Tenno Live 2014
At Gamescom, Digital Extremes took to the stage to host Tenno Live 2014 where they announced the release date for Xbox One, a new environment and survival mode to replace the current one, new infested enemies, extended combos to melee weapons in addition to new weapons, Kubrow colour pallette, User Created Content, WYRMIUS and ended with Archwing. I'd like to point out that most of the show was absolutely cringe inducing.
- Xbox One Reveal: Warframe will be coming to the Xbox One on September 2nd. While DE didn't say much about it, I expect this to be some variant on update 14.
- Corpus Ice Planet: New tileset that does actually differ from the current outpost found in the game. The environment is much more hazardous, as your shield and health will drain if you're in the exterior of the ships and will have to stay by gameplay objects to keep warm. This will in-turn replace the current system used for survival as the team felt that turning off oxygen didn't make much sense.
- Underwater tileset: While this tileset was only shown off in concept art, Geoff did reveal that this will bring about a brand new movement set; swimming. Not too much detail to go into here as it's still very early development.
- New Infected enemies: Not too much to say here again. Two new Infested enemies were shown off. One looks like a giant, mutated chicken while the other was a spawn pod. The return of the T3 golem was also hinted at.
- Tyl Regor redesign: Tyl Regor is the final boss of Uranus and like previous updates is getting a redesign to better stand out as the games development progresses. From the early shot they showed, I'm not much of a fan. He just looks like a balloon man with stupid arms and is completely disproportional as most of his body is huge but he has tiny little stubs for the lower part of his legs and this weird almost alien spaceship looking thing sticking out the back of his neck.
- Extended combos and new weapon: DE are going back to some older weapons and adding more combos to them. Shown off were the Wolverine claws and the Kitana. The new community weapon reveal was the Tonfa. This is a dual handed weapon where the blades are about arms length and curve in at the end.
- Q&A: There was a brief Q&A session where the only real answer to come out was that DE wanted to have a more robust UCC system whereby Steve gave the example that a clan leader could make a quest for members to partake in and they'd earn XP for that UCC. Sheldon also made mention that players will be able to customise the way their Kubrow looks in the future.
- The BIG reveal: Before the show started, there was a lot of hype around a HUGE reveal at this show. Of course, why go to Gamescom if you've only got a few things to show off? And DE answered this with Wyrmius! That's right, you'll be able to play a side scrolling shooter as your little Wyrm and try to rank up a high score. Of course this was all just a big hoax to trick people into thinking, is this it? Well, no, this of course lead into...
- The REAL reveal: While Warframe largely takes place in space, the gameplay itself largely takes place inside space stations or on planets but that's all set to change with Update 15 and Archwing.
Be sure to tune in to the next live stream on to see a full gameplay reveal of the new Archwing update.
Details on the previous update (14) are below:
Update 14 - The Mad Cephalon
So what's new in this update? Quite a lot actually as this is what DE considers their biggest update yet with a completely reworked UI built from the ground up, Kurbrows which are a new pet that essentially replace the sentinels, new PvP mode 'Dark Sectors Conflict' and of course there is the typical new Warframe and new weapons. More in-depth details below:
NEW USER EXPERIENCE – A meaningful Quest walks new players through Warframe, providing essential information on gameplay, lore, game modes and menus. Experience a re-imagined user interface and menus. Players have a place in the Solar System aboard their personal spacecraft, The Liset. Upon completing the ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest, major systems, menus, and components can be accessed through devices aboard the ship!
KUBROWS – A new Quest unlocks a Genetic Foundry used for breeding biological specimens on your ship! Breed a Kubrow by collecting a Kubrow egg and incubating it in the Genetic Foundry. Different Kubrow personality types have different combat and non-combat abilities. Make your Kubrow more combat effective by caring for it and equipping powerful link mods. Create genetic imprints of your Kubrow that you can trade with fellow Tenno and combine to create your perfect pet!
NEW WARFRAME – A master of illusion, Mirage confounds the enemy in a spectacle of style and power. Mirage 's powers include:
Hall of Mirrors - Mirage creates an entourage of doppelgangers to distract and confuse the enemy.
Sleight of Hand - A natural prankster, Mirage booby-traps nearby objects.
Eclipse - Standing in light, Mirage becomes the main attraction, dealing heavy damage -- while the shadows make Mirage difficult to track and even harder to hurt.
Prism - Fires an energy orb that shoots lasers in all directions. Activating again detonates the bomb, blinding nearby foes.
QUESTS – Explore re-playable Quests with unlockable difficulty selection. This new Warframe experience opens with the debut ‘Vor’s Prize’ Quest.
NEW DARK SECTORS CONFLICT – Introducing a new player-versus-player game mode to replace the existing Solar Rails conflict game mode. Choose which Clan or Alliance you wish to support and play the role of Attacker or Defender on a multi-staged objective mission! Up to four human players per side, with empty player slots auto-filled by Spectres.
AKZANI – The choice weapon of Mirage, these fast-firing dual pistols deliver a deadly performance.
SILVA AND AEGIS – a Sword and Board style weapon created from the concept of our Community Melee Design Contest Winner – SilverBones.
EXPANDED GAME MODES – The Infested have overtaken Eris. Hive Sabotage, Exterminate, and Survival Game Modes now available!