Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 02, 2008

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise realistically simulates everyday struggles in the life of an omnipresent piñata handler.

Pinata Are For Girls

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By danielkempster

HEALTH WARNING: Viva Pinata will steal your girlfriend and leave you feeling isolated and unfulfilled 
    HEALTH WARNING: Viva Pinata will steal your girlfriend and leave you feeling isolated and unfulfilled 
    My Xbox 360 has been stolen by my girlfriend. After watching me play Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, she asked me if she could have a go last night. In the last twenty-four hours, she's assumed total control of the console, has obtained a bigger garden than I have, attracted more types of pinata than I have, and even earned more Achievement points than I have. This morning she told me she even dreamt she was a pinata last night. Meanwhile I'm in bed, playing Pokémon Crystal and watching her get almost literally sucked into the game as she moves closer and closer to the screen. I'm just praying that I can persuade her to give up the controller for half an hour so I can watch Harry Hill's TV Burp before she gets back to the landscaping and breeding. My girlfriend always thought she'd lose me to games. I never anticipated it could happen the other way round. 

Also, for those of you who aren't aware, Giant Bomb now has a spoiler button integrated into its text editor. You can use it to hide spoilers from view. I can't divulge my opinion of the new feature, in case I reveal any spoilers. 

it's frickin' awesome.
    Thanks for reading, guys. See you around. 

DanK 

--- 

Currently playing - Pokémon Crystal (GBC)
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By danielkempster

My Xbox 360 has been stolen by my girlfriend. After watching me play Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, she asked me if she could have a go last night. In the last twenty-four hours, she's assumed total control of the console, has obtained a bigger garden than I have, attracted more types of pinata than I have, and even earned more Achievement points than I have. This morning she told me she even dreamt she was a pinata last night. Meanwhile I'm in bed, playing Pokémon Crystal and watching her get almost literally sucked into the game as she moves closer and closer to the screen. I'm just praying that I can persuade her to give up the controller for half an hour so I can watch Harry Hill's TV Burp before she gets back to the landscaping and breeding. My girlfriend always thought she'd lose me to games. I never anticipated it could happen the other way round. 

Also, for those of you who aren't aware, Giant Bomb now has a spoiler button integrated into its text editor. You can use it to hide spoilers from view. I can't divulge my opinion of the new feature, in case I reveal any spoilers. 

Thanks for reading, guys. See you around. 

DanK 

--- 

Currently playing - Pokémon Crystal (GBC)
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Brad loves Pinata.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

This story sounds awfully familiar. I'm sure my girlfriend's spent more time playing Viva Pinata than I've spent on a combination of all my 360 games. She's now planning on making a stuffed Sherbat.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By JackiJinx

One of my ex's once said jokingly that I loved video games more than him. Before I had my own 360, I'd always ask to play some MUA and even started playing his copy of .hack and FFT:A at his house, getting pretty far in both games. I'd always feel guilty after a bit because he clearly was not having a good time and did not take any enjoyment out of watching me play. But hey, breakups happen for a reason.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

So what if she gets sucked into the screen? According to Rocko's Modern Life, that's a good thing; she'll get naked, jump off the roof, and have no memory of it. Time that right, and you can have some awkward rescue sex :P.

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Viva Piñata was just too hectic for me.  I was there for some relaxation, but it wasn't to be... 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

The spoiler warning feature has been around for about a week now

drj8392302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By drj8392302

Haha that's awesome! :)

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Senno

It can happen. The great thing about the game is it's gender neutral. It's beauty and lovely visuals bely a fiendishly addictive game that appeals to both males and females. My 9 year old nephew loves the game, but definitely needs help progressing, as it's also quite challenging.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akyho

@Senno: I think you should check how long ago these posts were made. Your talking to people 2 years too late.

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Senno

@Akyho: That may be so, but unfortunately this forum is very quiet. I was hoping to kick start it with a reply in any of the threads that had a conversation I could at least take part in, albeit very belatedly. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bishna

I have never played this, does anyone know if the PC version is any good? or if anyone sells it digitally for cheaper than the 20 bucks it is on GFWL marketplace?

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Senno

@Bishna: The game was never released to PC and remains an Xbox 360 exclusive. The original title was released to PC, and is serviceable, but hardly fantastic and essentially a straight port. The developers have stated numerous times that Trouble in Paradise is the more complete version of the original game. Not so much a sequel as a 1.5 of the original. It features 2 dozen more pinata, 2 new zones, and numerous additions, such as leg races and competitions. Not to mention there's a little more structure, with Langley providing missions for certain Pinata varieties, pushing you further to gain new pinata and seek out new species. The PC version of the original isn't worth getting, in my opinion. Go for this one, but be advised that no one is really playing it online anymore. Thankfully, that shouldn't be an issue in your enjoyment of the title.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By konig_kei
    @Bishna

I have never played this, does anyone know if the PC version is any good? or if anyone sells it digitally for cheaper than the 20 bucks it is on GFWL marketplace?

Its like 6 dollars on ozgameshop.com right now. That's Pc version btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.