"Time is up. Launch Wake-up Club?"

#1 Edited by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

Very Unclear as to what is going on here. Instead of launching the mini game to snooze, this is what shows up. I've checked my settings to make sure wake-up club starts automatically and made sure my date and time settings were correct, but have no idea how to actually make this work.

any ideas?

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@chubbs21: Yupp, it's basically making the app useless since it doesn't launch the mini-game which is rather stupid.

#3 Posted by BlackLagoon (1440 posts) -

@chubbs21: I live in the forsaken lands, that have yet to receive the wonders of Wake-Up Club... But did you have another game/app open? I'm guessing it doesn't launch by itself because that would mean forcing your current game close, and possibly making you loose progress.

#4 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@BlackLagoon: Nope. It isn't a game so you can have a game open and the app open so it doesn't close the game. I just tried it right now again. It doesn't bring you to the mini-game which basically renders the app useless.

#5 Posted by Sterling (2359 posts) -

Are you using the timer and not the alarm?

#6 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@oulzac: I'm using the alarm and that is the same thing that pops up.

#7 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Maybe its just an issue that a couple of us are having.I'll report back if I get it to work.

#8 Posted by Jeff (3580 posts) -

Happened to me this morning, but after I hit yes it immediately started the wake-up process of tapping your icon and stuff. Seems like a crummy system-level hassle that prevents them from launching right into it, but it still worked. I still woke up.

Staff
#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@Jeff: I've tried this but the game never brings me into the mini-game. Probably needs a patch.

#10 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

"Time is up. Launch Wake-Up Club?" sounds like the opening lines to a really psychadelic anime movie.

#11 Edited by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

@Jeff: when I tried it this morning, it only beeped a couple times then went away, but I just tried it again now and it did play the normal wake up club music and when I hit Yes, it went to the minigame. Very weird, but hopefully they'll get an update out to fix that.

#12 Edited by chubbs21 (45 posts) -
Reinstalled the app and now I don't even get the option to say no to the wake up club. I can actually hear the other people cheering me on and when i hit Yes, i get the mini game. If I could just figure out what is making this screen show up, I would be set.
#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@chubbs21: I've re-downloaded it like 3 times, with and without the DLC and it still won't work for me. I'm upset. This is ridiculous.

#14 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

Okay, it worked for me today. Don't know what's up with the app but I'm going to guess it'll work now.

#15 Posted by Humanity (9377 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Okay, it worked for me today. Don't know what's up with the app but I'm going to guess it'll work now.

Dude, I'm just happy you woke up..

#16 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -
@awesomeusername did you do anything specific other than just reinstallin?
#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4193 posts) -

@Humanity: No ones ever cared before. Thank you so much! :'(

@chubbs21 said:

@awesomeusername did you do anything specific other than just reinstallin?

No. It still didn't work when I was trying it so I just put the alarm again for the morning and left it. I'm guessing it works only when you put the alarm some hours ahead and not a minute ahead. But that's just what I think. I don't know.

#18 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -
@awesomeusername I see... Well I'll just keep trying.
#19 Posted by Ouren (136 posts) -

My alarm went off just fine this morning, and the screen turned on. I was able to play the little minigame and earn a trophy with 0 weird issues.

#20 Posted by CommonReason (110 posts) -

Is anyone else still having this problem? Every morning I get the prompt for "Time is up: Launch Wake Up Club?" and I am leaving the system running the application on standby all night as instructed. I can tell that it's screwing up my stats because it says I'm in first every morning and I never get a chance to cheer anyone on for the trophy. What did you guys do to correct this? I will note, the alarm does go off in the background, but that prompt pretty much negates the point of the application.

#21 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1616 posts) -

@commonreason said:

Is anyone else still having this problem? Every morning I get the prompt for "Time is up: Launch Wake Up Club?" and I am leaving the system running the application on standby all night as instructed. I can tell that it's screwing up my stats because it says I'm in first every morning and I never get a chance to cheer anyone on for the trophy. What did you guys do to correct this? I will note, the alarm does go off in the background, but that prompt pretty much negates the point of the application.

This morning was the first time I used it, and I had pretty much the same experience. I definitely left it running, though I hit the power button to put it in standby instead of letting it time out (is there a difference?). I’ve got it enabled in Settings -> System -> Auto-start.

I’m not certain about this (being first thing in the morning and all), but I also recall it opening a separate app, as I tore the alarm away and also had to tear away the app I had started the night before. Maybe it somehow doesn’t realize it’s already running?

#22 Posted by CommonReason (110 posts) -

@grantheaslip: That sounds about the same. It's just the prompt that you get when it is already running on your screen when you go to standby and leave it up. What it should do is launch straight into the avatar tap mini-game for the clock, but instead I am met with the prompt asking if I want to launch it. Hitting yes goes into the min-game, but it screws up the place order of other people and makes me in 1st every time. Everyone else also appears to have already woken up, so I can't cheer anyone. I have done this with the machine not in standby and let it launch normally and have been able to cheer people. This seems like a larger issue.

#23 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1616 posts) -

@commonreason said:

@grantheaslip: That sounds about the same. It's just the prompt that you get when it is already running on your screen when you go to standby and leave it up. What it should do is launch straight into the avatar tap mini-game for the clock, but instead I am met with the prompt asking if I want to launch it. Hitting yes goes into the min-game, but it screws up the place order of other people and makes me in 1st every time. Everyone else also appears to have already woken up, so I can't cheer anyone. I have done this with the machine not in standby and let it launch normally and have been able to cheer people. This seems like a larger issue.

Same thing happened to me again today. The whole “why is it a seperate app?” thing was a red herring — it was just the lock screen. Apparently apps can launch above the lock screen in some cases, kind of like phone calls on iOS.

I’m going to try not hitting the power button to force it into standby tonight.

#24 Edited by CommonReason (110 posts) -

@grantheaslip: I wish you luck. But I tried that last week a few times and got the same results.

#25 Edited by Zaccheus (1795 posts) -

I just started using this and it seems that if you press the power button to put the Vita to sleep it will not work, you have to leave it to the clock screen and let it fall to sleep by itself. That is pretty weird, but if you put it to sleep yourself it just gives you a few beeps and and you get the "Time is up. Launch Wake-up Club?" message. This is for someone like me who is late to the party and has this problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.