What VC game should i get?

#1 Edited by gimmysumcowbel (418 posts) -

i got a points card from a friend that has 800 points on it. So i can get NES, SNES, and Genesis games i think.  
i saw Phantasy Star IV, Shining Force 2 along with a couple of other interesting JRPG's on there. what JRPG would you guys recommend off the VC? 

Edit: Its between Phantasy Star IV and Super Mario RPG. Which one though? Fuck!

#2 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4899 posts) -

Super Mario RPG.

#3 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

Super Mario RPG
Breath of Fire 2
Shining Force
Phantasy Star IV

Those are all really good. Just a note on Breath of Fire 2: It is as traditional as you can get with a JRPG (in terms of the battles). That game is grindtastic.

#4 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

If you're interested in that kind of stuff, go for Super Mario RPG.

#5 Posted by gimmysumcowbel (418 posts) -
@PureRok:
which one of those has the best story in your opinion?
#6 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

I think PureRok's list is flawless.  Check out reviews for all those games and see what one you think suites your style, likes, and dislikes the best.  Super Mario RPG IS awesome.

#7 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

Phantasy Star IV   
Super mario rpg will either sicken you or you will become a fan of it, if your a fan of fun and challenging rpgs don't get it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.