Wake-Up Club coming to North America.

#1 Posted by adoggz (2065 posts) -

As of the 17th of this month Sony ,in a post on their PlayStation blog, has confirmed their intentions to bring the Wake-Up Club ,along with a few other apps, to the shores of the Americas. No date has been given but unofficial reports have it set to come out "not soon enough god damn it!" Sony has not responded to and inquiries about release date specifics; possibly owning to there being no such inquiries because this whole thing is just a joke. As always, keep your internet tuned to Giant Bomb for more updates as they happen.

Special thanks go out to Giant Bomb forum user for uncovering this information.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

That's it. I'm totally getting a Vita. This game has removed all doubts I possibly had.

#3 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

yesss i am going to wake up so hard

#4 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

I am going to wake up SO MUCH BETTER than you!!!!

#5 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

No Steam, no sale. /s

#6 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

@Dany: Not if I wake up first!

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AckbarTheGreat said:

@Dany: Not if I wake up first!

Fuck you guys; I'm totally winning the not sleeping game. You stand no chance against My Majesty!

#8 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

Alarm Alliance is WAY BETTER. fuck all y'all

#9 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

Time to buy a vita

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

10 bucks says that none of you will give a shit about this when it actually comes out! I'm a Wake-Up nonbeliever! Sleep Instead! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

#11 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Animasta said:

I'm from the Sleep Army, I suggest we work together to defeat this common enemy known as the Wake-Up Club.

#12 Edited by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

when you start setting the alarm for PM. Why set it at all?

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Forget Wake-Up Club. I'm from the Insomnia Club.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

when you start setting the alarm for PM. Why set it at all?

Because not everybody conforms to the same sleep schedule?

#15 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

I'm gonna be a member of I-Want-To-Sleep-Just-A-Little-Bit-More-Wake-Me-Up-Later Federation.

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

Oh man. If only this news came a week sooner. I bought the wrong system.

Keep an eye out for my 3DS Kickstarter for a game that rewards you for sleeping as long as possible without waking up.

#17 Posted by r0rb (4 posts) -

Here's the text from the Wake-Up Club Trailer:

====================================

Mezamashidoumei: making waking up every day a little more fun. [The Japanese title is a pun on alarm clock kind of sounding like the word for oath/alliance and swapping out the kanji]

Add a clock to your Playstation Vita!

It has a digital and analog display, you can also customize the clock theme to your liking!

When you set the alarm, you'll join an "alliance."

ALLIANCE?

You'll be automatically matched and form with an alliance with other users who wake up at the same time as you!!

When the alarm rings... Touch the moving and rotating avatar to stop the alarm.

If there are any alliance members who got up earlier than you, they can help encourage you to wake up!

When you are the one who wakes up early, you can cheer on other alliance members and give them your support!

HOWEVER... The later and later you get up... The more your screen will get filled up by your friends' support... So make sure you get up before it gets too difficult to touch the avatar!

If every member wakes up within 5 minutes, it's a wake up success!

Depending on how your alliance does, you'll get trophies!

The results are saved to your activities, and you can become friends with your alliance members!

Your number of wake-ups and detailed results are recorded so you can view them!

Mezamashidoumei: making waking up every day a little more fun.

====================================

Nothing too exciting but better than a regular alarm clock if you like strangers spamming you with GOOD MORNING at 7am.

#18 Posted by Wacomole (818 posts) -

When Sony get the data back from the game, they'll probably find that the largest Club will be those that wake up at 1pm and all surprisingly get the "wake up within 5 seconds" trophy.

#19 Posted by selbie (1885 posts) -

I wonder if this has anything to do with 8-4.

#20 Edited by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

I'm from the Sleep Army, I suggest we work together to defeat this common enemy known as the Wake-Up Club.

Japanese game names are often better. Need I remind you of Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die?

American marketers suck.

#21 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

Japanese game names are often better. Need I remind you of Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die?

American marketers suck.

Well, Deadly Premonition sounds better than Red Seeds Profile.

#22 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

Wake-Up Club 2: Morning Wood

#23 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@BoG said:

@SlightConfuse said:

*sigh*

*shaking his head*

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

#24 Posted by Vextroid (1391 posts) -

The Alarm Alliance is so going to take down the Sandman Special Forces so hard!

#25 Posted by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

Deadly Premonition is super generic, and Red Seeds Profile is at least more descriptive of the actual game.

#26 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4977 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Deadly Premonition is super generic, and Red Seeds Profile is at least more descriptive of the actual game.

You're right. What I meant is: saying "Red Seeds Profile" out loud, versus "Deadly Premonition"... I don't know.

#27 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

hmm good to see the vita getting a little publicity. I heard it can also play games.

#28 Posted by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

You'll have to wake up *pretty* early in the morning to beat me at waking up pretty early in the morning!

#29 Posted by Hailinel (24423 posts) -

I will own all of you at waking the fuck up.

#30 Posted by selbie (1885 posts) -

@BoG said:

@SlightConfuse said:

Tagline: Beat the wood and you're all good!

#31 Posted by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@AndrewB said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

You're right. What I meant is: saying "Red Seeds Profile" out loud, versus "Deadly Premonition"... I don't know.

Eh.... maybe I'm just more receptive of a direct translation between Japanese and English. I don't disagree that Deadly Premonition somehow comes across as a better title in English.

#32 Edited by Harkat (1102 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

I usually wake up hard.

EDIT: Crap, a mod came and took that one right from me.

I'd kinda like this feature added onto a game I actually care about. How about having this as an iphone app that ties into CoD, Halo, Battlefield or some other level-progression-driven shooter? You join an alliance, if everyone in your alliance wakes up on time, you all get a bunch of XP. Or how about this for Mass Effect 3's galactic readiness?

#33 Posted by adoggz (2065 posts) -
@selbie

@BoG said:

@SlightConfuse said:

Tagline: Beat the wood and you're all good!

Why would you do that?
#34 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

@Harkat: Shepard! We could have defeated the Reapers... if only you had woken up on time!

#35 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight--zzzzzzzzzzz...

#36 Posted by mosespippy (4127 posts) -

I will probably be getting a Vita around the same time that this is released. Coincidence? Yeah, probably.

#37 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

@BoG said:

@Harkat: Shepard! We could have defeated the Reapers... if only you had woken up on time!

Sounds like an incentive to me.

#38 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

Man, I'm really bad at waking up.

#39 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

American marketers suck.

People should just use some sort of translation program (like Jeff did) to name their games.

#40 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Fuck, why is it that it's an alarm clock app that makes me want a Vita?

#41 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Man, it's going to suck when you have a guy who just stopped waking up all of a sudden.

Did he die, did is Vita break, who knows?

Me, I'll just set my alarm for 5 minutes before my Vita alarm and then be the best dude at waking up.

#42 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

"Nintendo has successfully turned walking into a game. Is there some mundane activity we can turn into a game?" "What about waking up in the morning?" "Brilliant! You're promoted."

#43 Posted by Brendan (7778 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

"Nintendo has successfully turned walking into a game. Is there some mundane activity we can turn into a game?" "What about waking up in the morning?" "Brilliant! You're promoted."

As he should be.

#44 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

@Brendan said:

@LordAndrew said:

As he should be.

I'm pretty sure the japanese recently turned public urinals into a game. There are no fucking limits, duders.

#45 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

Can we get a video of Ryan reacting to this announcement?

#46 Posted by adoggz (2065 posts) -

@MrSlapHappy: no.

#47 Posted by TheFakePsychic (191 posts) -
#48 Posted by Kidavenger (3534 posts) -

I'm ready

#49 Posted by Lava (665 posts) -

My body is ready.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.