Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Virtual Console

Concept »

The Virtual Console is a platform service that first appeared on Nintendo's Wii and later on the 3DS and Wii U. Games from past consoles are emulated to run on the new hardware with the added benefits of system-level save states and other features.

Yoshi's Island?

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nibbz

ok... where the hell is Yoshi's Island? lol. This game is one of my favorite 2D Mario experiences, if you can call it a Mario game that is. The art style is refreshing, the gameplay is fun, simple, and addictive. The only flaw it has is Baby Mario's stupid whine whenever you lose him. Why ISN'T this game on the VC!? Any reasons? Will it be? If so when!?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By insouciant

I don't know.  That's a good question.  Maybe marketing decided not enough people would buy it.  I loved that game when I came out, but I wouldn't buy it now mostly because I already beat it.
    insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By insouciant

Nintendo should sell the soundtrack to it on the Wii Shop Channel.

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nibbz

soundtrack? on WiiShop? they'd make more money on the game I think lol.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would expect it to hit soon after the rumoured Wii game is announced. 

In the mean time, I suggest you pick it up the equally cool GBA version. 

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nibbz

i'd rather not have to buy the game twice, and there is a rumored Yoshi's Island game?or are you talking about Galaxy 2 where Yoshi is making his return?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's dirt cheap second hand on GBA these days.  

No I mean Yoshi's Island Wii, not Galaxy 2. Nonaka-san was interviewed by official Nintendo Magazine about the prospect of a Wii game a couple of years back, he seemed to hint that a new game was in the works. Nonaka-san also said that Wii's controls would suit the game well. I've been sent two questionnaires by Nintendo, the first was when I bought the DS game, then a few weeks later I was sent another with more detailed questions regarding the franchise in general. They asked for my thoughts on what I'd like to see in a Wii game if one were made. I was very scathing in my assessment of the DS game so I was surprised when they sent me another asking for my views.  

edit: 

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/11/25/yoshis-island-ds-interview-producer-hints-at-new-wii-game.htm 

(sorry for any typos - finger problem)

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually, they just don't want to blow their wad all at once.

It's too bad there is no way you could play it on your computer. I mean, nobody has ever made a program that mimics the workings of a SNES right?

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By insouciant

@Nibbz said:

"soundtrack? on WiiShop? they'd make more money on the game I think lol. "

You could save it to an SD card and transfer it to wherever.

@Alex_Murphy said:

"It's too bad there is no way you could play it on your computer. I mean, nobody has ever made a program that mimics the workings of a SNES right? "

lol    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.