Viva Pinata .99cents or 80msp on GamesForWindows.com

• 54 results
#1 Edited by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Microsoft's GamesForWindows.com daily deal is Viva Pinata, which you can get for 80msp or 99c from their site or from the marketplace app. Really recommend this game to everyone, it's great.

EDIT: This deal is no longer available.

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -

Such a bargain. One of my favourite games of the last 5 years. There is no native anti-aliasing in the PC version because it uses deferred rendering. You'll have to use an external program like nHancer.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Any achivments linked to the game? 

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Any achivments linked to the game?  "
As far as I know (via xbox360achievements.org) the PC version supports achievements.
#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

This game is seriously underrated, one of the best Rare have ever made.
Definitely worth the 80 Microsoft points, if you don't already own it.

Although watch out for the 7gb download.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" Microsoft's GamesForWindows.com daily deal is Viva Pinata, which you can get for 80msp or 99c from their site or from the marketplace app. Really recommend this game to everyone, it's great. "
The game is not showing up at 99 cents! 
#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @benjaebe said:
" Microsoft's GamesForWindows.com daily deal is Viva Pinata, which you can get for 80msp or 99c from their site or from the marketplace app. Really recommend this game to everyone, it's great. "
The game is not showing up at 99 cents!  "
If you go through the site it can take a little while for their store to update, but the application (Games for Windows Marketplace) is fully functional for me. Deal lasts until 8:30am PST tomorrow, so there's plenty of time.
#8 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  It's a mistake. You can buy it through the client for the correct price, or wait until they update the price on the website.
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @benjaebe said:
The game is not showing up at 99 cents!  "
If you go through the site it can take a little while for their store to update, but the application (Games for Windows Marketplace) is fully functional for me. Deal lasts until 8:30am PST tomorrow, so there's plenty of time. "
I just got it. Ive wanted to try the game for a wile. And now I can and even get achivments. Slowly my window live gallery is flushin out. 
#10 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Any achivments linked to the game?  "
Yep, I own the PC version and there's achievements. If you go to the site and click on Live enabled then all the achievement games will pop up.
#11 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Damn it, I have 80 points left, already own the disc based version of this game. Should I get it?

#12 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ch13696 said:

" Damn it, I have 80 points left, already own the disc based version of this game. Should I get it? "

Use your credit card. its 99 cents! Or if you have the disk you do not need it! 
#13 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @ch13696 said:

" Damn it, I have 80 points left, already own the disc based version of this game. Should I get it? "

Use your credit card. its 99 cents! Or if you have the disk you do not need it!  "
Yeah, I'll wait till they drop something else to the same price for the day.
#14 Posted by nick_verissimo (1382 posts) -

That's a pretty awesome deal.  I rented it once and had a real good time with it, however, there is no way that my laptop would be able to run it. Bummer.

#15 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

Viva Pinata = incest

#16 Posted by Fuzzled (39 posts) -

Sold! Thanks for the heads up, been meaning to play this one day and never got around to it, at this price how can I refuse :)

#17 Posted by pekoe212 (441 posts) -

Got it! Thanks for the heads up. I was having a crappy day and now it's a lot better with some practically free Viva Pinata in my future.

#18 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

Buying now, already have it on 360, but I'll get it again.

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

Absolutely fantastic deal. At that price, everyone should buy this!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Menseguez (182 posts) -

I would most certainly get it however I am unable to sign up for a LIVE account, just keep getting errors when I try to do so. It's been like that for more than a week now :/

#21 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -

well ive had these 140 microsoft points sitting here forever so i went ahead and got this game. I hope its not a let down.

#22 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -
@ShaunassNZ said:
" Buying now, already have it on 360, but I'll get it again. "
Same.
#23 Posted by Ammut (25 posts) -
Does the PC game have any content not found in the 360 version?  Sweet mixed breed mods?
#24 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -
@Ammut:  No mods, no extra content.
#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" @Ammut:  No mods, no extra content. "
Wonder whats gonna be the next game. 
#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Gears of War has to be up some time this week, though I can't see them selling it for 75p.
#27 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I didn't really enjoy what I played of this game, but I have bought far worse games for more money.

#28 Posted by coaxmetal (1603 posts) -

Shit, I didn't even know there was a PC version. Bought it.

#29 Posted by FizzleNizzleBear (335 posts) -

Now if only Microsoft would also put these daily deals on the 360

#30 Edited by Portis (1286 posts) -
SOLD. Played the 360 version to completion, but I'll gladly play it again on PC. (Also; points.) Love this damn game. 

Funny, I was actually deliberating yesterday whether to pick this up on PC and play it again. Well, the 99 cent deal today made that one hell of an easy choice. 
#31 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I really shouldn't have bought Shadowrun yesterday. 

I have 70 points on my account.

#32 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

S-ranked both the 360 and PC version of this game.  Slow cookies.

#33 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Never thought I'd buy Viva Pinata but I couldn't pass this up, especially when it has achievements, bought it with 80 msp, even though I had to install the GFWL client

#34 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Well alright then. Guess I'm buying Viva Pinata. I always wanted to check it out.

#35 Posted by brodywb (190 posts) -

I just bought this because I had only ever played the demo. Unfortunately it is going to take forever for the 7GB to download.

#36 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I'm pretty annoyed that Microsoft refuses to accept my totally valid credit card, and doesn't have PayPal support either. I'm not going to a damn store to buy a points card, so no Viva Pinata for me.

#37 Posted by ThaMilkMan (344 posts) -

I just bought this...this is the second version of this game I will hae however...which is pretty great...I would gift some but it's probably a one per person thing right?

#38 Posted by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

Thanks for the headsup. I had no idea they did a daily deal.

#39 Posted by honeycut1 (142 posts) -

I picked it up.  Now I just need to figure out how to play it correctly

#40 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Wish I didn't have a laptop...

#41 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

Never played the game but was always interested - kinda more hyped for this than my purchase of AOE3 for the same price. Awesome. 

Can't believe they've actually managed to out do Steam for once. Here;s hoping GeoW is the next deal...

#42 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" Absolutely fantastic deal. At that price, everyone should buy this!!!!!! "
I would like to echo this sentiment. 

I still have the original and the sequel that I bought off of ebay though.
#43 Posted by Gnubberen (764 posts) -

and here I though that I would never get rid of those spare 90 MSP left on my account! thanks for the head up.

#44 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

If I didn't already own it I would totally buy this. Viva Piñata is a terrific game ;)

#45 Posted by Portis (1286 posts) -

Just played an hour of it. 

Yep, still awesome. It's been long enough since I played the 360 version that's all fresh again.

#46 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

If this was Trouble in Paradise, I would buy it, but it's not.

#47 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" Absolutely fantastic deal. At that price, everyone should buy this!!!!!! "
More exclamation points would seal the deal for me.
#48 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Bought!  Hope this is more complex than the DS version I have.

#49 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Damn, I bought this game at $20 during GFWL's first week of sales. Didn't think they'd continue with the crazy sales. 

#50 Posted by Teaspoon83 (623 posts) -

I mean, I really shouldn't but it is only a damn buck. Bah, yet another game that goes on my list of games I'm buying but probably never touching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.