Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Viva Piñata

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 09, 2006

A simulation game in which players transform a neglected plot of land into a lush garden in order to attract various piñata animals and encourage them to become residents on your land.

What is the objective in this game?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I seriously can't figure out what the heck I'm suppose to be doing. Sometimes Pinata Central comes up and wants me to ship them a pinata but those opportunities are few and far between. I can't find any objectives list anywhere in the menus either. What the heck am I aiming to do in Viva Pinata? I've gotten bored of just messing around with my pinatas and want to make some real progress towards... whatever the goal is. 

Can someone help me out here? What should I be doing? I'm so confused. 

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster
    @JJWeatherman: From what I've heard, the original can be quite confusing for newcomers. I've only played the sequel, Trouble in Paradise, which has a pretty good tutorial that spells things out. Personally, I'd recommend checking out the Viva Pinata Wiki if you're looking for help of any kind. Hope you can find something there that helps. 

As far as overall aims go, I'm not sure there is one beyond attempting to collect, breed and variate as many kinds of Pinata as possible. It's more a game of experimentatiton - finding out what will happen if you feed foodstuff X to pinata Y, or what you need to do to attract pinata Z to your garden, that sort of thing. Again, if you're looking for a more clear-cut experience, I think Trouble in Paradise is the way to go. There, the challenges are clearly defined through a menu, and you get a clear idea of what your objectives are for any given challenge. The challenges seem to serve pretty well as a kind of Career mode, if you will.

I hope your time with the game improves. It's a lot of fun once you get past the daunting initial phases of gameplay. Let me know how you get on with it :)
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Red12b
    @JJWeatherman:
    Don't you just like grow them or something? Dude fuck knows, why don't you ring him up on the fuck phone?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

I found it hard to start off with this game initially, but then I came back and tried to fill up all the pinata logs etc by attracting each pinata to the garden, romancing it to get 7 in the garden at once and thus the master romancer award for it etc. Once I've got all the awards for one species and found all of the variants, I move onto another. I'd do the same thing with trees and plants by growing one normally, then coming back to it later with fertiliser to make it grow better and get the awards for it.

I'd go to GameFAQs if I were you, look at some of the guides there and go through the achievements list for the game and give yourself little objectives to aim for. I'm sitting on 980 of the 1000 points now, only 13 hours or so of play before I get the last one there. Once you get into a routine of doing something for each species and setting little objectives for yourself to strive for, I think it gets a bit more fun.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @dankempster: That Wiki is crazy. I was checking it out and it has everything I could ever want to know about every version of Viva Pinata. I got a few tips about romancing and such that I'm gonna try. By the way I do have Trouble In Paradise as well but I haven't played much of either until now. I figured I should start with the original but maybe if I don't get into this one I'll just jump to Trouble In Paradise and check that out a little more.

@Red12b:
    lol

@Kowbrainz:
    I guess I get how they just want you to experiment with all the pinatas and try to lure them in but I think making it hard to figure out was a bad decision. I'd rather have some type of in depth chart of things I need to do in-game rather than being forced to go to GameFAQs. Oh well.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mmmslash
    @JJWeatherman: Trouble in Paradise is just an updated and improved version of the original game. Unless you are an achievement whore, or you only own the original, there's not much reason to play it. TiP is by and far a better version.

I hope you can get into the game, it's a whole lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.