Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viva Piñata

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 09, 2006

A simulation game in which players transform a neglected plot of land into a lush garden in order to attract various piñata animals and encourage them to become residents on your land.

Sour Cocoadile Trouble

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By danielkempster

I'm playing Viva Pinata right now and absolutely loving it, but I've hit a spot of trouble with trying to tame the Sour Cocoadile. I've fulfilled all of its resident requirements but one - eating a Swanana. I have a Swanana in the garden, but the Cocoadile doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in it. At first it was kind of a non-issue, but now it's becoming pretty irritating watching the Cocoadile nonchalantly stride past his supposed prey. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem with trying to get the Sour Cocoadile to reside, and if so, how did they get around it?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Hm, maybe try starting a new garden.  If you don't want to spend your time getting another swanana, either ask Gretchen to catch another or mail it to yourself, or try turning off the cocoadile totem piece.  I, myself, didn't come across this problem, so I'm just throwing ideas out there.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bekern

Yeah sometimes the game can be dumb like that, you can have the animal literally standing on top of what you want it to eat and it won't notice it. Just try to direct the swanana to the cocoadile, maybe romance a bunch more swananas so there is a higher chance he'll run into one.
    Also, you might not have enough room in your garden? It's been awhile since I played but I think sometimes the animals don't try to fufill their requirements if you're running out of space..

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By danielkempster

Thanks for the speedy responses, guys. I don't currently have the Cocoadile piece of the Tower of Sour, and space definitely isn't an issue considering my garden's practically empty right now. I'll try filling the garden with Swananas first. If that doesn't work, I'll start a second garden and see if I can make things happen there.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @dankempster: If you ever need help with Viva Pinata related matters, there's some excellent wiki's out there that pretty much explain anything you could need to know.

I think there's a similar (but better) site like that one but I couldn't find it.
    danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danielkempster

Just posting this to let people know that I managed to get around it. I sold my apparently-not-very-tasty Swanana and made a new one resident, which the Cocoadile took to straight away. Yay for my completed Tower of Sour! If a Mod could lock this I'd be uber grateful. Thanks again to all for your suggestions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.