From now on, I will post all game updates here (major and hotfixes) to reduce the amount of threads dedicated to discussing the latest and greatest so if this could get a pin, that'd be great.
It feels like every update is bigger than the last and update 11 is HUGE bringing with it the new damage 2.0 system, the Valkyr warframe and the Corpus Gas City, that have been teased for months as well as even more. Drill down the list below and discuss what you're excited about or maybe even if you're disappointed by the update.
- New Weapons:
- “Tigris” Tenno Double-Barrel Shotgun (Primary)
- “Cestra” Corpus Mini-gun (Secondary)
- “Lecta” Corpus Whip (Melee)
- New Prime Gear: Ember, Glaive, and Sicarus! Find it all in the Void Today or through Prime Access https://warframe.com/prime-access
- New Damage Model 2.0! More information here: https://forums.warfr...n-on-damage-20/
- New Customizations: Warframe Skins for the first 8 Warframes!
- New Decorations for the Dojo (Including a Trading Kiosk!)
- New Tile Set: Corpus Gas City
- New Enemies: 3 Corpus enemy types to seek and destroy!
- New Boss: Sargus Ruk (Grineer)
- New Boss: Alad V & Zanuka (Corpus)
- New System: Trading 1.0! Build the Trading Kiosk in your Dojo to begin! https://forums.warfr...ading-guidefaq/
- New System: Codex and Scanner (Scan enemies to unlock entries & details in the Codex)
- New Mods for Slash (Health) Damage, Toxic (Poison) Damage, Impact (Shield) Damage, and Status (Proc Chance) Effects!
- New Resource Drone: collects crafting materials from planetary systems!
- Host Election: the player with the best combination of PC performance & networking conditions now automatically become host when launching a public mission
- Full on-screen map: Press M during gameplay to view the overall level map as you uncover it through exploration!
- Added option to opt-in to Nightmare nodes
- Added hotkey support for Gear items
- Added "click a planet" hint when sitting at default state of the star chart
- Added new icon for Boss nodes on the star chart
- Players can now copy other players' mission votes by clicking on the squad info panel.
- Additional features to in-game voice communications. Microphone and output device can now be selected. Improvements to range on weak microphones has also been added.
- Added in-game Achievements
- Update 11 Launch Event: The Hunt for Alad V! https://forums.warfr...r-alad-v-is-on/
- Sprint is no longer needed to initiate a Wall-Run
- The contact-list network protocol has been completely rewritten to work-around Strict NAT and network problems caused by having a large number of contacts (the new system still being tuned, please be patient)
- Enabled Multi-Threaded Rendering by default (can be disabled in launcher if needed).
- Capture targets are now more dynamic and mobile: there are a range of tougher Corpus and Grineer targets with varying abilities and weapons will flee at the first sign of danger. Stop them from boarding a shuttle and escaping!
- J3 Golem will be moving from his home on Themisto and our spys indicate that he may strike at any time. Look for Infested invasions on your in-game alert display; we have reason to believe that if there is an invasion where a boss would normally be found you are likely to find the J3Golem there instead (we also suspect him to be carrying Volt Warframe component blueprints!)
- Redesigned and merged the Contacts and Chat UI (look for them on the right-hand side of your screen)
- Star Chart progress, Sentinel and Sentinel-Weapon rank now contribute to Mastery level. Note: Complete a mission with your leveled up Sentinels ans Sentinel-Weapons to receive this Master XP retroactively
- Improved top-bar navigation to include the Codex and Inbox
- Sentinels now come with a default amount of armor
- Removed co-op doors from survival missions
- Time between Defense waves has been reduced to 6 seconds
- The Inbox now updates with unread message count
- Inbox message icons will now refresh properly when deleting messages
- Rewards delivered to inbox are received automatically upon reading message – new text added to make this clear
- Updated Dojo room art for the following rooms (visual update will be automatic, no rebuild necessary):
- Barracks (Moon, Mountain, Storm, Shadow)
- Research Labs (Bio, Energy, Chem)
- Added Auto-target locking for gamepad melee. Melee Assist Option is a toggle.
