61 Comments
  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by xxizzypop

I had a friend talking about this earlier, so psyched for absolution.

Edited by DjDonFrancisco

I'm going to wait because I already have this quest. Also, yay hitman. I played the life out of Blood Money.

Posted by Nightfang

Looks kinda like Arkham Asylum/City.

Posted by b00tableByte

So much love for the hitman series!

Posted by Origina1Penguin

I literally just watched this:

Posted by Hauv

This looks awesome

Posted by benpicko

Damn me for pausing on the homepage for a few seconds!

Edited by themangalist

I hope this is only the tutorial mission. Agent 47 is awesome not because he dual wielded silver ballers, it's because he never HAD to.

Posted by Pop

just realized I'm kind of hyped for this.

Edited by BatmanBatman

stream not found !!??

it's working nevermind!

Posted by squirrelnacho

I hope its not linear and they didnt remove the open levels with multiple ways to move around areas and accomplish things.

Posted by dragonzord

Graphically speaking, the game's fucking beautiful. Doesn't look very Hitman-y though

Edited by PhatSeeJay

The first ten minutes of the 16 minute gameplay video felt like so many other games it wasn't even funny. But when he pulled on the police uniform... Yes. I'm feeling it.

Posted by Ninja_Welshman

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

Posted by Subjugation

I literally just watched this in a forum thread.

Posted by snazzle

I'm so excited it's not even funny. I've always loved the series, always.

Posted by RampageAssassin

Pure awesome ! The music fits the whole scene too so I hope they keep it in. Makes me wonder why IO did another Kane and Lynch game instead of getting this out earlier.

Posted by AndrewB

I have faith this will turn out to be another awesome Hitman game. This action-y sequence without a target to kill looks like it's just the opening sequence.

Posted by Clippjoint

cant wait :)

Posted by AxleBro

oh my goodness

Posted by Grimmy616

Ye machinima has the entire demo on their youtube channel.

Posted by kalmis

I hope Jesper Kyd does the soundtrack

Posted by ZeroCast

About time Hitman is back huh?
 
I am glad to see this. The footage left me with more to look forward too and I think IO is trying to adapt itself to new and old gameplay mechanics. I liked how the environments in the level change as 47 goes through each area, quite different than the old games where some maps seemed closed on themselves.
 
Here's hoping for another great Hitman experience.

Posted by Nilene

HItman is so hot.

Posted by DeF
@zoner said:

Graphically speaking, the game's fucking beautiful. Doesn't look very Hitman-y though

I just played Hitman 1 and 2 a few weeks ago and this video right here looks very Hitman-y to me.
Posted by crusader8463

Silly Eidos. How do you expect your game to sell if you don't make it a COD clone?

Posted by Nights

@squirrelnacho said:

I hope its not linear and they didnt remove the open levels with multiple ways to move around areas and accomplish things.

This.

Like others have stated, hopefully this is just an introductory set piece. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Thankfully, you can turn off the new "instinct vision." I didn't care for it in Conviction (to be honest, I didn't even play that game beyond the demo) and certainly don't need it in Hitman. Hopefully "hardcore" mode also disables the threat indicators and what not. All of that fluff kills the immersion for me. Humans have a brain and eyes for a reason.

We'll see, after the abomination that was Splinter Cell: Conviction (completely different developers, I know) I'll have to play it for myself to see if they've done the Hitman series justice. All of that aside, graphically the game looks fucking ace.

Posted by kennybaese

This definitely seems rad. I've never played a Hitman game, but I might have to give this one a try.

Posted by AndrewB

@kalmis said:

I hope Jesper Kyd does the soundtrack

He's not. The music from the gameplay trailer here was really good, but it's definitely missing the Jesper Kyd style.

Posted by karatetron

Looks kinda like Batman: AA. That said, I couldn't be more excited.

Posted by mbr2

Holy shit the full video of this is bombastic.

Posted by SpikeSpiegel88

Im gonna go ahead and post what I wrote on kotaku:

So many haters.

I for one thought it looked great. The guy playing obviously knew one very clear way of getting trough it, and im sure as with all the old games there were several alternative ways of completing it. Cool the hell down people. Same sorta stuff we are getting on the Max Payne 3 boards and as it turned out(which it will most likely here as well) the things people complain about are non-issues.

promotional gameplay=promotional..

