ITS FINALLY OUT!!!!

#1 Posted by MarioBoza (46 posts) -

Its here it is finally here~!!!! Go and get it. Also if you're on the fence about the 25 cent DLC add-on for Wake Up Club, it is totally worth it. It adds 8 new color themes and 8 new alarm ringtones. The DLC is 28mb and totally worth the 25 cents. Now to go take a nap! :D

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

Bought.

#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4194 posts) -

I have 46 cents in my wallet so why not.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

I have 46 cents in my wallet so why not.

Ha, I turned on my Vita and was notified that you've been earning hella trophies is Wake Up Club.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4194 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Only 3! I did the easy ones. I'll be earning the rest of them the hard way. Which is waking up at 7 a.m. during the week. Oh man, this will be hard.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11136 posts) -

AH! I still don't have a Vita! Curses!

#7 Posted by Dark (387 posts) -

HHHNNNNGGGGGGG F&^*!@ U AUSTRALIAN PSN FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#8 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2227 posts) -

Wake Up Jeff!!! Then a dog and a dinosaur will start dancing in the background.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4372 posts) -

How fucking sad is it that an alarm clock app for Vita is something to be excited over? With that said I'm gonna hurry the hell up and download this.

#10 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

It's time...to wake up.

#11 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I'm might go buy this on the Playstation Store on my PS3, and I don't even have a Vita, so it'll be a waste. But WHATEVER MAN.

#12 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Is a Wake Up Club Quick Look featuring Ryan and Jeff sleeping coming soon?

#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4648 posts) -

Time to wake up you sleepy motherfuckers.

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

Wake Up Club/Sleeping Dogs TNT. You know you want to, GB.

#15 Posted by awesomeusername (4194 posts) -

@Sticky_Pennies: It's FREEEEEEEEEE

@Colourful_Hippie: Not that sad. I will be "cheering" the fuck out of people to wake up. Just to get them annoyed. What's your PSN?

#16 Posted by spookytapes (263 posts) -

Has anyone else tried to get it to launch wake up club mode from sleep? Mine just beeps and asks "do you want to launch wake up club?", I hit yes and then it just takes me to the main clock screen and not the wake up mini game. Weird.

#17 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -
#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4194 posts) -

@mikeydangelo: Well shit. This is happening. I guess I won't be using it as much as I thought I would. If you want to play the actual mini-game, the Vita can't be in sleep mode. That's fucking dumb.

#19 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

Oh my god the Tokyo Jungle and Journey digital clock themes are amazing.

#20 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

The savior of the Vita is finally here! Rejoice!

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14081 posts) -

Is it bad that there is almost nothing else on the Vita which has made me want one as much as this?

#22 Posted by crimsinf (145 posts) -

Thank goodness I already had a Vita. Now I have my Wake-Up Club alarm set. Less than seven hours until I get to wake up!

#23 Posted by eccentrix (1569 posts) -

I remember when the European release was talked about before NA.

#24 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

I don't have a Vita! I can't wake up! :(

#25 Posted by White (1361 posts) -

I just remembered this...

#26 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1689 posts) -

Was #1 in my wake-up club this morning! Suck it, sleepiness!

#27 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

@beard_of_zeus: me too! We are some dope-ass wake-upers.

@awesomeusername: mine was in sleep mode this morning and it worked fine. Did you have the Wake-up club app active when you put your Vita to sleep? It specifies that you need to do that, or else it won't work correctly.

#28 Posted by cosi83 (397 posts) -

Yup when is Europe gettin dis init? Hehe. I don't really speak like that, dat de truth son! I played this round my friends flat last weekend. She a Chinese and has a HK account. Shame I always wake up before the alarm goes off

#29 Posted by Legion_ (1303 posts) -

And thus the world saw an age of prosperity and charity.

#30 Posted by spookytapes (263 posts) -

I woke up to this this morning! The trick is to leave the Vita plugged in, it will then launch to the wake up club minigame screen!

#31 Edited by Krataur (366 posts) -

1st in my club! Oh yeah! 29 seconds to wake up.

Anyone else have AI sleepers, or "Special Guests" as they were called?

#32 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

@Krataur: yeah my group of 10 had one of those AI dudes. It was 30 seconds after waking up so I have no idea if the AI "woke up" or not. I just tapped at him furiously!

#33 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

Is it bad that there is almost nothing else on the Vita which has made me want one as much as this?

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

#34 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Wake Up Club + Persona 4 Golden Combo...

You get up with Wake Up Club, then you play Persona... a deadly combination.

#35 Posted by mintyice (186 posts) -

@OneManX: You have to play a day in Persona before the alarm stops going off.

#36 Posted by RustySpoon (143 posts) -

So I woke up this morning and 6:00 AM because a lady voice said it was time to wake up. I hit some buttons on the Vita, I think? There were lots of bright colors and sounds. I got a trophy. Then I went back to sleep.

Wake Up Club is a hell of a drug.

#37 Posted by lexpar (31 posts) -

Quick look please.

#38 Posted by rentfn (1280 posts) -

Getting two trophys for waking up this morning was pretty good. Explaining to my wife what was going on...kinda silly.

#39 Posted by KaneRobot (1644 posts) -

The only way you can lose is DIE IN YOUR SLEEP

#40 Posted by Hailinel (24977 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

I guess that depends on how ironic your excitement for Wake-Up Club is.

#41 Posted by Gamer_152 (14081 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Gamer_152 said:

I guess that depends on how ironic your excitement for Wake-Up Club is.

It started off as entirely ironic, then suddenly got a lot less ironic. I have a real problem waking up, and I think gamifcation is a great idea, and this looks like it might have something to it.

#42 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

I really I want a Vita now.

#43 Posted by LikeaSsur (1538 posts) -

Can someone please explain to me what is going on with this game? Why is everyone so "excited" for it?

#44 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

@LikeaSsur: it's an alarm clock. When your alarm rings, other people that are waking up at the same time appear on the screen. If they haven't woken up yet you can bug them to get up. Once you all get up, you "win". It's stupid in a funny way, but it's also kind of cool?

#45 Posted by AlisterCat (5593 posts) -

Are they going to release this in Europe?

#46 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

They were meant to last summer. :|

#47 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

@GS_Dan said:

@AlisterCat said:

They were meant to last summer. :|

Was there an official announcement of it being delayed or was the game just not released?

#48 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

@Snail: As far as I can tell, the latter. The greatest injustice of our age.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.