European VC Releases & 300th Game Milestone

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

As the current Hanabi Festival now reaches its third week, the Virtual Console here in Europe has now hit it's 300th game milestone.

This Weeks European Releases
    (17/07/09)

Virtual Console
   (Hanabi Festival)

As number 300: MUSHA from Sega, is part of the awesome Aleste series that to this moment hadn't made it out of Japan. The game is widely considered to be one of the best shooters on the Mega Drive: 900 Nintendo Points

Smash Table Tennis from Konami. is as basic as NES / Famicom games get. The game features two Nintendo related cameos: 600 Nintendo Points

WiiWare

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark King, is a Tower Defense game where you take on the role of the bad guy, and stop the heroes from advancing by re-enforcing your base of operations with traps and obstacles. 500 points less than My Life as a King, but bear in mind Square Enix's proposed separate Downloadable Content: 500 Nintendo Points

DSiWare

A Little Bit of... Puzzle League from Nintendo, which is based on the popular "Planet Puzzle League". Multiplayer features have been stripped out, but all the single player options are intact: 500 Nintendo Points

(Hanabi Festival could do with a concept page)

MUSHA (MegaDrive)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark King
  (WiiWare)

#2 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I got My Life as a Darklord and played through the tutorial so far, it's a pretty interesting game, but the DLC I saw turns me off. There's DLC with at least three times the cost of the actual game, on day one... Costumes costing 500 points, monsters and items, and even level packs. If I really get into the game I might get a level pack later but the other stuff... Square's become the Japanese Bethesda or something... Anyway, solid game.

#3 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Musha is awesome, for the record.  Just take a gander at the overall wide opinion on shmups.com. Compile make great shooters.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

It is 300 games already? Wow, XBLA only has 225 or something like that. It is a very impressive feat, but there is still no Goldeneye :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.