Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

VVVVVV

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 11, 2010

Retro 2D puzzle platformer in which players, rather than jumping, invert their own gravity to cover gaps and avoid obstacles.

Say hello to iGame!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

Edited By Hizang

I have been known on here to be a bit of an Apple fanboy, I am always praising there work and I love all of there products. I am not alone and most people do to, but it seems that people who enjoy video games are not so keen to jump and buy an iMac. Most developers don't see an audience for video games Macs so they tend to ignore that system all together, but there are some great game on the Mac. So I have put together this brand new series I called "iGame" (Crap name pending) in which I show off some games that you can get for the iMac. I will show off both the games you need to get and the games you really need to avoid, I hope you enjoy this series and please if you enjoy a particular game on your iMac send me a recommendation and if I can afford it I will go and shoot a video. Please enjoy my first video for iGame showing off VVVVVV, if you like what you see please subscribe as there is more to come.

Oh and I got an iPhone 4S today, it's pretty great. I uploaded a small test video which you can find here With me now being able to record off of my Mac, that Club Penguin challenge...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hizang

I have been known on here to be a bit of an Apple fanboy, I am always praising there work and I love all of there products. I am not alone and most people do to, but it seems that people who enjoy video games are not so keen to jump and buy an iMac. Most developers don't see an audience for video games Macs so they tend to ignore that system all together, but there are some great game on the Mac. So I have put together this brand new series I called "iGame" (Crap name pending) in which I show off some games that you can get for the iMac. I will show off both the games you need to get and the games you really need to avoid, I hope you enjoy this series and please if you enjoy a particular game on your iMac send me a recommendation and if I can afford it I will go and shoot a video. Please enjoy my first video for iGame showing off VVVVVV, if you like what you see please subscribe as there is more to come.

Oh and I got an iPhone 4S today, it's pretty great. I uploaded a small test video which you can find here With me now being able to record off of my Mac, that Club Penguin challenge...

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Brunchies

FYI, Rage is on Mac osx and so are many other games like Civilization 5, Starcraft 2, All valve source games, Batman arkham asylum, Eve online and any kind of humble bundle game like Shank or Super meat boy. Try those for your next segment, I can also send you a download link to a humble bundle page to help you, also try out crossover for some games that aren't on Mac osx yet like The witcher 2 or others like it. Also load up that hard drive and try your hand at ios programming, its one of the things i enjoy doing the most on my mac.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang
    @Brunchies Is Super Meat Boy on the Mac?
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Hizang: yes

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@Mr_Skeleton: Where Steam?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Hizang: Yep, on the main page there is a Mac button with the Apple logo which will show you all the Mac game.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Contrarian

Do you play Windows games on Bootcamp? I have never bought a Mac specific game and I have used Mac for a very long time (well since 2002 anyway). I have never had a game I wanted not play and my iMac is 5 years old and overdue for replacement (I don't play shooters, so those big games like Crysis aren't on my radar). The Windows games are cheap, so that is why I get them.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang

@Contrarian: I don't, I know its not illegal or anything but it just seems seedy to me. I just play games on the Mac that are from the Mac app store and Steam.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contrarian

@Hizang said:

@Contrarian: I don't, I know its not illegal or anything but it just seems seedy to me. I just play games on the Mac that are from the Mac app store and Steam.

I am intrigued as to why you would see it as seedy. I think it is brilliant and simple. When I update to a newer iMac, it will be even better.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang

@Contrarian: It's like buying a PS3, then playing installing a 360 app on it and playing 360 games. Well thats how I see it anyway, I may do this if I run out of games to play but for now I'll just keep it simple.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contrarian

@Hizang said:

@Contrarian: It's like buying a PS3, then playing installing a 360 app on it and playing 360 games. Well thats how I see it anyway, I may do this if I run out of games to play but for now I'll just keep it simple.

I can't pretend to understand how you relate that, as the Mac is purposely designed to do it, but I have respect for all the Mac bretheren ........ we are a special and much maligned group. I run all my games off an external hard drive, just for Windows, but as my tastes in PC games is really limited to RTS/TBS, I wouldn't be able to play games like Total War/Rise of Nations and others like it without doing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.