- Star Chart: added effects & colorization to further distinguish available nodes from completed/locked nodes, and highlight boss nodes.
- Stun Chance mods (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Melee) are now Status Effect mods in accordance with new damage system
- 2D and 3D weapons duck ambience by 2 dB less and duck music by 1 dB less. 2D weapons duck 3D weapons by 2dB less
- Improved sound-ducking mixes
- Changed Europa planet description so that it wasn't the same as Eris
- Added UI elements to better indicate player extraction status (players waiting, # of players, etc)
- Added new icons for Sentinel weapons
- Switched the Prova to use Machete animations and finishers
- New space skybox added to the Grineer Galleon tile set
- Improved the sound for the Heavy Impact mod
- Audio improvements to some stealth finishers
- Rebalanced some mod types for Conclave battles (Stun mods, Crit mods, and Corrupted mods)
- Tuned conclave values for Brakk, Machete Wraith, and Obex
- Added sound for Galleon air lifts in Conclave map
- Stalker has been improving his melee combo techniques
- NPCs will no longer target Rescue agents
- Fixed multiple localized text strings across all languages
- Experimental camera fixes – camera does not collide with enemies or players to avoid annoying jitter.
- Fixed issue where only host could invite players into a Dojo
- Fixed more instances of enemy AI spawning or falling into unreachable areas in Exterminate missions
- Fixed falling out of level in Mastery Challenge 7 costing a revive
- Fixed some navigation/design issues in new level connectors
- Fixed some issues related to Nyx’s Mind Control ability where brainwashed AI didn’t always attack enemies as intended
- Fixed various teleport issues that would result in “out of world” experiences
- Fixed some missing materials identified in Corpus ship levels
- Fixed a case where you are unable to melee/block sometimes after being knocked down during melee swings
- Fixed a case where the player would stay in the melee charge anim sometimes if knocked down during melee attack
- Fixed HUD error when using VOIP in dojo
- Fixed missing respawn volume in Dojo obstacle course
- Fixed some reported issues of flickering textures
- Fixed missing jump actions required by enemies in certain levels
- Fixed Jackal robot missile seeking offset
- Fixed Security Camera sounds not playing for clients
- Fixed names of Gradivus Dilemma trophies
- Fixed in-game chat overlay not hiding when hitting ESC/clicking away before auto-hide occurs
- Fixed host's loadout score used by quickmatch not updating realtime when equipping different equipment in arsenal
- Fixed Grineer Scorpion to have proper in-game description
- Fixed issue with Kestrel and Glaive animations for holstering
- Fixed unlocalized text string when trying to buy a slot with insufficient platinum
- Fixed all reported/known issues of players falling through elevators
- Fixed ledge-mantling mid wall-jump causing you to keep your push velocity
- Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin ability that granted invulnerability during oxygen loss
- Fixed weapon attachments to now play the fire animation according to their respective fire rate (with any upgrade mods)
- Fixed broken weapon recoil behaviour; it now works as intended
- Fixed Roller idle animation jittering
- Fixed “power in use” issue after using Banshee’s Sonic Boom ability
- Fixed Acrid weapon not doing damage over time
- Fixed Saryn’s Miasma ability to apply damage over time
- Fixed issue where Ciphers were being consumed twice on a single hack
- Fixed Nekros Soul Punch ability to ragdoll target NPCs
- Fixed Trinity’s Energy Vampire in Conclave which caused enemies on the opposite team to regenerate energy as well
- Fixed issue that allowed spectators to fire the Ignis and Flux rifle while spectating in Conclave
- Fixed enemies not getting auto-killed if they ragdoll in the middle of a death animation
- Fixed multiple issues with Infested enemy types related to map navigation
- Fixed high level enemies spawning in low-level defense missions
- Fixed Private session countdown not starting after friend joins/selects mission
Full update and patch notes coming soon
THE FUTURE! (Update 10)
The latest Q&A is now available on Youtube and posted above. Below you'll find details that were revealed in the video as well as from the Warframe website. This was a very information dense episode where they mention balance, credits, mods, warframes, new tilesets, customisation, buffs, nerfs and probably more i'm forgetting so it's probably best just to watch the video :)
SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.
