Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 30, 2011

Voltron: Defender of the Universe is a twin-stick shooter game based on the identically named anime series of the 1980s. The game has since been delisted, making it unavailable to purchase.

Just downloaded the demo

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By 71Ranchero

Hey guys, remember how Voltron was all about running around as the Lions and shooting ant sized humanoids with your giant laser guns?

Its a Dual joystick shooter. There was no forming of the head to be found in this demo, no clue if you actually get to play as Voltron in the game at all from what was shown in the demo and Im not sure if I really want to find out at this point. Childhood raped. Again.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NekuCTR

Who da head?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

You couldn't have thought that a ten dollar Voltron game from thq would be good could you? I want a good Voltron game as much as anyone

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ssj4raditz

There was absolutely no fanfare surrounding this game. Not a big surprise it's less than stellar.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By 71Ranchero

@sagesebas said:

You couldn't have thought that a ten dollar Voltron game from thq would be good could you? I want a good Voltron game as much as anyone

Im not saying the game is bad I guess, I just dont see how you can turn Voltron into a duel stick shooter. They could have just made a cheap knockoff of the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games and that would have been fine.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Getz

There's a fucking Voltron game coming out? Who decided to dust that one off?

ShinSolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShinSolidus

Going into it, I REALLY wanted the game. After playing the demo, I'll just wait for a sale, and pick it up on the cheap, hopefully.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By phrosnite

And I will form the head!

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

@Atramentous said:

Hey guys, remember how Voltron was all about running around as the Lions and shooting ant sized humanoids with your giant laser guns?

Its a Dual joystick shooter. There was no forming of the head to be found in this demo, no clue if you actually get to play as Voltron in the game at all from what was shown in the demo and Im not sure if I really want to find out at this point. Childhood raped. Again.

Your childhood being raped will happen inevitably when they finally make Voltron into a movie and it is basically Transformers all over again with Shia LaBeouf playing the role of Keith. Don't feel bad though, my childhood will also be raped in the process.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Turambar

Voltron just needs to make an appearance in another Super Robot Wars game and I'll be content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.