Avatar image for gahzoo
Edited By Gahzoo
@Echo said:

" 0:16: Lupin?! "

Noticed this myself aswell
 
 

Freaking awesome opening
Avatar image for nettacki
Posted By Nettacki
@MormonWarrior said:
" ......what? Why? Why is Moses in this? "
Rule of Symbolism. That's why.
Avatar image for meatsim
Posted By MeatSim

Moses, Godzilla, and Professor Layton all in the same video. 

Avatar image for geirr
Posted By geirr

I'll be all over Catherine if it ever gets a NA/EU release.

Avatar image for mormonwarrior
Posted By MormonWarrior

......what? Why? Why is Moses in this?

Avatar image for mutha3
Posted By mutha3
@Rothbart said:

" @mutha3 said:

"   @Rothbart said:
" @ChrisTaran said:
" @Bummey said:
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
It was just a fun cameo to introduce the character to fans. It does not mean that Catherine takes place in the same world. "
In previous SMT games cameos have always had some importance, and have verified which games belong to which realities. The fact that Vincent is in P3P is as important as Charlie and the gang visiting Tatsumi Port Island in P4, continuity wise. "
SMT cameos have literally never been important and completetly fall apart consistency-wise the second you start thinking about them. They have always been throwaway nonsense with exception of P1-P2. Actually, I can already prove that referencing to Vincent in P3P is a load of bull: In P3P Vincent shows up around November and stays there to talk about the concept of the game Catherine for 2 months. In Club Escapede he refers to his dreams and such as if it is actively happening to him.Catherine starts on April 1st. It presumably lasts 9 or 10 days if we go by the amount of nightmares Vincent will have. So unless Vinny can travel between time for the lulz and hang out at a bar in a completely different city every night and turn 9-10 days into 2 months, the cameo in P3P doesn't make logical sense anyway. Also, mind explaing to me since when does Japan have a desert? The world we have seen from screen shots and trailer thus far, is not a japanese one. The Golden Theather itself is a  parody on a show that used to feature american films. "
As mentioned before, the events of Catherine don't have to be happening at the same time as the events of Persona 3. They could easily be months, if not a few years away, making Vincent's presence at Escapade totally acceptable. And what he says about the dreams and stuff? Could just be foreshadowing, but I haven't played Catherine yet. Could just be that he's been having problems for a while, poor guy.
 
 Actually, they have to take place at the same time for it work. In P3P Vincent speaks of the events as if they are happening to him as you're talking with him throughout those two months. He starts off by describing that he cheated on his girlfriend and feels guilty about it, and then keeps you updated with news as november/december pass in P3P. News like "OH SHIT SHE'S PREGNANT" and "OH SHIT I HAD THOSE DREAMS AGAIN SINCE WE TALKED".
 
They can make it work if they take Fluxwaves idea, I guess.   


  And really, they don't all fall apart consistency wise. Charlie and the gang visited Tastumi Port Island and Gekkoukan High without continuity collapsing on itself, didn't they? "  


 
That is the only one that makes sense that I can think of discounting P1/P2. Katsura appearing on tv in P3 for instance, ignoring for a second that Toriumi actually referenced Persona 2 as a actual fictious game, shouldn't work because the concept of "Persona" from P2 to P3 are nothing alike at all. 
 
Things like shadows and how the personas really worked, the entire wildcard concept, would contradict what P1/2's universe was all about.
Avatar image for tesla
Posted By Tesla

I could watch Catherine's opening over and over.

