New Giant Bomb clan!

• 178 results
#151 Edited by Rapid (1407 posts) -

@humanity:

One thing I thought about what we as a community could do is Amateur Quick Look going through the new systems explaining the non obvious stuff. Trying to find the time is the most difficult thing.

@mnemoidian and @mrcraggle are the most active people and most active members of the clan that I interact with the most. However we are completely flipped in time zones. I am in Canada and they are in the UK on the other side of the world. We barely have enough time record a quick match. I realized It will be very hard to setup a time for doing anything more indepth like a Daily Dota format thing.

While it does not excuse the developers from their job to inform new players, this wiki the next best thing.

http://warframe.wikia.com

I also thought about updating the GB Wiki for warframe but the game keeps changing so rapidly that I think I'll hold off for now.

Edit: I also found* good Youtube personality showcasing weapons and warframes (and does his voice sound like the guy in the Destiny E3 Gameplay? Most likely different dude but funny thought)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKSzOMQMo9pd5tdbXabivk9O_NGEu1isL

#152 Edited by Mnemoidian (962 posts) -

@rapid: Sweden actually, UTC+2, to make matters worse - why I keep falling asleep :P

#153 Posted by newhaap (439 posts) -

How do you contribute to the weapons research by the way? Can I just contribute some components or do I have to have everything to actually start a research? I was in there last night but it seemed like I couldn't do anything since the other research items were locked waiting for one to finish.

#154 Posted by Mnemoidian (962 posts) -

@newhaap: You can only contribute to the actively queued research item - which means that me, Jackel, MrCraggle or Rapid needs to logon to queue new research after the previous has expired.

Research is done sequentially, from the first item on the list to the last.

Once research has been queued, all members of the clan can contribute resources to the list required to finish the item. Once the required resources are pledged, there will be a 3 day timer at which point we can't do anything but wait. I believe we are on the third item on all 3 labs.

TLDR: There's a "Contribute" button to the bottom right of the Laboratory UI. If it's not there, you are either looking at the wrong item, or it's already counting down (3days, left of where the button should be).

Any finished research you can buy the pattern for 15k credits each. Building the weapons requires you to craft a number of the first item in the research UI (Detonite, Mutagen... what ever the third is called).

#155 Posted by newhaap (439 posts) -
#156 Edited by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

Do you guys think that when we eventually do a stream we should run through some basics on how to play like Brad intends to do for Dota? From what @newhaap has been saying, that stuff isn't entirely clear right now.

#157 Posted by Humanity (10125 posts) -

It would certainly help, roughly 75% of the game mechanics aren't really clear apart from how to point at something and shoot it.

#158 Edited by Rapid (1407 posts) -

@mrcraggle: That's the intention from talking to @mnemoidian in game it sounds like Saturday is the best time to do this.

#159 Posted by newhaap (439 posts) -

@rapid: @mrcraggle: Yeah that would definitely be useful. For a while I didn't even know where to look to tell how much energy I had and how much I would be using for a power.

#160 Posted by Humanity (10125 posts) -

@rapid: I've been trying to come up with a good GB clan logo and so far got this - thoughts?

#161 Edited by Mnemoidian (962 posts) -

@humanity: Good start.

I'm thinking the lean might make it look a bit weird on warframes' though, as it's placed on the right shoulder the "fuse". Then again, maybe that's good?

Also, you should be working with PNGs. I believe PNG transparency (not 100% sure on that!) is how you introduce transparency in the actual emblem ingame.

There are a few examples on the wiki here, I especially like the cogwheels emblem.

here are some examples of other peoples' emblems (on the official warframe forums), for inspiration:

Pink Giant Octupus

Not sure what clan, but shows ingame screenshot

Another unidentified clan

Doom

Asuro (note, this is an old one, before they changed transparency from black color to PNG transparency)

Several examples (Note: it's a bug report thread for black being transparency, this has been fixed)

And some random inspiration:

buzz_clik making Wipeout logos

Several examples from Syndicate

Deux EX: HR

edit: adding some more stuff that could work:

Foxhound

Kojima Productions

Laughing Man

Edit2: as the game has quite a lot of japenese roots, why did I not think of Japanese Clan Emblems (Mon) previously?

Wiki article on Mon

A bunch of emblems

Another bunch

#162 Posted by Humanity (10125 posts) -

@mnemoidian: Oh I know it's transparent I just didn't think it would be legible given the black forums.

Also thanks for the links I didn't know they display on the frames like a hologram with bloom and everything. This puts the whole thing into another perpsective

#163 Edited by geirr (2715 posts) -
#164 Edited by pipedreams (40 posts) -

Clan logo idea #1. Pretty simple and straight forward but I like simple. I'll see what else I can come up with when I'm not feeling too creatively lazy lol. For this, the white parts are all transparent and the red is what would show, but the red could be changed to whatever color. I just thought since they seem to glow, one solid color for it might be kinda cool.

Alternatively, with scan lines or something idk how this would end up looking in game.

#166 Posted by ThunderSlash (1964 posts) -

@geirr: I love this one, it's adorable.

#167 Posted by geirr (2715 posts) -

Clan logo idea #1. Pretty simple and straight forward but I like simple. I'll see what else I can come up with when I'm not feeling too creatively lazy lol. For this, the white parts are all transparent and the red is what would show, but the red could be changed to whatever color. I just thought since they seem to glow, one solid color for it might be kinda cool.

Alternatively, with scan lines or something idk how this would end up looking in game.

This would look really cool, especially with the scanlines!

