Prepare to Die a Million Spikey Deaths in VVVVVV for 3DS

• 71 results
#51 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I oddly just played through the PC version for the first time like last week and was totally blown away by how awesome the game was. If I had a 3DS I would totally get it again.

#52 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Alright, tell us where the 3DS touched you.
#53 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Dude, that post was the worst.

#54 Posted by Deusoma (2972 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(
#55 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Deusoma said:

@SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(

I dunno, I think "I want this game on XBLA too" would've been just fine. The rest of what he said was garbage.

#56 Posted by Bartman3010 (439 posts) -

Now why isn't this coming to DSi Ware? Honestly you'd be limiting the customer base if you just left it on the 3DS at this point. Unless theres a specific reason to have a 3D mode?

#57 Posted by gbrading (1925 posts) -

The music in VVVVVV was excellent: Really helped to add to that Commodore 64 vibe the whole thing had going for it.

#58 Posted by RoyCampbell (1095 posts) -

Anything is welcomed at this point.

#59 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

Wait just one second. Is there something worthwhile coming to the 3ds? BLASPHEMY!

#60 Edited by UltimAXE (343 posts) -

V6 would make such a wonderful portable game. It's so cute and so fun and so quick. Paying 30-40 bucks for a 3DS version when you can get it on steam for 5 dollars seems crazy, but, I dunno. I'd probably still buy it if I owned a 3DS.

Oh. It's Eshop. Smart move.

#61 Posted by scottygrayskull (402 posts) -

Even though I own it twice on PC, if I had a 3DS I'd buy this. As is I'll just keep hoping for an XBLA (with cheevos) release, or at least XBIG.

#62 Posted by ch3burashka (4900 posts) -

It's interesting that the 3DS has been so supportive, or sought out, by indie devs. First Cave Story, now VVVVVV? Obviously, these are exceptions among Mario and Star Fox and the like, but the news concerning indies has been much more vocal in regards to the 3DS.

#63 Posted by Rox360 (1017 posts) -
@TehFlan said:
@Ockman said:

There's also the part where the game runs at a native resolution of 320x240. Screen size is seriously not a problem. Considering it's a bite-sized game that you can play in bite-sized chunks and only need a d-pad and one button for, I think it sounds like a perfect fit for a handheld device.
#64 Posted by JCGamer (655 posts) -

Great game. Can't believe I fins Ed the think with the old keyboard. Real game controls would be a real plus for this game.

#65 Posted by MeatSim (10594 posts) -

A eShop game that might be worth while now that's something.

#66 Edited by Mexican_Brownie (198 posts) -

I will buy this and play through it a 3rd time. The music in this game is so amazing.

#67 Posted by Hobosunday (41 posts) -

I love this game, I'm so glad I'm going to be able to play this portably.

#68 Posted by NorseDudeTR (394 posts) -

@Cybexx: Wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release a battery powered add-on thing with a V-button .

#69 Posted by Insectecutor (1170 posts) -

"VVVVVV will never see the light of day on any console" - Brad Shoemaker, Tested podcast episode 87.

#70 Posted by Eleonjr (12 posts) -

Can't wait to get a 3DS!

#71 Posted by TinyGallon (193 posts) -

It would be so awesome if the game utilized BOTH screens like Contra 4 or Yoshi's Island DS. But I'll play through it again anyway, amazing game.

#72 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (660 posts) -

DUDE.

DUDE.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?!?!??!

BUYING THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK OUTTA THIS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.