Will we ever see Walugi as the main villain?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Walaugi has appeared in NO main Mario games, so far it's just been party, sport and racing games. Do you think soon he will get his own, or is he forever stuck in minor character land.

#2 Posted by Melvargh (517 posts) -

He is a terrible creation

#3 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

he's a shit character so i hope not.

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

He should die.

#5 Posted by BradBrains (1184 posts) -

DDR mario Mix.

That is all.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12444 posts) -

He should be the protagonist...

#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

Wa-brothers go-go-GOOO!!!

#8 Posted by CooVee (146 posts) -

Waluigi was only created so Wario could have a doubles partner in Mario Tennis. If Waluigi will pop up in anything else it will be a Wario game and he hasn't even done that yet.

#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I hope he'll get a role in a Wario game or whatever, I think he's pretty cool (something I seem to be very alone in).

#10 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Mabey in the next Wario Ware game at least.
Oh and sorry for the name fail. Waluigi.

#11 Posted by mosespippy (4468 posts) -

That would require Nintendo to make something different than what they have already made. Never gonna happen.

#12 Posted by FLStyle (4925 posts) -

If Waluigi doesn't turn out to be the final boss for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, then no, he'll never be a main villain in anything else.

#13 Edited by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

I love Waluigi more than any other character in that universe. He's awesome, screw all the haters. I hope he appears in a main game in some form or another.

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Mario Party 3? Or does the Millennium Star cancel that out?

#15 Posted by cmblasko (1354 posts) -

Waluigi is such a hilariously lazy character, I hope he does get bumped up into a main character role for a game or two.

#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

He was a mistake that Nintendo should just drag behind the shed and shoot.

#17 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I don't get peoples hatred for Waluigi, he is easily the best character Nintendo has ever made if you really think about it.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Darkstalker

DDR mario Mix.

That is all.

This right here.
#19 Posted by ddensel (388 posts) -

I would like a 2D Super Wario Bros. game that plays like the old Wario Land Game Boy games. You could incorporate a lot of co-op puzzle solving that might make for a nice WiiU game.

Don't really get the hate Waluigi gets, who should be Wario's tennis partner? Captain Syrup?

#20 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

He should. Maybe him and Wario are the antagonist of a new game. But they better not get their own game before Toad does.

#21 Posted by Zenogiasu (192 posts) -

I really, really, really hope not.

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I think it's kind of hard to make any game, environment or plot based around Waluigi because he doesn't seem to really have any personality or themes. Bowser is a grumpy fatherly figure who's all about fire, castles full of lava, and kidnapping Princess Peach. Wario is greedy, unpleasant, likes garlic, and will do anything for money. Bowser Jr. has a rather childish disdain for Mario, seems to think Peach is his Mum, and is trying to follow in his father's footsteps. Waluigi on the other hand, just about everything we know about him is right there in the name; he was simply designed to be a counterpart to Wario. While the visual design of a lot of the other Mario characters clearly reflects who they are, Waluigi's design basically screams Luigi crossed with Wario, with maybe a little more purple thrown in.

I guess they could try and flesh him out a little but I can't imagine how they'd do that without it feeling tacked-on, and I don't know what they could possibly do to make him seem like an interesting villain in his own right.

#23 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

I'd rather see a Mario & Luigi style RPG where the two characters are Wario and Waluigi. They need to make something good with Waluigi in it to get people to stop complaining about his existence.

#24 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

I always play as him when I have the option. I would buy a Wii U if there was a dedicated Waluigi game for it.

#25 Posted by Master_Funk (741 posts) -

Ryan would boycott nintendo forever if that were to happen.

#26 Posted by Wampa1 (746 posts) -

Isn't he really the villain of the Mario franchise? Some deeper hidden meaning about stagnation and lazy character design?

#27 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

Because Luigi sucks so Luigi's evil brother sucks even more.

#28 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I'd love for Waluigi to turn out to be a complete genious evil mastermind (a la Lex Luthor or Ra's Al Ghull at their best, hell base him off Ozymandias from Watchmen) and pull off some scheme that makes all the baddies of the Mario universe cower in fear.

"You think I was just some hanger-on to my greedy garlic obsessed brother? No no no, I've been studying you all for years while you've been frollicking around with your kart races, baseball matches and games of tennis. Now I know all your weaknesses and it's time for me to enact my glorious plan!"

Then he instigates the equivalent of World War II or The Black Plague upon the Mushroom Kingdom

#29 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Mario Power Tennis had something going, where him and Wario were taking orders from Bowser. They should do that but in a 2D Mario game.

#30 Posted by drwrong (14 posts) -

@SexyToad:

Toad already had his own game and ironically enough it was called Wario Woods.

#31 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

They should make a game where Wario and Waluigi plot to kidnap Peach, but everything goes horribly wrong and she winds up dead.

Now the evil brothers are on the run together from both Mario and Bowser, and must work together while also attempting to sell each other out to save their own arses.

#32 Posted by Hunter5024 (5981 posts) -

Nobody loves him and he was adopted.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6724 posts) -

I'd rather see Bowser gets a good counterpart named Wowser.

#34 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

Waluigi could be the star of a potentially-hilarious spin-off series.

Nintendo must know what a terrible idea he was, they could run with that.

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

I'd rather see Bowser gets a good counterpart named Wowser.

Bahahahahahaha
#36 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

I hope not he's a terrible character. After Navi he's the worst character nintendo has ever made.

#37 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

He should be the protagonist...

#38 Posted by Arbie (1437 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Because Luigi sucks so Luigi's evil brother sucks even more.

Hey! Leave Luigi out of this!

But Waluigi. Ugh, apart from the occasional glance I give him on MK I'm not really a fan. Something about him makes me think he should have a dog named Muttley.

#39 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

So Waluigi is jus insane and disgusting?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.