anybody else get ripped off?

#1 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -

I bought this game via Paypal, and they charged my account, but I never got a download link...

To anybody else who's bought it, how long did it take for your download link to appear in your inbox? it's been about 7 hours by now...

#2 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

do they have a number you can call for customer support?

#3 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -

hmmm, looks like they might... I'll try calling it tomorrow, I guess

#4 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

Check your spam/junk folder. My Thunderbird marked it as spam.

#5 Posted by Hamst3r (4342 posts) -

Mine arrived immediately. If you know anyone else who bought it, just have them send you the exe, there's no DRM.

#6 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -

I searched my gmail spambox for "fastspring" and nothing...
when I actually placed the order, they said there was a problem completing my request, but then they charged me anyways, soooo... I dunno

I sent them a problem ticket so hopefully they do something...

#7 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -

Turns out it was just a server error, the charge was only a pending charge and will eventually be credited back.

To anybody worried the same might happen to them, worry no more, as I have now officially received the download link for the game.

#8 Posted by fisk0 (3268 posts) -

Well, for anybody worried about this stuff, the game is available on Steam too now, DRM free (you can just copy the \steamapps\common\vvvvvv folder anywhere you want, the game doesn't require you to have the steam client running to play), so you won't have to worry about download links getting lost.

A downside is of course that Terry only gets a part of what you pay when you don't purchase from his site directly.

#9 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@Vigorousjammer: And it only took 7 months...
#10 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2385 posts) -
@Infininja:  technically, no... it only took a day, I just forgot to reply to this topic, lol.
#11 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

strange m8. I got my link 30sec after i payed. Just send a mail m8:) You have the recipe :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.