How Many Deaths and Flips?

#1 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

I just finished this game and was kind of surprised by the stats of my play.  Here they are;

Total Deaths: 1031
Total Flips: 3341

So how many deaths and flips did you have when you finished the game or how many do you have currently?

#2 Posted by Legend (2653 posts) -

Here are the stats from my first playthrough:
Trinkets found: twenty out of twenty
Number of deaths: 1940 
Time taken: 4:30:00

I'm not sure where I can find the number of flips.

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@Legend

I think I only had 10 trinkets.  I knew there was no way I would get them all.  I beat it in under 2 hours (I think the time was 1:43 and some seconds).

The game tells you the total number of flips at the end of the game.  I don't know why they kept that off the Stats screen.

#4 Posted by Legend (2653 posts) -
@JasonR86: The game was developed by one guy, so he probably just forgot to add that to the stats screen. lol
#5 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I had about 900-something deaths and somewhere between 2000 and 3000 flips, I think. 
Also, 15 trinkets. I got the Veni Vidi Vici trinket. I've heard that's the hardest one. I'm so proud of myself.

#6 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

This was my first play through, I'll definitely go through it again at some point.
#7 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

Game Time 2:53 
Total Flips: 4625 
Total Deaths: 1348 

#8 Posted by Surkov (991 posts) -

I just beat it  

Game Time: 2:58 
Flips: 4302 
Deaths: 1404

#9 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Picked it up from the Humble Indie Bundle, knocked it out today.

Game Time: 2:32
Flips: 4162
Deaths: 1067

#10 Edited by mnzy (2912 posts) -

I just started today, but pretty interesting that everybody is a little over 1000. I would've guessed it differs more.

edit: Just finished it.

Time: 3:12h (I had it running while doing other stuff, though.)
Flips: ~3600
Deaths: 987
Trinkets: 9

#11 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Don't remember exactly but I believe it was around

Time: 3 hours
Flips: ~4000
Deaths: ~1000

That was with every trinket

#12 Posted by samhead5 (46 posts) -

Played though it a few times after getting it in the humble indie bundle. Loved it every time.

First time was just a straight play through.  

Second was for speed 

And third was for minimal deaths.  

Both the last two seemed to screw up with the 'hardest room' bit, don't know why. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.