Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 24, 2009

Wanted: Weapons of Fate is a follow-up to the 2008 film which was loosely based on a graphic novel.

"Wanted: WoF" Demo Thread (Impressions)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Please post here when you want to express your opinion on the new Wanted: Weapons of Fate demo.

I just finished it, but am not entirely in the mood for writing more than a quick overview. When you boot up the demo, you'll be treated to three different tutorials: basic combat, how to curve bullets, and advanced techniques to movement. These are more than just a demo, and has some dialogue reminiscent of that from the movie. The tutorials can be wrapped up in about 3-5 minutes per.

Next you can obviously choose to play the story mode, where you'll be treated to the same level as was viewed in Brad's quick look. Go ahead and watch it if you don't feel like downloading the demo, it's the same exact thing. I feel the gunplay is solid, and enjoy curving bullets. The melee executions are handy, and overall the game seems worthy of at least a rental.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The only entertaining part of the demo is shooting the fire extinguishers making the doors blow out sucking nearby enemies to their doom.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

Dude! Demos for Assault on Dark Athena and Wanted: WoF, in one week?! *Grumble* I can't play meh videa gems until tomorreh! =/

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am downloading now. It looks cool from the quick look here. I will give it a spin later.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "I am downloading now. It looks cool from the quick look here. I will give it a spin later."

ololololol

wud u look @ taht
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

So looking at the comments here, I'm still not sure. Is it better than the lame movie its based on?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "So looking at the comments here, I'm still not sure. Is it better than the lame movie its based on?"

Take that back, motherfucker! =/
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By RedSox8933

i didn't think that it was going to be that good, but then Funky Student told me that it was awesome so i'm obviously buying it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Man, I was really looking forward to Wanted. I thought it looked totally awesome. Everyone I know that saw it was telling me how cool it was. I finally saw it a very weeks ago and was immensely disappointed. It was basically a lame Matrix rip-off. The only redeemable qualities were the keyboard bashing, hot Angelina Jolie and her naked ass, and Morgan Freeman's great line at the end. All in all, it really let me down. The only few other cool parts in the movie were all shown to death in the trailers.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedSox8933
    BiggerBomb said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    "So looking at the comments here, I'm still not sure. Is it better than the lame movie its based on?"
    Take that back, motherfucker! =/"
    dude, the movie sucked.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Man, I was really looking forward to Wanted. I thought it looked totally awesome. Everyone I know that saw it was telling me how cool it was. I finally saw it a very weeks ago and was immensely disappointed. It was basically a lame Matrix rip-off. The only redeemable qualities were the keyboard bashing, hot Angelina Jolie and her naked ass, and Morgan Freeman's great line at the end. All in all, it really let me down. The only few other cool parts in the movie were all shown to death in the trailers."

Meh, whatever floats your boat. I enjoyed it more than the Matrix, actually.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedSox8933
    BiggerBomb said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    "Man, I was really looking forward to Wanted. I thought it looked totally awesome. Everyone I know that saw it was telling me how cool it was. I finally saw it a very weeks ago and was immensely disappointed. It was basically a lame Matrix rip-off. The only redeemable qualities were the keyboard bashing, hot Angelina Jolie and her naked ass, and Morgan Freeman's great line at the end. All in all, it really let me down. The only few other cool parts in the movie were all shown to death in the trailers."
    Meh, whatever floats your boat. I enjoyed it more than the Matrix, actually."
    wha--how?
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
    RedSox8933 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    wha--how?"

Keano Reeves.
    RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedSox8933
    BiggerBomb said:
    "RedSox8933 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    wha--how?"
    Keano Reeves."
    oh, yeah.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Man, that just gave me an interesting thought. Imagine if Angelina Jolie would have played Trinity in the Matrix. That could have been phenomenal! Dude, and then you throw Monica Bellucci into the mix, and oh my God, high five Neo!

FunkyStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By FunkyStudent

Yo!! The game takes place AFTER the events of the film, u hear'n me honky? So technically its not based on the film, which was a smart move in my FRICKIN AWESOME opinion.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By daz0608

It was better than I thought it would be

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pie

I dont like how when you begin to move your aiming cusour it moves really slow then speeds up all of a sudden.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shadows_kill

it was actualy surprisingly good but just wondering do you know if this follows the exact story of the movie or not?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pie
    shadows_kill said:
    "i was actualy surprisingly good but just wondering do you know if this follows the exact story of the movie or not?"
    You were good werent you.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shadows_kill
    Pie said:
    "shadows_kill said:
    "i was actualy surprisingly good but just wondering do you know if this follows the exact story of the movie or not?"
    You were good werent you."
    yeah im amazing
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shadows_kill
    FunkyStudent said:
    "Yo!! The game takes place AFTER the events of the film, u hear'n me honky? So technically its not based on the film, which was a smart move in my FRICKIN AWESOME opinion."
    ok thanks and it was definatly a smart move.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.