It seems YouTube is embracing Vuvuzela time too

#1 Edited by dudeglove (8297 posts) -

If you go onto the main site, down by the usual volume controls/closecaptions/size thingies, there's a tiny football symbol. Click it and, uhh, turn your speakers down.

Try here  
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUEBvOoavmE 

as it doesn't work with the normal embed.

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Yeah, I just saw this.  I haven't been watching the World Cup so now I finally understand everyone's pain.

#3 Edited by birdman (26 posts) -

Youtube coders are such trolls, and I respect them for that.

#4 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -
@birdman said:
" Youtube coders are such trolls"  
And yet, they are complete saints compared to some of the people that comment on Youtube videos.  

Also, the vuvuzela is hilarious in an annoying way. I'm not going to get into a rant about my dislike for them, but I do wish they never existed. More so, I wish people would stop calling them musical instruments. It's a piece of plastic that plays one note! Stop it. Stop it.  

Ok that's enough. 
#5 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2120 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:
" @birdman said:
" Youtube coders are such trolls"  
And yet, they are complete saints compared to some of the people that comment on Youtube videos.    Also, the vuvuzela is hilarious in an annoying way. I'm not going to get into a rant about my dislike for them, but I do wish they never existed. More so, I wish people would stop calling them musical instruments. It's a piece of plastic that plays one note! Stop it. Stop it.   Ok that's enough.  "
Africa as a continent should; from this day forward, be banned from ever hosting a World Cup...EVER!

Seriously, why did they ever think this was a good idea?  I have to listen to this crap for a month.  And now that they have become an actual problem for both telecasting and for the players in the games are they not banned?
#6 Posted by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -

Okay, that's pretty funny.

I had an amusing moment the other day while watching a match that USA were playing in: the national anthem finished playing and the last note was the exact same pitch as the vuvuzelas, making it sound like the last note went on for-freaking-ever. Sweet.

BONUS BEATS: clickety

#7 Posted by Djstyles92 (953 posts) -

My favorite part of the world cup!!!....-__-

#8 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

"Sorry Jeff, I didn't catch that?
 "BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
 "Ok thanks"

#9 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

Haha, that's pretty funny

#10 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

#11 Posted by Lanceuppercut (133 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.