39 Comments
Posted by dbz1995

I'm interested by this game. However, I always think this has something to do with Silent Hill.

Posted by sandwich_adjustment

this game feels a bit like descent..and not really original as media seems to claim

Posted by august

Wish I had the machine for this.

Posted by ThatFrood

Yaaaaaaay! I'm glad they're expanding on it! It's reeeeally fun and has very tight combat... I WANT MORE.

Posted by Ubiquitous

This really is a pretty great game,it just needed more maps. It's awsome that they are supporting it like this. Maybe in the future they will add more weapons, that would also benefit the game greatly IMO.

Posted by Dyram

This is a great game. It's too bad the population numbers can be so low. More people need to play this!
Posted by JoelTGM

Awesome, but my computer can only run it at like 40 fps, sometimes lower.

Posted by Milkman

I really love this game's style.

Posted by Griddler
@dbz1995 said:
" I'm interested by this game. However, I always think this has something to do with Silent Hill. "
'Shattered Hill: Silent Memories'?
Posted by Griddler
@DOUBLESHOCK: Oh well, could be worse, most console games run at lower than that.
Posted by Alphawolfy

I would check this game out if my computer could run it.

Posted by crusader8463

I loved this game, just sad that no one ever played it.

Posted by GunnBjorn

A little insight into future space exploration...?
Posted by erik_wolff

Anyplace to get a demo of this game?

Posted by Clinkz

Space!

Posted by MarkWahlberg

Wait. Is this out already? How could I have missed the release of something  this awesome?

Posted by Crono

I was really curious about this game but 3 things held me back on buying it:
 
1.  Unsure if my computer would run it smoothly.  I do have Dx10 but it is still a lower-end pc.
2.  New and untested studio.  I know there are many first time studios that make great games, but there are just as many (if not more) that make crap.
3.  Unsure of how many people would be playing the game to keep it alive.
 
If there were a demo, I think that would really help me with my decision making process.

Posted by MikeLemmer

@Mark: Yes, it is. Probably because it was only released on Steam with little fanfare. Personally, I thought it looked interesting; then the preview of the Silent Running feature bumped it up to Amazing. What can I say? I'm a sucker for well-implemented strategic trade-offs.

Posted by paulosaurus

Yay!  More maps for one of my favorite tiny-population multiplayer fps games!  In case you were wondering, the other game is GoldenEye: Source.

Posted by TheIneffableBob
@Crono said:
" I was really curious about this game but 3 things held me back on buying it: 1.  Unsure if my computer would run it smoothly.  I do have Dx10 but it is still a lower-end pc. 2.  New and untested studio.  I know there are many first time studios that make great games, but there are just as many (if not more) that make crap.3.  Unsure of how many people would be playing the game to keep it alive.  If there were a demo, I think that would really help me with my decision making process. "
There was a demo. Free weekend which let all Steam users play the entire game for free.
Edited by Blackout62

Why aren't you using SPACE JUMP!

Posted by Crono
@TheIneffableBob said:
" @Crono said:
" I was really curious about this game but 3 things held me back on buying it: 1.  Unsure if my computer would run it smoothly.  I do have Dx10 but it is still a lower-end pc. 2.  New and untested studio.  I know there are many first time studios that make great games, but there are just as many (if not more) that make crap.3.  Unsure of how many people would be playing the game to keep it alive.  If there were a demo, I think that would really help me with my decision making process. "
There was a demo. Free weekend which let all Steam users play the entire game for free. "
Too bad that is all in past tense.
Posted by mikeeegeee

So there are no user crated maps? I have to say, fresh after reading Ender's game, watching this trailer reminded me of the battle room all over again. Is there a mod to make the guns freeze body parts rather than kill?
 
Also, I read some bad previews/reviews on this. But it just seems so undeniably cool. Wish I had a PC to run it.

Posted by Mystech

I bought this game on steam for 5 bucks when it was on sale, and only played it once because it made me so dizzy!

Posted by killawogg

after you get used to the controls for the game its pretty awesome,  i love the concept of the zero g and it adds more depth to an fps shooter 

Posted by Jackel2072

i buy this if my computer could run it. I really need a new PC =(

Posted by Kwanzaa_Snider

This game could really use a Quick Look. It can be a lot of fun, but the servers are always empty. Come on, it $20 brand new on Steam! Give it a chance.

Posted by raikoh05
@Kwanzaa_Snider: word
Posted by yorro

Judging by the fact that many people never new this game came out and the population of the multiplayer, I say that they have poor marketing.

Posted by SunKing

What a crap trailer. It literally only showed around three seconds of gameplay footage. I actually had to go to YouTube to find out what the game was about.

Posted by phil44

@SunKing: Keep in mind this is more of a trailer to show off the new free maps which have just been released, for gameplay just look up their release trailers.

Posted by Forcen
Posted by PJ
@yorro said:
" Judging by the fact that many people never new this game came out and the population of the multiplayer, I say that they have poor marketing. "
Considering Futuremark isn't a big company that can spend millions on marketing might be a reason. Futuremark was split of from Remedy(Max Payne, Alan Wake) back when they were making 3DMARK. And Remedy is a really tiny company(~70 employees) so you might get a picture of how small Futuremark is.
Posted by PJ
@mikeeegeee said:
" So there are no user crated maps? I have to say, fresh after reading Ender's game, watching this trailer reminded me of the battle room all over again. Is there a mod to make the guns freeze body parts rather than kill?  Also, I read some bad previews/reviews on this. But it just seems so undeniably cool. Wish I had a PC to run it. "
As you can see from the game it is a fully 3D space where you can fight so making a map for this game is a bit more complicated then a normal FPS. And the game looks insanely good so a user created map wouldn't look so great in comparison.
Posted by MeatSim

Guns in space.

Posted by brechtos

great game and the mappack looks awesome.
Posted by SunKing
@Forcen: Cheers. I'll definately be taking a look when I get the chance.
 
I guess what annoyed me about the trailer was that I don't think it was doing the game justice or selling it that well. Trailers are supposed to give you some idea of what the thing's about, how it plays, etc. I came out at the end still with no real idea of what it was.
 
If it's supposed to be a teaser then you can just ignore all of what I've said.
Posted by MordeaniisChaos
@phil44 said:
" @SunKing: Keep in mind this is more of a trailer to show off the new free maps which have just been released, for gameplay just look up their release trailers. "
yeah, no offense SunKing but a bit of an ignorant comment.
 
I love the complexity to the levels. Wish my rig could play this though >.< Looks really cool, and I dig the design. Seems like 1v1 trying to be uber stealthy in a game like this would be awesome. But then I have weird tastes =p
Posted by Deusoma
@SunKing: Game came out in November. I'm with you, they really should have included some footage of the actual game in what they were so proud to label "in-game footage".