47 Comments
Posted by Cincaid

Me wants!

Posted by blaakmawf

Man, I love me some Zelda.

Posted by Scooper

Graphically it looks really awesome. Full of that Zelda charm. Yet I have no wish to play it.

Edited by AvengerNinja

Yet another DS Zelda game... 
When is the Wii going to get it's well share of Zelda games? 
So far only one Zelda game on it isn't enough for me! 
Anyway, this game looks very good and promising and it should be a tasty meal for hungry Zelda fans!
Posted by Kohe321

Looks awesome!

Posted by Milkman

Looks hella Zelda.

Online
Posted by Majkiboy

gonne gets me some trains

Posted by RipAndTear

All aboard the coal train, baby!

Posted by Binman88

Awesome, can't wait to play it.

Posted by Melvargh

That song is awesome.

Posted by nrain

this may be my first DS purchase in a long time, I should also pick up the new mario rpg.
Posted by Strongbadman47

Drop a train on em.

Posted by RLLink

Can't wait for this.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

Looks pretty cool, too bad I don't have a DS :( (May change at Christmas...)

Posted by Linkyshinks

Yea I'm looking forward to playing this on my DSi, I think the slightly larger screens will help with the touch controls a little. I kept having to drag back on the stylus a little bit too much for my liking with the first game.

Posted by Al3xand3r

Everything will be bigger in size as the resolution will remain the same so you won't have extra view space or anything. That means you'll probably have to drag the same times, over a longer distance since it's larger.

Posted by MushroomSamba

Looks a lot cooler than I originally gave it credit for when it was first announced. My interest is officially piqued.

Posted by MagikGimp

As always with every Zelda game, superb music; loving the Latin rhythms.

Posted by Willy105

If this wasn't the sequel to Phantom Hourglass (the worst Nintendo Zelda ever), this would be my dream Zelda game.
 
TRAINS + WIND WAKER = AAAA MEGATON
 
But alas, I am wary.

Posted by captain_clayman

this looks so good, but WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can't i control link with the D-pad?

Edited by Linkyshinks
@Al3xand3r said:

" Everything will be bigger in size as the resolution will remain the same so you won't have extra view space or anything. That means you'll probably have to drag the same times, over a longer distance since it's larger. "

 
I can only assume you are replying to my comment since it's straight after mine. I'm fully aware of the obvious as well as what improvements having a larger screen will have. I have a DS and the first game. 
Posted by RenegadeSaint
The music in this trailer is fantastic.  It this game is even close in quality to Phantom Hourglass, then it will be another superb adventure.  

@Willy105 said:
" If this wasn't the sequel to Phantom Hourglass (the worst Nintendo Zelda ever), this would be my dream Zelda game.  TRAINS + WIND WAKER = AAAA MEGATON  But alas, I am wary. "
Did you actually play through Phantom Hourglass or do you just like to be that guy who hates things that are popular, even when they're objectively good? 
Posted by Vgsounds

Too bad I sold my ds and will just emulate it when I get a new pc lol.

Edited by PJ

I heard that Link uses puppys as fuel for his train. So if you buy this game you support the killing of inocent puppys.
 
Also, whats whit Nintendo and retarded princesses that need to be rescued all the fucking time?

Posted by ChrisTilton

I hate how the trailer just fades away at the end, as if it is saying "oh, umm..... nevermind."

Posted by RobotHamster

Probably the last game im going to get for the year

Posted by George_Hukas

I don't think I'll ever get over the goofy ass Phantom Hourglass style graphics and the lack of d-pad control support is killing me inside- but I am still going to buy this game.. goddamn you, Zelda.

Posted by MeatSim

What did that giant spider think he was going to accomplish by getting front of a moving train?

Posted by Willy105
@RenegadeSaint said:
" The music in this trailer is fantastic.  It this game is even close in quality to Phantom Hourglass, then it will be another superb adventure.  

@Willy105 said:
" If this wasn't the sequel to Phantom Hourglass (the worst Nintendo Zelda ever), this would be my dream Zelda game.  TRAINS + WIND WAKER = AAAA MEGATON  But alas, I am wary. "
Did you actually play through Phantom Hourglass or do you just like to be that guy who hates things that are popular, even when they're objectively good?  "
No, I played it. I own it. I was it's biggest hype machine over at Gamespot. It was the sequel to Wind Waker (the best Zelda game), and I ran to the store to buy it when it first came out.
 