#168 Edited by Humanity (10125 posts) -

I made these

The white would be transparent naturally

#169 Posted by Mnemoidian (962 posts) -

@humanity: Nice! I especially like the 4th one (the diamond pattern) - but doesn't really tie in with the giant bomb theme much (not necessarily needed, I don't know?) Other than that, Number 2 or Number 1 are my favorites of those. 5 is cool, but feels overly complicated - probably going to lose a lot of that detail ingame.

@pipedreams: I like it! Not sure how I feel about the bomb's fuse facing the right (I am assuming that, as the Emblem ends up on the right shoulder, a right-facing fuse will be facing "forward" - but that might be crazy talk. Potentially could be helped by a border or something, but what do I know?

Scanlines could be super awesome or total failure, hard to say before we've seen it ingame, unfortunatley. I like the conceptual idea, though :)

@geirr: That bomb. Is the bomb. Of cute.

(re:all - Not that I'm deciding what the emblem is going to be in any way, I'm just stating my opinion on the designs posted - which, admittedly is probably going to be impossible to meet, because I'm a criticizing jerk. That said, amazing work so far! Getting there :) )

#170 Posted by geirr (2715 posts) -

@humanity: Nice! I especially like the 4th one (the diamond pattern) - but doesn't really tie in with the giant bomb theme much (not necessarily needed, I don't know?) Other than that, Number 2 or Number 1 are my favorites of those. 5 is cool, but feels overly complicated - probably going to lose a lot of that detail ingame.

@pipedreams: I like it! Not sure how I feel about the bomb's fuse facing the right (I am assuming that, as the Emblem ends up on the right shoulder, a right-facing fuse will be facing "forward" - but that might be crazy talk. Potentially could be helped by a border or something, but what do I know?

Scanlines could be super awesome or total failure, hard to say before we've seen it ingame, unfortunatley. I like the conceptual idea, though :)

(re:all - Not that I'm deciding what the emblem is going to be in any way, I'm just stating my opinion on the designs posted - which, admittedly is probably going to be impossible to meet, because I'm a criticizing jerk. That said, amazing work so far! Getting there :) )

I do like the @humanity's #1 the most of the ones he posted. It seems more fitting of the Giantbomb theme and for some reason reminds me of one of their older t-shirts, as for @pipedreams's bomb we can easily flip it horizontally when she gets home so the fuse would be on the opposite side.

#171 Posted by pipedreams (40 posts) -

Thanks for the thoughts! Flipping the direction is no problem if it looked awkward in game. I do like 1 and 2 from @humanity, as well.

#172 Edited by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

@rapid: Sorry I didn't reply, notifications don't seem to be working :/ I'm free most evenings but due to the time difference, i'd be unable to actually speak due to other people sleeping :P so if you can do during the day on a Sat, I'm fine with that.

Also, awesome work on the emblems so far guys. I'm oddly digging the cute bomb. I guess an emblem doesn't necessarily need to be super serious to fit in with the games style.

#173 Posted by Rhinothewino (8 posts) -

Hi, I am new to GiantBomb after listening to the podcast for a few months I just created an account to post this. I recently started Warframe and I am just looking for people to play with on a consistent basis. Still a new guy though and learning the mechanics so hopefully I will not frustrate anyone who decides to play with me. Steam name is Rhinothewino thanks to anyone who replies.

#174 Posted by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

@rhinothewino: Hey duder, welcome to the forums I guess seeing how it's your first post. We're actually in the middle of restructuring the clan at the moment and expanding shortly. You can read more details about it in the Giant Bomb Heavy Industries thread. In the meantime, i'll add you to my own friend list so you can at least get in on clan member games and then i'll invite you to the clan once things there are in proper order.

#175 Posted by Rhinothewino (8 posts) -

Cool deal and thanks I am looking forward to playing with everyone.

#176 Posted by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

@rhinothewino: Is your Warframe name the same one you posted above as you said that was your Steam name?

#177 Posted by Rhinothewino (8 posts) -

Yeah everything is Rhinothewino helps on consistency. I also just acquired the Rhino warframe and the Fragor hammer(I gave the developers money they deserved it) and I am now playing through as Rhinothewino as a Rhino smashing through the enemy rather fun.

#178 Posted by TPhage (1 posts) -

I would like to be part of this clan and I have a rank 30 Vuaban. Not sure what else to put here so this is a filler sentence. My id is T-Phage

#179 Posted by Humanity (10125 posts) -

@rhinothewino: You can add me to your friends list I'm "Humanity" in-game.

I don't know about others but this weekend was a nightmare on the netcode side. I either couldn't find any games at all or I kept ending up in ones that ran like a slideshow. Ironically though, when the connection is really bad it makes the game easy as it's almost like playing in the Matrix. Enemies don't seem to be able to react to me but I can interact with everything around me and kill them as well. I would often just run ahead and come into rooms full of baddies that haven't even moved yet because of the lag, and proceed to completely slaughter them with my Excalibur dashes.

If not for the fact that it's no fun playing that way I'd do all my Event missions with bad lag as it's super easy to defend the point when everyone is jittering in place and unable to shoot you.

#180 Posted by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

@humanity: The netcode got worse. I was perfectly fine playing on Friday and Saturday but Sunday was terrible. I was just waiting for ages to just connect to a game and nothing would happen. I got into a couple of games but had the same experience as you with the slideshow. I just gave up in the end as it was very just frustrating.

#181 Posted by Rhinothewino (8 posts) -

Yeah I have had several games where either it is extremely laggy, I got kicked, or we changed roster two or three times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.