "
I for one blame "Video Games" Rodkin.
Posted by Silverbrand
@SoothsayerGB said:
" He said "The Penis Zone" 6 times.    The game doesn't look interesting to me at all.  Looks pretty gay.  "

Penis, Penis, Penis, Penis, Penis, Penis.
 
Pretty Gay.
 
Projecting, yo.
Edited by Cazamalos

i get it! they're in the penal zone because somebody stole the framerate!.....
 
ps: crappy framerate + totally voice acted game = odd experience , i mean it i already played some SAM & MAX with an old pc

Posted by neoepoch

Well....F the iPad, but Hooray for Sam and Max.

Posted by DocColossus

if you can afford the iPad, you can also afford to play bad games on it.

Posted by MisterMouse
@Mongrole said:
" I already have one of these and it fits in my pocket. "
Its not the same when you actually get your hands on the device. 
 
That is cool what they are doing here, and sounds like they have chosen a good platform to do it on.
Edited by Addfwyn

Looks like the iPad's larger screen really will give it more options for games over it's smaller brothers.  Quite interested in getting one (not simply for gaming of course) when it arrives here at the end of the month.

Posted by Willy105
@DocColossus said:
" if you can afford the iPad, you can also afford to play bad games on it. "
Is it bad?
Posted by MisterChief
@benitobb said:
" When i was watching this I had music playing and i thought Sam said that max "embraces homos".  I had to turn the music off and listen again, but sadly it said hobos. "
So did I. Probably not the best joke to have in the the trailer.
Edited by MrKlorox

That's so lame that when they finally have an interface that embraces their original GUI and control style perfectly, they remap the shitty console controls instead.
 
My new top "trends that need to stop in videogames" thing would have to be the remapping of controller joysticks and buttons to touch interfaces. Well, unless there is NO other option. 
 
Point and click adventure games do not need a virtual joystick, I don't care how far in the future we are.

Posted by 88Fingers

 UH HU HU HU
 UH HU HU HU
 UH HU HU HU
 
he said  penal....
 

Posted by Brackynews

Are we prepared for a Virtual Joystick concept page? Has it come to this?

Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God

taking their ad narrator cues from Alan Wake i see

Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God

dont turn the ipad diagonally, or else the ipad police will get you

Posted by JoelTGM

Looks good on the iPad. 

Posted by geirr

We should all embrace homos sometimes, Max.

Posted by Egge

I dunno, frame rate looks a bit iffy. Also, I really thought he said the Penile Zone...

Posted by Ben99

touch screen is lame as hell . it needs tenderness

Edited by buckybit
@Egge said:
"Also, I really thought he said the Penile Zone... "

 @88Fingers said:

"  UH HU HU HU  UH HU HU HU  UH HU HU HU  he said  penal....  "

well it's called "fingergaming" for a reason ;)
Posted by nanikore

THE PENILE ZONE

Posted by Murdouken

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap penal tap tap.

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2