Posted by Melos

I'm satisfied with what the music in this game is considering Jesper Kyd wasn't involved, but that Hitman voice is hard to accept. I know he doesn't say much (and rightly so - the character should be socially detached), so all things considered, I guess it's not THAT big of a deal. But I'd always heard that David Bateson was also the template for 47's face, and it's not like Bateson wasn't ready and willing for another Hitman, according to what I've read. So, they might as well get rid of 47's barcode tattoo if they're going to avoid iconic elements of the game. Why even call this game Hitman if I'm supposed to kill people for any reason other than money? Yes, the game looks fun enough that I'll play it, but this is not the Hitman experience that I've been looking forward to for so long, and that is vehemently frustrating.

Posted by orderseeker

I want to play this game so bad I'm hyperventilating! I can't wait! I'm gonna start playing all of my other Hitman games, hopefully they'll hold me over till this one comes out!

Posted by avantegardener

I will be watching this space.

Posted by MeatSim

If only someone told the cops for once that 47 has a bar code on the back of his head.

Posted by tme

I think this is just the "Death of a Showman" type tutorial-level ála Blood Money. I have high hopes, love the Hitman games.

Posted by RadioactiveGazz

Looked crazy good, but a bit scripted. I mean, there are so many things I would have NOT done that were done here because any reasonable person would look for another way to sneak around or something. Is there a way to not be spotted by the heli for example? This looks amazing, but I really want another hitman game. Games like this are ok though.

Posted by HerbieBug
@HumanoidTyphoon said:

@squirrelnacho said:

I hope its not linear and they didnt remove the open levels with multiple ways to move around areas and accomplish things.

This.

Like others have stated, hopefully this is just an introductory set piece. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Thankfully, you can turn off the new "instinct vision." I didn't care for it in Conviction (to be honest, I didn't even play that game beyond the demo) and certainly don't need it in Hitman. Hopefully "hardcore" mode also disables the threat indicators and what not. All of that fluff kills the immersion for me. Humans have a brain and eyes for a reason.

We'll see, after the abomination that was Splinter Cell: Conviction (completely different developers, I know) I'll have to play it for myself to see if they've done the Hitman series justice. All of that aside, graphically the game looks fucking ace.

I'm not too worried about it.  The youtube walkthrough of this area smacks of something developers put together specifically for marketing reasons.  It looks very much like a tutorial level.  47 mantling up on ledges and shimmying around them worries me (47 doesn't climb goddamnit), as does the Batman vision, but if you're saying IO is cognizant enough of their hardcore audience to let you turn that off, I think the game is in good hands. 
Posted by tobygw

This isn't Eidos Montrealis it? I feel like either way they will incorporate some mechanics they used in Deus Ex HR.

Posted by gamb1t

oh hitman how you have been missed

Posted by Figyg

How can you not be excited for a Hitman game. These games are SO much fun. I'd rather use some creativity over what Assassins Creed offers

Posted by Imensae

Anyone else getting an Arkham Asylum vibe?

Posted by squirrelnacho

@HerbieBug said:

@HumanoidTyphoon said:

@squirrelnacho said:

I hope its not linear and they didnt remove the open levels with multiple ways to move around areas and accomplish things.

This.

Like others have stated, hopefully this is just an introductory set piece. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Thankfully, you can turn off the new "instinct vision." I didn't care for it in Conviction (to be honest, I didn't even play that game beyond the demo) and certainly don't need it in Hitman. Hopefully "hardcore" mode also disables the threat indicators and what not. All of that fluff kills the immersion for me. Humans have a brain and eyes for a reason.

We'll see, after the abomination that was Splinter Cell: Conviction (completely different developers, I know) I'll have to play it for myself to see if they've done the Hitman series justice. All of that aside, graphically the game looks fucking ace.

I'm not too worried about it. The youtube walkthrough of this area smacks of something developers put together specifically for marketing reasons. It looks very much like a tutorial level. 47 mantling up on ledges and shimmying around them worries me (47 doesn't climb goddamnit), as does the Batman vision, but if you're saying IO is cognizant enough of their hardcore audience to let you turn that off, I think the game is in good hands.

Actually in Blood Money he could climb on ledges and he did do a fair bit of climbing as far back as the second game. I don't think climbing would be an issue as long as its used to make sure the levels are very wide open?

Posted by avidwriter

Seems true stealth games are going the way of the dodo birds. It makes sense with like 99% of the younguns with ADD now a days.

Posted by Sweep

Why do those British Police officers talk with american accents?
That makes me unhappy.

Moderator
Posted by dudeglove

Sigh.

Posted by Eyz

FINALLY!!

Looking great! :D

Posted by kpaadet

@Sweep: I thought it took place in Chicago.

Posted by Will_M

Pro tip: Dont trust bald people.

  • 61 results
  • 1
  • 2