How much longer till the 3rd Game?

#1 Posted by SilverZeo (48 posts) -

Anyone else is annoyed how everyone seemed to forget of Viewtiful Joe? I'm dying to see what the third game is going to be. This used to be one of the original games that Capcom came out with before Phoenix Wright.

#2 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Oh man, a new Viewtiful Joe in HD would be amazing.  I'd be all over that shit.

#3 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

No original team members behind a new Viewtiful Joe = Fail

Move away from old games created by Clover Studio members and look forward to PlatinumGames, seriously. Don't let Capcom revive old franchises without any of the original team members being involved, that's just asking for crappy games.

#4 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Objection!  I submit to the court the latest two Tomb Raider games & Devil May Cry 3 as evidence of these fraudulent claims.

#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Over-ruled! Court submits DMC2 as evidence of failure without original team members.

#6 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I am confident that the jury will understand that DMC3's high awesome levels negate the entirety of DMC2.  I also would like them to recognize that Miss Brukaoru is leading the witness, when in actuality she has no proof that Platinum Games output will be any good, as the public has only been privy to screenshots & videos at the time of this hearing.

#7 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Eh...Red Hot Rumble wasn't the third?

And Bru, not really, the Metroid Prime series and the lastest Tomb Raider are proof

#8 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I think I will speak for the majority of the jury in stating that DMC4 was utterly a disappointment. I'd also like the jury to recognize that the creator of the original DMC is creating Bayonetta and has said himself that the development of Bayonetta is going better than any other game he has created, which automatically should tell you that the game will be amazing. Saying PlatinumGames won't be good should be considered blasphemy!

Black_Rose said:

"Eh...Red Hot Rumble wasn't the third?

And Bru, not really, the Metroid Prime series and the lastest Tomb Raider are proof"
I heard Red Hot Rumble wasn't too good.

Those weren't created by Capcom... I REST MY CASE! :P
#9 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

It doesn't matter if it was good or not, it was the third!

Rest my case, or whatever lawyers say when the pwn.

#10 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Objection!  Your honor, gamer law abides by the tenet of "shit until proven awesome".  Thus, by law, every game that one has not played is shitty, at least in context of internet discussion.  This is the law, as the precedent was set in the supreme court ruling of Dyack vs NeoGAF.

#11 Posted by SilverZeo (48 posts) -
brukaoru said:

Move away from old games created by Clover Studio members and look forward to PlatinumGames, seriously. Don't let Capcom revive old franchises without any of the original team members being involved, that's just asking for crappy games."
Old? What are you talking about? Viewtiful Joe isn't even 10. How can you call it be old? Besides, aren't the older games the better because they're harder?

Black_Rose said:
"It doesn't matter if it was good or not, it was the third!

Rest my case, or whatever lawyers say when the pwn."

Red Hot Rumble was more like a branch-off game, same goes for Double Trouble. They didn't have anything from the stories from 1 and 2, the third is suppose to end it.
#12 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
SilverZeo said:
"brukaoru said:

Move away from old games created by Clover Studio members and look forward to PlatinumGames, seriously. Don't let Capcom revive old franchises without any of the original team members being involved, that's just asking for crappy games."
Old? What are you talking about? Viewtiful Joe isn't even 10. How can you call it be old? Besides, aren't the older games the better because they're harder?"
I didn't mean VJ itself was old, just the fact that Capcom is reviving a whole lot of old franchises.

Older games are the better? If you are speaking of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, that is my whole point, those two games were created with the original time behind it, thus why they are so good.
#13 Posted by SilverZeo (48 posts) -

But they say there would be three games, like with Lord of the Rings. Or are afraid everything would be different for the worst now that Clover studio is gone?

#14 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

LOL. I wish Capcom was afraid that things would be different, but they don't give a crap. They'll continue a franchise if they think it'll make them money, bottom line. They could really care less if it doesn't stand up to the quality of the other games, the only concern for them is having a good amount of sales.

#15 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I understand you have this vitriolic Capcom hatred because of Clover, but they seem to really be getting away from the whole "50 billion Mega Man games" philosophy, and instead focusing on releasing quality new games like Lost Planet & Dead Rising, and bringing back older franchises in good ways like with 1942 & Bionic Commando.  It's similar to EA releasing uncertain games like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, & Crysis.

#16 Posted by SilverZeo (48 posts) -

But they say that would be three games vital to the story. Like it or not, it's a tease that has to be done. Like a cliffhanger ending to your favorite TV show, like ReBoot.

#17 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Indeed, Vax, I do have a bias towards Capcom... Of course my previous post also ties into DMC4's quality. :P

I still think there are a lot of talented people still working for Capcom, I just rather see new IPs rather then them continuing work from their ex-employees. For example, I'd probably flip if I heard they were making Okami 2. I know that some game franchises don't need the original team members to make a good game, but games like that, I feel that they really need the original creator behind them. I guess I just want them to leave all of Clover Studio's games alone.

Games like Lost Planet and Dead Rising are great. (Though the Wii port of Dead Rising looks questionable) I also admit they are getting away from the MegaMan Bzillion games mentality, thankfully.

SilverZeo said:

"But they say that would be three games vital to the story. Like it or not, it's a tease that has to be done. Like a cliffhanger ending to your favorite TV show, like ReBoot."
Well, they can kill a franchise before it's done, other game companies have done that plenty of times. I think you'll get your VJ3, so don't worry. Off-topic: ReBoot was amazing... They need to come out with DVD box sets of that show! >_<
#18 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"No original team members behind a new Viewtiful Joe = Fail

The common sense is strong with this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.