Avatar image for rothbart
Posted By Rothbart
@mutha3 said:
"   @Rothbart said:
" @ChrisTaran said:
" @Bummey said:
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
It was just a fun cameo to introduce the character to fans. It does not mean that Catherine takes place in the same world. "
In previous SMT games cameos have always had some importance, and have verified which games belong to which realities. The fact that Vincent is in P3P is as important as Charlie and the gang visiting Tatsumi Port Island in P4, continuity wise. "
SMT cameos have literally never been important and completetly fall apart consistency-wise the second you start thinking about them. They have always been throwaway nonsense with exception of P1-P2. Actually, I can already prove that referencing to Vincent in P3P is a load of bull: In P3P Vincent shows up around November and stays there to talk about the concept of the game Catherine for 2 months. In Club Escapede he refers to his dreams and such as if it is actively happening to him.Catherine starts on April 1st. It presumably lasts 9 or 10 days if we go by the amount of nightmares Vincent will have. So unless Vinny can travel between time for the lulz and hang out at a bar in a completely different city every night and turn 9-10 days into 2 months, the cameo in P3P doesn't make logical sense anyway. Also, mind explaing to me since when does Japan have a desert? The world we have seen from screen shots and trailer thus far, is not a japanese one. The Golden Theather itself is a  parody on a show that used to feature american films. "
As mentioned before, the events of Catherine don't have to be happening at the same time as the events of Persona 3. They could easily be months, if not a few years away, making Vincent's presence at Escapade totally acceptable. And what he says about the dreams and stuff? Could just be foreshadowing, but I haven't played Catherine yet. Could just be that he's been having problems for a while, poor guy. 
 
And really, they don't all fall apart consistency wise. Charlie and the gang visited Tastumi Port Island and Gekkoukan High without continuity collapsing on itself, didn't they?
Avatar image for mutha3
Posted By mutha3
@FluxWaveZ said:

  1. The main character Vincent could just be portrayed by a Japanese actor as an American guy if the game takes place in a movie like I think it does
Wow. Never thought about that! I really hope they do this.
 
Then after the credits you'd get a cutscene which shows japanese dude rubbing his eyes, thinking about his ow nightmares and being approached by someone(the MC of P3).
Avatar image for mutha3
Edited By mutha3

  @Rothbart said:

" @ChrisTaran said:
" @Bummey said:
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
It was just a fun cameo to introduce the character to fans. It does not mean that Catherine takes place in the same world. "
In previous SMT games cameos have always had some importance, and have verified which games belong to which realities. The fact that Vincent is in P3P is as important as Charlie and the gang visiting Tatsumi Port Island in P4, continuity wise. "

SMT cameos have literally never been important and completetly fall apart consistency-wise the second you start thinking about them. They have always been throwaway nonsense with exception of P1-P2.
 
Actually, I can already prove that referencing to Vincent in P3P is a load of bull:
 
In P3P Vincent shows up around November and stays there to talk about the concept of the game Catherine for 2 months. In Club Escapede he refers to his dreams and such as if it is actively happening to him.

Catherine starts on April 1st. It presumably lasts 9 or 10 days if we go by the amount of nightmares Vincent will have. So unless Vinny can travel between time for the lulz and hang out at a bar in a completely different city every night and turn 9-10 days into 2 months, the cameo in P3P doesn't make logical sense anyway.
 
Also, mind explaing to me since when does Japan have a desert? The world we have seen from screen shots and trailer thus far, is not a japanese one. The Golden Theather itself is a  parody on a show that used to feature american films.
Avatar image for zyn
Posted By zyn

Intro of the Year 20XX

Avatar image for drumpsycho89
Posted By drumpsycho89

this is just genius!! really well done!

Avatar image for endaround
Posted By endaround
@Echo: Not quite sure but it does sound like a Lupin sound cue doesn't it?
Avatar image for swarm
Posted By Echo
Avatar image for rothbart
Posted By Rothbart
@ChrisTaran said:
" @Bummey said:
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
It was just a fun cameo to introduce the character to fans. It does not mean that Catherine takes place in the same world. "
In previous SMT games cameos have always had some importance, and have verified which games belong to which realities. The fact that Vincent is in P3P is as important as Charlie and the gang visiting Tatsumi Port Island in P4, continuity wise.
Avatar image for rvone
Posted By RVonE

Love it!
Avatar image for deadmonkeys
Posted By DeadMonkeys

Wasn't this clip already in the Quicklook?

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
Posted By LegendaryChopChop

Almost makes me forgive the atrocious gameplay. ALMOST.

Avatar image for christaran
Posted By ChrisTaran
@Bummey said:
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
It was just a fun cameo to introduce the character to fans. It does not mean that Catherine takes place in the same world.
Avatar image for fluxwavez
Posted By FluxWaveZ
@Bummey said:
" Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3.  "
  1. He could have moved.
  2. The main character Vincent could just be portrayed by a Japanese actor as an American guy if the game takes place in a movie like I think it does.
  3. He could have just been visiting that night club routinely when he had gone on some kind of trip.
 