TERROR TOTEM:Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to freeze in fear; the rest will flee.
SEARCH THE DEAD: Generates loot from corpses (health, energy, ammo, etc).
CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.
The scarves will actually have physics to them so the should react accordingly. It will probably behave similarly to the scarf seen in Journey.
This was just a preview of the new golem boss and possibly the direction bosses will be going in the future. This looks to be a multi-phase fight so as you fight, its tenticles will rise from the ground to attack you and once you've dealt enough damage, it will reveal its full form.
Read @rapid's awesome post below this :P
Here is a huge chunk of text taken from the latest stream with relevant links :) It takes up a lot of space within this post so just click the spoiler block to reveal it.
Stream starts with introductions, and we go right into a pressing issue:
"Players are disappointed that we aren't focusing on the right things. People that aren't interested in new weapons, etc. What about the burnout? What about the general things we need to be addressing that people feel we aren't? Mods? Mod pool? Missions not being revamped? Auras not being useful?"
Steve has been quoted saying burnout is an issue, if we don't diversify things we lose out.
"What about us giving weapons when people want more interesting gameplay?"
Steve - "This is all we've been talking about internally. Initially our pattern was to add locations, enemies, etc. Now that we've fleshed out that we need to speak to the long-term player. The early term players still exist, people still experience the game as noobs. For veteran players worried about our focus. We hear them, we are overhauling the damage system - not from scratch, but making changes to how elemental, physical, and armor piercing damage in game. We have a narrowing build diversity in higher end content. We have all of our level designers right now taking mission types, tearing them apart, putting them back together. It's not fair to say the game play is boring, it's that game play after 500 hours is boring. We will put more effort into diversifying what you can do. Mission types, damage model, dueling, are short answers. But also coming are new locations."
Scott - "Talking about the Mod Pool, high-end players have to remember that every mod could be valuable to a new player. There is a gradual progression to high end things, mods are valuable along the way. There has to be a gradient of value."
- We hot-fixed the Fusion Core bug 9.5.3. The each enemy got it’s own Drop Table in 2.0, cores were put on select enemies, but NOW they are back to having a chance to drop from every enemy.
- Mod Stacking ever? Yes. The UI will eventually show duplicate mod stacking.
- Personal scores for nodes are coming.
- An Achievement system is coming!
Moving on to questions
- Are we aiming for tiers in weapons? Do you want weapons to be all equally viable like the Warframes, or do we want tiers?
Scott: ‘In the ideal world, they would all be viable. We’re trying to have versions of weapons viable at every level – high and low level snipers. Obviously with mods you can push low level weapons into the high end, they may not be as viable, but if you like that weapon you can be able to use it”
- Are you concerned about players avoiding content because of Primes?
Scott: “No, I am not concerned about that. I know there have been suggestions about building primes with original versions of the items, that’s interesting, we haven’t done it in the past, but we’ll take a look at it.”
- What about Arid Fear?
The event ended at 100%. But it was ambiguous. The time was a fail condition and a lot of people thought it meant how long they had to play. We are looking at completely different ways to schedule events as a whole. Community goals, solo goals, everything needs to be restructured. What about the duel stat mods from the event? They will be going into Nightmare sooner than later.
- Longdraw asks: What’s the goal for the release of Update 10 and does it have a name?
Check out this timestamp for tons of cool stuff for Update 10! Somewhat of an “infested” theme.
Derelict Orokin Ships!
Golem boss rework! (
Next Warframe is *drumroll*: (
- What about Jetpacks and Grappling Hooks?
The jetpack probably not, the grapping hook could invalidate wall running, but we are still working on it to polish it up and see! Never say never.
- What about that Reputation system?
A system coming that allows players to give reputation to players at the end of a match. Using this system will create bonuses in squads of high-reputation.
- More custom reloads?
Yes, we love this and are working on it!
- What about those custom idles per Warframe?
3 options will eventually be available for further customization. Check out the videos at this timestamp of the approaches Geoff is taking (Noble, Fiesty, and Default).
