Any one else think they messed up this Title?

#1 Posted by papercut (3433 posts) -

I just think it should be called VVVVV instead of VVVVVV. You know, five Vs instead of 6. Five. Like the Roman numeral V. Get it? It's funny. 

I understand it represents the people you save in the game but, I just think it's a missed opportunity.

#2 Posted by Heartbreak (288 posts) -

#3 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

Sort of like how the original Left 4 Dead box had a right hand missing it's thumb rather than a left hand.  Now that would have been a huge opportunity missed.

#4 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

I thought it was one V for every crew member you rescue? In which case, they didn't mess up since you actually do rescue 6 crew members.

#5 Posted by CaptainFish (454 posts) -

It is a crew of 6, but since you play one of them you only rescue 5.

#6 Posted by adoggz (2034 posts) -

i dun get it how is wwv better than www?

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

It should have been called VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.

#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

It should have been called AAAAAA to represent spikes and the reactions of the player better.

#9 Posted by Korolev (1694 posts) -

No, not really. The whole "V" thing was not only in reference to the characters you save, but also the up-down-up-down-up-down motion of the main character, the way you flip as you move, kinda makes a V shaped trajectory, and when you string the V's together, it kind of looks like a zig-zag line. As for choosing 6 V's over 5 V's, yeah, they did miss an opportunity to make a "V is the Roman numeral for 5" pun, but eh, that's probably not what they were going for anyway. Also, the spikes look like Vs.

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

I think six Vs is better. Like Korolev said they represent the six characters of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.