There is too much evidence pointing to the game not taking place in Japan.
Avatar image for bummey
Posted By Bummey
@dungbootle said:
" @FluxWaveZ said: 
Golden Western Theater, a Japanese TV show in the '70s and '80s that mostly showcased mostly American movies. "
This might be way out there, but that could be a sign that this game takes place outside of Japan. Like they are "presenting" a western story to Japanese players. "
 
Doubtful, since the main character is the dude from the night club in Persona 3. 
Avatar image for fluxwavez
Posted By FluxWaveZ
@dungbootle said:
" This might be way out there, but that could be a sign that this game takes place outside of Japan. Like they are "presenting" a western story to Japanese players. "
Check this thread. The general consensus is that the game takes place outside of Japan.
Avatar image for dungbootle
Posted By dungbootle
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @G3RHRT said:
" And what is this? "
Golden Western Theater, a Japanese TV show in the '70s and '80s that mostly showcased mostly American movies. "
This might be way out there, but that could be a sign that this game takes place outside of Japan. Like they are "presenting" a western story to Japanese players.
Avatar image for advertisement
Posted By Advertisement
@ROFLknife: I'm just all over Catherine
Avatar image for dizzyhippos
Posted By Dizzyhippos

Apparently the opening is a reference to some old Japanese weekly movie show

Avatar image for amandackrueger
Posted By amandackrueger
@ROFLknife said:
" I'm all over Catherine's opening. "
BOOM?
Avatar image for roflknife
Posted By ROFLknife

I'm all over Catherine's opening.

Avatar image for bbqbram
Posted By BBQBram

Layton's down for some adult-rated material.

Avatar image for buckybit
Posted By buckybit

Man, the GB forums and comment sections will be filled with "Endurance Run" demands for MONTHS, when they ship this in Japan?! 
 
  あなたは私たちにそれを見せてくださいできますか?

Avatar image for vexxan
Posted By Vexxan

I am confused.

Avatar image for wrathofconn
Posted By wrathofconn
@FluxWaveZ: Well that looks pretty dope as well.
Avatar image for kjellm87
Posted By Kjellm87

  I'm amazed and confused

Avatar image for baggykins
Posted By baggykins

Mr. Cameraman Layton, solves movie-related riddles

Avatar image for metalsnakezero
Posted By metalsnakezero
@Flappy said:

" I loooove me some Atlus products. "

This also could be part on STUDIO4°C side as well. Either way its all good.
Avatar image for fluxwavez
Posted By FluxWaveZ
@G3RHRT said:
" And what is this? "
Golden Western Theater, a Japanese TV show in the '70s and '80s that mostly showcased mostly American movies.
Avatar image for dboy
Posted By DBoy

Some stuff reminds me of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper days.

Avatar image for gerhabio
Posted By Gerhabio
@FluxWaveZ said:
"   
   This is what it's based on, by the way. "
And what is this?
Avatar image for flappy
Posted By Flappy

I loooove me some Atlus products.

Avatar image for jayross
Posted By Jayross

No sxe?

Avatar image for xpgamer7
Posted By Xpgamer7

Looks like it's a chinese theater opening video.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
Posted By FluxWaveZ

  

   
This is what it's based on, by the way.
Avatar image for ch3burashka
Posted By ch3burashka

Sick shit; I love the palette choice, a lot of soft colors. Reminds me of hella indie movie theater intros. Not that I've seen a bunch, but that's the feeling I get.

Avatar image for vager
Posted By vager

One of the most random openings of all time.

Avatar image for ctrl
Posted By Ctrl

 seams like a psycadelic game

Avatar image for misterdunlap
Posted By MisterDunlap

Hooray for really strange games!!

Avatar image for comradekhan
Edited By ComradeKhan

Oh yea. Sexy time 
 
Edit: Hmmmm not as sexy as I was hoping... I'm gonna go hit the showers now

Avatar image for juno500
Posted By Juno500

cool