Costs only $40

#1 Posted by lolwot (254 posts) -

On Gamestop and Amazon.com, this game, as well as Banjo Kazooie, is sold for $40.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71873
http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Pi%C3%B1ata-Trouble-Paradise-Xbox-360/dp/B0019MRKNI/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1219156134&sr=8-3

Considering that their release dates are getting awfully close, I expect the prices to stick. After all, how often do major retailers list prices below the standard for an extended period of time, especially when release dates are nearing?

#2 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

I think these games have been confirmed to stay at that price which is really awesome.  I hope some more games follow them with that.

#3 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

It's likely only going to happen for the smaller first-party releases.  Like Rare games obviously.  Not that I don't like Rare games.  They just probably are not going to move as many copies as a Fable 2 or a Gears of War 2. 

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

What I would like to know is whether the game comes in an awesome case like the original, or if it's just a regular ol' case.

#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Peacemaker said:
"I think these games have been confirmed to stay at that price which is really awesome.  I hope some more games follow them with that."
Agreed.

#6 Posted by 8xBiT (140 posts) -
lolwot said:
"On Gamestop and Amazon.com, this game, as well as Banjo Kazooie, is sold for $40.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71873
http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Pi%C3%B1ata-Trouble-Paradise-Xbox-360/dp/B0019MRKNI/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1219156134&sr=8-3

Considering that their release dates are getting awfully close, I expect the prices to stick. After all, how often do major retailers list prices below the standard for an extended period of time, especially when release dates are nearing?"
WTH, in most UK shops its still £40($60) another time we pay more YAY!
#7 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

What Brad said in the last podcast -- that it's a great gateway drug for use to get girlfriends into casual gaming -- is really making me think about getting this game.

#8 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -
Kush said:
"What I would like to know is whether the game comes in an awesome case like the original, or if it's just a regular ol' case."
omg we have different views! i hated that weird case! i love how its normal!
#9 Posted by William (441 posts) -

inorite? It doesn't even fit in my Game stand, AMG!

#10 Posted by Daeica (37 posts) -

Danish retail price is over 200% of US price (94,99$) I wonder who is getting this money, the producer/developer or the retailers. Only one shop (Danish online shop) sold it for it's real price (40$ + shipping costs to Europe cross sea's adds 10-15$ to the price) for about a month form release, then pumped it up to 80$ only to take it off their sales list completely two weeks after.

I had to swallow my pride before buying it retail, as many of the danish distributers don't carry the protection-slip that insures your case hasn't been opened before purchase because they store the original CD's in envelopes behind the counter. Which quite honestly is the least they can do for you when you're paying double price (which also means you can't trade it in if you regret purchase, as you cannot prove that you haven't opened the box and played the game)

Pants on head retarded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.