Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

VVVVVV

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 11, 2010

Retro 2D puzzle platformer in which players, rather than jumping, invert their own gravity to cover gaps and avoid obstacles.

Going Down...

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

Calm down children, this is in-fact a blog about VVVVVV. SEE WHAT I DID THERE? You poor hapless fools...

No Caption Provided

So I am playing VVVVVV at the moment and it's really awesome.

If the Nintendo Wii proved anything it's that great game design transcends the boundaries of graphical limitations. VVVVVV takes this concept to it's extreme. It has a quirky sadistic humour in the flat-out punishment which it levers upon it's players. VVVVVV is not a game which needs to be played, it's conceptually more than that. It's a test; taunting players to prove their skill and willpower, resilience and stamina. If you complete VVVVVV then you have earned my respect. It is a gauntlet within which the gaming heroes of our generation are brutally forged. I don't need achievement points or additional incentive, VVVVVV needs to be completed just so I can tell people I fucking completed it. And then sneer at them when they tell me they don't know what the fuck i'm talking about. "Veni Vidi Vici".

And the soundtrack is fucking awesome. Sexy new ringtone time :D

I'm still playing World Of Warcraft which surprises even me. Perhaps the greatest strain the game is currently imposing is it's pace. I'm constantly reminded of the awesome endgame shenanigans that spur me to jump back into the game, but the hours of grinding in order to reach these moments remains sobering. I want this shit on tap. My impatience will undoubtedly be my downfall.

IN OTHER NEWS!!!

There is no other news

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Calm down children, this is in-fact a blog about VVVVVV. SEE WHAT I DID THERE? You poor hapless fools...

No Caption Provided

So I am playing VVVVVV at the moment and it's really awesome.

If the Nintendo Wii proved anything it's that great game design transcends the boundaries of graphical limitations. VVVVVV takes this concept to it's extreme. It has a quirky sadistic humour in the flat-out punishment which it levers upon it's players. VVVVVV is not a game which needs to be played, it's conceptually more than that. It's a test; taunting players to prove their skill and willpower, resilience and stamina. If you complete VVVVVV then you have earned my respect. It is a gauntlet within which the gaming heroes of our generation are brutally forged. I don't need achievement points or additional incentive, VVVVVV needs to be completed just so I can tell people I fucking completed it. And then sneer at them when they tell me they don't know what the fuck i'm talking about. "Veni Vidi Vici".

And the soundtrack is fucking awesome. Sexy new ringtone time :D

I'm still playing World Of Warcraft which surprises even me. Perhaps the greatest strain the game is currently imposing is it's pace. I'm constantly reminded of the awesome endgame shenanigans that spur me to jump back into the game, but the hours of grinding in order to reach these moments remains sobering. I want this shit on tap. My impatience will undoubtedly be my downfall.

IN OTHER NEWS!!!

There is no other news

Thanks For Reading
    Love Sweep
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I really do have to get VVVVVV, although 10€ seems a bit too much. I loved the demo, though. It doesn't just look retro, like so much Indie bullshit out there, it is retro. It is so much fun, and so frustrating, an amazing time killer. And an amazing procrastination tool, works almost as well as Giant Bomb for procrastinating purposes.

Oh God, don't even mention WoW. A colleague of mine has been insisting that I download a 10 day trial of WoW, he already offered me a 10 day Gift Card and has sent me an e-mail that grants me two free months of WoW. That's like, three months of WoW. I see no reason not to try it out, but I never saw anything in the game that attracts me to it. I played LOTRO (The Lord of the Rings Online) for a few months, got to level thirty-something and got fed up with it. I guess MMO's are not for me, although I did enjoy LOTRO a lot while it lasted. Maybe Star Wars: The Old Republic will change all this, I really love BioWare games, such as KOTOR and Mass Effect.

Point being, the dude has been insisting so much on WoW, he has become a pain in the ass long ago (the phone just keeps ringing and I *do not* want to answer it). He even added a bookmark to my browser which used to read "PLAY THIS SHIT", and I eventually changed it to "Forced Labor". I'm fed up with WoW and I still haven't even began to play it. Gosh.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Oni

I got the VVVVVV soundtrack on basis of the quick look because it is AWESOME. Haven't actually got the game yet though, I might, just seems a bit steep.

And stop talking about WoW, I'm having a hell of a time resisting its siren call without you reminding me that it's there okay :(

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By phlegms

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NO OTHER NEWS!?!?!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

If I didn't blow so much money on games the past month or two, I'd pick up VVVVVV in a heartbeat. I started playing the demo thinking it was gonna be a one-trick pony kind of game... by the end I was really impressed with that pony.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hamst3r
    @Sweep: High five, motherfucker - I'm glad you took the plunge into VVVVVV. It's a tough game to get people to try.
    aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By aerious

I finished VVVVVV yesterday and had a really fun time doing it, there were some tough times for sure but it was really great.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Red12b

Don't let the sun , Go down on me.

Could there be a hidden message from a gay man in that phrase, Who knows? 

In other news, <3 you sweep. 
    "He want to be inside of me" :-)
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator

><

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I'm not sure I would like a game like this. I'm not the most skillful player in the world.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By pause422

I think this game is too quite amazing. Its design is so simple, and gameplay as well..but it just works so damn well.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

Sexy new ringtones indeed...good stuff. I have to admit I haven't played the game yet, but the music is pure retro gold. Thanks for the tip.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Jensonb

-Jensonb casually glances at lis of Friends' Blogs-

..."Going down!"? Gross!

Oh...It's about VVVVVV. Awesome.

RhinoOfficial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RhinoOfficial

Omg...  Veni Vidi Vici  was hell... The satisfaction I received when I completed that was one of the best I've ever felt from a game. :)  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.