- Will net code ever not be peer-to-peer?
Steve says the door is always open, we are making optimizations to the net code side of the game to allow for better experiences with hosting and connectivity in general. We talk about the network model a lot, we know people have problems, people are concerned about us ignoring Strict NAT.There are options we can explore to improve this, we know that a certain portion of our audience that we want to play are having problems, we are not done making that code better.
-Skates? What about more wildlife? http://youtu.be/QlsqKVzLehk?t=39m52s
Yes we will add more wildlife!
-What about Mod Profiles? http://youtu.be/QlsqKVzLehk?t=42m4s
Yes this is coming. We are adding options for loadouts that reflect the changing damage system. Currently the problem is one best loadout for endgame.
- A weapon balance analysis:
The following three weapons have changes coming:
The Ignis is being revamped to have AOE damage around end point, the Grakata will get love with Crit Boost chance, and the Braton series will be reviewed.
- Will blocking be more useful?
It was a romantic idea and we put it in game with Stamina in somewhat haste because we loved the concept, but we have room to explore here. We want to make it more viable.
The Stamina system is the next one to be on Scott’s radar (Damage is first).
The damage model is the priority: Armor and Elemental stuff.
- Steve is mad we don’t share FanArt on these Streams. We love Fan Art!
- On the topic of Stealth....
Stealth we don’t really have an update for, we are working on it, but the AI improvements are incremental, we’re making progress but the AI is a huge part of this gameplay.
- On the topic of Longswords?
Improvements to longswords being outclassed? Yes, Melee weapons need a broad balance look-at. Some Alert Only Swords have not received a buff or review in some while, onto Scott’s every growing plate!
- What about Vor’s Prize?
Hoping Update 10, Gamescom is a stealing a couple of us unfortunately.
Mag is the next female prime.
- Silly question time: If you had to pick one Warframe to protect you, who would you choose? http://youtu.be/QlsqKVzLehk?t=53m32s
- Look at updates to our particle system lighting! http://youtu.be/QlsqKVzLehk?t=53m32s
- Separate Motion Blur and Depth of Field! Steve will try.
- What level set is coming in the future (Not Update 10, but future):
Corpus Gas Harvesting Factories!
Hot on the heels of update 9.5.3, DE have moved onto 9.6 bringing the usual changes & fixes we come to expect as well as new weapon.
- Flux energy beam is now affected by Energy Colour!
- Dera muzzle flash is now affected by Energy Colour!
- Excalibur Radial Blind now uses Energy Colours!
- Removed the Corpus Void Key Blueprint from the Store - owned copies can be sold for the same purchase price
- Enabled selling of Corpus Ciphers and Data Masses.
- Improvements to the Transmutation system: you can no longer transmute your final power card of a given type.
- Improvements to Enemy AI on Settlement defense, they are not as cowardly and won’t huddle in their Spawn location.
- Added Sobek reload animiaton tweaks.
- Audio updates to the Desert Skate and Grineer Jetpack Troops
- Tweaks to Twin Viper sounds
- Tweaks to Orthos hit sounds
- Tweaks to Grineer Miter sounds.
- Tweaks to Rhino’s Iron Skin lighting.
- Tweaks to settlement enemy navigation.
- Added fancy footwork to Grineer Jetpack landing animations.
- Mods and Blueprints will never expire as drops.
- Elite Grineer Lancers now use the Hind!
- Added multiple localization fixes
- Multiple fixes for the Grineer Settlement levels.
- Fixed the fact that players can consume their final power cards with Transmute
- Fixed enemies not leaving the spawn rooms in Settlement Defense
- Fixed the Contact List breaking after sending a clan invite while in the Dojo
- Fixed the Stalker dropping blueprints 100% of the time
- Fixed not being able to perform stealth take-downs on any idle Grineer
- Fixed the Stamina Orbs appearing as blue instead of green after building the Dojo Obstacle Course
- Fixed the Sabotage Target not appearing on client after a host migration
- Fixed enemies being inaccessible in the Settlement Spy missions
- Fix for Banshee Silence effect not using correct energy colours
- Fix for unlit textures in Corpus Ship room.
