Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Do you play Warframe using m/k or controller?

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you play Warframe using m/k or controller? (195 votes)

Mouse and keyboard 46%
    Controller 31%
    Fight Stick 4%
    Put this field by mistake and dont know how to remove it 19%

I started playing Warframe yesterday and noticed it plays great with a controller.I put over 11 hours into it until now and I didn't feel the need to switch to mouse and keyboard.

The only downside is that the menus are not optimised for a controller so I have to use the mouse for those, but the game itself plays great.

So what are u using, m/k or controller?

• 
    Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, fight stick is ment as a joke, but it would have worked better if I didnt mess up and added an extra field. One heck of a poll I did.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want to use the controller but since there is no full menu support and UI icons do not change when using a controller, I'm sticking to keyboard and mouse

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: UI icons change for me. Only the training stuff is displayed with keyboard buttons because its ingrained in the level, but the actual prompts change to match the 360 controller.

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Controller on Xbone

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Can you use M & KB on PS4 yet? Only info I can find is from like a year ago about devs talking about adding that support.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I can't really imagine playing a game of this speed with a controller. Seems like a good way to get left behind in every mission :/

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

Mouse and keyboard. I tried a 360 controller for my first 20 hours or so and it just wasn't fast or accurate enough.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GaspoweR

Can you do the sprint-slide-cancel-sprint easily with the controller like you can on a keyboard? If you can't do that on a controller then I'm sticking with a keyboard. Besides, aiming with a mouse is much faster.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Controller. Tried KB+M for my first frame but just felt janky for me, especially melee, which is my preferred style of combat. Honestly I think both are definitely playable, just that the controller feels more fluid, as it tends to be for third person games ime.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I asume it would be easier if you re-map it. By default it woud seem cumbersome. But the way I play it I don't use it so much.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By T_wester

Both, I use mouse when shooting and controller in melee. Shooting is to slow with a controller melee with m/k just feels awkward and the combat isn't to demanding to switch on the fly.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play on the PS4, so there isn't really another option, but I don't think I could stand playing it ith a mouse and keyboard. Anything with heavy action I need a controller in my hand to be comfortable.

@gaspower said:

Can you do the sprint-slide-cancel-sprint easily with the controller like you can on a keyboard? If you can't do that on a controller then I'm sticking with a keyboard. Besides, aiming with a mouse is much faster.

Yes, I do it all the time.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By FacelessVixen

Mouse and keyboard. Just had to remap a few things and find the perfect level of sensitivity.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

Mouse and keyboard for the little I played. It seems like too fast a game to play with a controller when you're on PC.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I find the controller to be much better, M/K just feels a little clunky at times but not bad.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M+K was how I played on PC. I found it much easier to control the characters in some of the jumping skill challenges when you had to execute quick 180 wall runs several times in a row.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mouse and keyboard. Mouse and keyboard all day, err day.

I thought the third option said "Flight Stick". That'd be something. Although, I guess it wouldn't be that strange when you're on an archwing mission. Hunh.

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Top8Gamer

I play using mouse and keyboard and controller. Just depends what kind of mood im in. Sometimes I just want to sit back and relax with a controller as apposed to being hunched over a keyboard.

wutheringhugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity, what kind of weapons do you controller-types tend to use? I tend towards accurate semi-autos like the latron prime and it's one of the reasons I stick to kb+m since I'm awful at aiming with a stick.

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zamolxes

Out of curiosity, what kind of weapons do you controller-types tend to use? I tend towards accurate semi-autos like the latron prime and it's one of the reasons I stick to kb+m since I'm awful at aiming with a stick.

Melee weapons primarly. M/k feels awkward when using melee weapons

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.