I guess it was the fact I was so hyped for it is what made me hate it so much. The Temple of the Ocean King literally made me hate the game, despite it's incredible graphics and cutscenes. Anyway, the touch screen controls were perfect. But it still disappointed me greatly, story-wise, music-wise, and gameplay-wise.
Posted by Shaanyboi

I'm giddy with excitement :D

Posted by Artix

As someone who played it [for about 6 hours], and beat PH as well, I can safely say it's superior.
 
The stylus controls were slightly tweaked, the main dungeon doesn't make you repeat the same floors, there's cool new items, it looks gorgeous and varied, train riding is kinda cool, and most importantly, your helper is friggin Zelda... It makes for some great scenes.

Edited by HaYHaYHaY

not really bashing the game but just the promotion method...

 

it seems as if for the last 3 or 4 trailers that i've seen for this game, they just keep re-using the same footage over and over again but with an addition of say...  10 seconds of new things...     they might as well just have 1 trailer than having 4  =.="
 

Posted by Halberdierv2

do want.

Posted by Zaapp1

Quaint...

Posted by Burrobean

I hadn't really paid this game much attention, even though I'm a bit of a Zelda fan.  But that video just charmed the pants off me.  I'll be playing it.

Posted by ThomasP

This game looks dope.

Posted by Mgsfreak
@Halberdierv2 said:
" do want. "
Posted by 02sfraser

i can't wait for this!! anyone else notice his gold sword? whats thats about? Link to the oast style maybe? so exciting

Posted by Bevinsky

I am loving the music in this. Never played Phantom Hourglass, but maybe I'll get this. I'm a big fan of the Wind Waker graphics style too.

Posted by mrsaturn101

Rope Snake!

Edited by crusnchill

I figured I'd give this a look. I'm disinterested unfortuantely... Zelda games never did hold much pull for me. :-(

Posted by Media_Master

I'll definitely get this!

Edited by Willy105
@HaYHaYHaY said:
"

not really bashing the game but just the promotion method...

 

it seems as if for the last 3 or 4 trailers that i've seen for this game, they just keep re-using the same footage over and over again but with an addition of say...  10 seconds of new things...     they might as well just have 1 trailer than having 4  =.="
 

"
Trailers aren't Nintendo of America's strength.
 
@cide said:
" I don't think I'll ever get over the goofy ass Phantom Hourglass style graphics and the lack of d-pad control support is killing me inside- but I am still going to buy this game.. goddamn you, Zelda. "

The graphics style is one of the most loved things about Zelda, and the touch screen controls were one of the most praised things about Phantom Hourglass. Nintendo won't change something that people already love, especially when Phantom Hourglass is the most commercially successful Zelda game in recent memory.
 
@Meatsim said:
" What did that giant spider think he was going to accomplish by getting front of a moving train? "

Hang on it, I guess. It's big enough to not get instantly killed by a 40 ton steam engine. Especially on the "rules" of Nintendo games.
 
@Vgsounds said:
" Too bad I sold my ds and will just emulate it when I get a new pc lol. "

Using a PC goes against what the DS is for, which is portable gaming.
 
@PJ said:
" I heard that Link uses puppys as fuel for his train. So if you buy this game you support the killing of inocent puppys.  Also, whats whit Nintendo and retarded princesses that need to be rescued all the fucking time? "

Because they are old-school, and unlike Disney, they know that people always complain when they change their franchise's formula.
Posted by clarke0

Love the music, but not too keen on the actual game. I'll readily say that I disliked Phantom Hourglass and since this release appears to be in the same vein I'm not particularly interested. Also, trains? What the hell? The best part of the ocean in Wind Waker was the sense of freedom and the feeling of exploration through a vast unknown sea. Putting the traveling part of the game on tracks removes that entire aspect of the game.

Posted by Gamer_152

This looks like almost exactly what you'd want from a sequel to Phantom Hourglass. However although a good game, Phantom Hourglass wasn't one of my favourite Zelda titles and I feel like there are a lot of games out this year which are more worth getting.

Moderator
Posted by Alphazero

Who's up for some mother f'in' pan flute! 
 
Let's blow this thing and get some light jazz up ins.

Posted by Picard
Soo,.  is it a Zelda game or a train sim?  Wouldn't you guys love to play a Zelda game? You know,. just a straight up Zedla game?