- Fixing enemy levels on Phobos , Stickney (max level increased by 2 instead of being same as min level)
- Fix for Warframe power cast animations replaying if they are knocked down during animation.
- Fix Volt Overload creating two effects on clients.
- Fix for animations being cancelled due to pain flinch.
- Fix for crashes when using continuous fire weapons through Electric Shield.
Update 9.5 plus hotfixes below
On your Starchart, a new Region has emerged. Phobos is where the Grineer Settlements were hidden!
Rewards and results of the completed event are in the works. Please sit tight as we get all the information together.
Here is what you have discovered:
- - New Level & Region: Grineer Settlements - (Supports: Assasinate, Raid, Capture, Defence, Sabotage, Rescue)
- - New Enemy Type: Grineer Sandtroopers
- - New Enemy Type: Grineer Jetpack Trooper
- - New Enemy Type: Desert Skate
- - Grineer Reinforcements: Eviscerator and Informer return to the battlefield.
- - New Weapon: Grineer Sidearm
- - Mastery Rank Challenges: Levels 6-12
- - Newly polished Clan Dojo rooms and new placeable decorations.
- - Weekly Clan Challenge (Endless Defence on Kiliken & Tiered Leaderboards)
- - Referral Program - Refer friends, earn rewards.
- - RNG Fix 2.0 - Region and Enemy specific loot drops for more efficient hunting
- Tweak to Ash’s new custom idle.
- Updated Grandmaster Solar Landmarks (seeing reports of bug after click, noted)!
- Disabled Exterminate wrinkles in alert missions for event.
- Fixed custom idles sometimes resulting in bad pose when carrying datamasses.
- Fixed mods not showing icons.
- Fixed Lokis’ arm clipping,breaking,fusing,merging, etc. with Supra.
- Fixed problem with Transmuted mods not appearing in inventory until relogin.
- Proper event badge now shows when you complete Capture in the Void (was showing sling-stone badge)
- Fixed unable to sell blueprints if you only had one.
- Fix for Foundry blueprints that require items not be craftable.
- Fix for Foundry UI breaking if it was open when an item completed.
- - Fixed UI becoming non-functional when attempting to view Solar Landmark.
- - Fixed inability to reload Twin Gremlins while sprinting.
- - Fixed boss drop tables. A blueprint will no longer drop 100% of the time being a “Chassis”. Every Blueprint has a chance to drop, but you may not get a blueprint every time.
- - Fixed issues with the Transmutation feature. Users were unable to see or use mods resulting from Transmutation. Inventories also became unstable if a Transmuted mod resided within. A script will be run to correct the inventories of players who had been affected.
- - Fixed Ogris charge sound effect playing randomly when it wasn't being charged.
- - Fixed being able to parry while ziplining.
- - Fixed appearance of Ether weapons. Our weapons manufacturer apologizes for the defective translucency in the 9.5 model.
- - Fixed rare loss of functionality that could occur when leaving/being disconnected from a session while in the main menu.
- - Buffs to Orthos Prime, Slightly faster, bit higher base damage. Longer reach.
- - Fixes for gameplay crashes.
- - Fixed custom colours not applying to Miter saw blades or boomerang.
- Corpus Void Keys are sellable for 1500 Credits.
- Added hacking consoles to locations in Settlement tileset that users could be locked in.
- Improved blueprint drop rates for Phobos boss fight.
- More loot table changes! All enemies now have a chance to drop Fusion Cores.
- Chat window tweaks to assist in readability of chat on bright levels (White text on Sand was problematic).
- Tweaks to Grineer Hellion animations and movement.
- Rollers have been removed from Grineer Settlements. The Grineer need to make up their mind!
- Hand Positions on several weapons have been tweaked.
- Kril And Vor have gone through endurance training and no longer attack and fear Sand Skates.
- Reduced spawn rate of enemies on prison for Settlement Capture mission.
- Buff to pistol Armor Piercing mod.
- Buff to melee electrical damage mod: up to 10% from 5%.