do you think we'll ever see a sequel?

#1 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Do you think we'll ever see a sequel?

I've played the original, have yet to pick up trouble in paradise *which is really an off shoot* Do you think they'll have a VP 2? I personally would love it, what I did play of the original was amazing, I could imagine the truly large world they could create and let you make up in VP 2.

#2 Posted by Lumley (959 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: VP: TiP was more than on off shoot, I've played it more than I played the original. I honestly can't see another one coming out as much as I'd love it to.
#3 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I hope so. I have the first one on PC and it was pretty damn cool.

#4 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

It seems like Rare's been doing mostly Kinect and avatar stuff lately. I could see a Kinect Viva Pinata game, but not soon I'm guessing. 

#5 Posted by ESREVER (2689 posts) -

I considered Trouble in Paradise to be a sequel to the original VP. They also had that mini-game installment. I never played that one, but Trouble in Paradise was excellent. 
Of course, all I did was raise an army of BunnyCombs. 

But I would love more Viva Pinata.

#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7365 posts) -

If my begging could make it so then we would definitely be seeing a sequel.
Unfortunately it's usually based more on sales, so I don't have my hopes up.

(...also play Trouble in Paradise, it's everything that was great about the original but better and more)

#7 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I'll have to pick up trouble in paradise, I always thought it seemed to be an offshoot/spin off. Now i gotta get it.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a new one for Kinect.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19336 posts) -

Yeah, they already made the sequel.  As for the third game; I think Rare's more focused on motion control game trash or something like that at the moment to bother.

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I can't be the only person here that was horribly disappointed with Viva Pinata. I guess it just was not what I was expecting at all. It's as hectic and stressful as The Sims. I thought it'd be a nice, calm, relaxing game.

#11 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

The first one was cool.  I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel myself.

#12 Posted by busted1der (199 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: Next Xbox Console or on the 3DS for sure.
#13 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@busted1der said:
" @WilliamRLBaker: Next Xbox Console or on the 3DS for sure. "
could you imagine that? microsoft getting 3ds dev kits and making 3ds games? 
#14 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5257 posts) -

They made a TV show.  That counts amirita?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.