Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Virtua Fighter 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released November 1994

The second game in Sega-AM2's signature 3D fighting game series builds upon its predecessor with significantly improved graphics, new gameplay mechanics, and two new fighters.

The XBLA/PSN Version Is Out. What Do You Think?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

So Virtua Fighter 2 along with Sonic Fighters and Fighting Vipers came out on XBLA and PSN for $5 each. I bought VF 2 because I adored that game in the arcade. Having replayed a few rounds having played VF 5 earlier this year it's a little weird seeing how much changed from VF 2 to VF 5. VF 2 is still fun to play but it's stiffer then I remember. It feels like the fighters feel heavier and slower and the attacks seem stilted and limped somehow. I'm sure it is exactly the same as it was in the arcades it just feels weird now. They didn't do a ton to change the graphics. It looks like they cleaned them up and added some AA. It looks nice but I grew up with these visuals so I'm curious how younger players will view the graphics. The options are pretty cool. They even have an option for picking the version of VF 2 you'll play (which means I need to try the other versions to see if they play a little less stiff). I'm happy I bought it because I have a lot of nostalgia for this game but it is not as good as I remember. If anything it makes me appreciate VF 5 even more.

For the rest of you what do you think of the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.