Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Dark Millennium was under development by Vigil Games with a release window of Q1 2014. Following THQ's bankruptcy filing and subsequent asset auction in 2013, the development and release of Dark Millennium was effectively canceled.

Warhammer 40K MMO is No Longer a Warhammer 40K MMO, Layoffs Hit Relic and Vigil

• 172 results
    algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By algertman

40k Space marine had a horrible launch on PS3due to multiplayer being unplayable. As is multiplayer didn't work. These people have had this coming for a while.

Saganomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Saganomics

@algertman said:

40k Space marine had a horrible launch on PS3due to multiplayer being unplayable. As is multiplayer didn't work. These people have had this coming for a while.

Yeah, let's just go ahead and dismiss the fact that Relic is the only studio other than Blizzard making RTS games that are worth a damn.

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By rm082e

I really hope someone picks up the Darksiders IP and the core team making it when THQ shuts down. Looks like Darksiders 2 is going to be pretty good and I'd really like to see more of that in the future. :(

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Gordo789

Layoffs at Relic? What the hell. They actually make GREAT games. THQ, WTF!?! It really sucks when the publisher's crappy decisions (u-draw, spending a metric fuck-ton of money marketing homefront) effect dudes that actually do great work.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By veektarius

If they're cutting their best studios, they're as good as dead.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By MakoTitan

Is Carey still on this team? Hope all is well. It's always unfortunate to see layoffs in this world.

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By GozerTC

@Gordo789 said:

Layoffs at Relic? What the hell. They actually make GREAT games. THQ, WTF!?! It really sucks when the publisher's crappy decisions (u-draw, spending a metric fuck-ton of money marketing homefront) effect dudes that actually do great work.

QFT.

Seriously, they probably weren't working on a Homeworld follow-up but DAMN killing teams that make the good stuff. ;(

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HarlechQuinn

@Xeirus said:

@HarlechQuinn said:

Oh well... there goes my most anticipated MMO... So I have to put my hopes in "The Secret World"... And we all know how this might end, judging by Funcom's track record so far...

I know :(

I heard from a couple of people (and Jeff) that GW2 wasn't as amazing as it looked, which Fing suuuuucks, because the only thing that will get me back into MMOs is something very different.

I don't actually think Secret World looks that great, I don't get why everyone thinks it does. Is there a video or something I missed?

Even so Age of Conan was my last Funcom game (I was so excited for that game, and it started great) but man they really let you down.

It's not so much the mechanics or the looks which keeps me interested in "The Secret World", but more the general setting. I am really a total sucker for all these Cthulhu and conspiracy stuff...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#159  Edited By Humanity

The emporer did not protect

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kinda disappointed that they wont get the game they wanted to make but I supposed a third person shooter/rpg a la space marine is much better than no game at all.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#161  Edited By MeatSim

The layoffs suck but that game sounds better to me now that it's not another MMO.

TCSRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By TCSRush

Thats a big let down. I was really looking forward to see where this project was going, but that won't happen. :/

Diablos1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Diablos1125

Godamnit! Relic deserves better! So does Vigil! Sad sad news :(

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LeaderVladimir

They should make a sequel to Space Marine.

scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By scarbearer

@forkboy said:

@TheHT said:

I would still absolutely play a non-MMO Vigil made Warhammer 40k action-RPG.

Yeah, that appeals to me more than an MMO to be honest. It could be a good thing in the long run?

As much as I'd love the idea of a 40K MMO, deep down part of me knows it would have a hard time finding a big enough player base to really work. a More focused Action RPG/Multiplayer game could be a good thing in the long run...s till it's very sad. I'm worried that the lay-offs at Vigil will affect the Darksider's franchise which I'd really love to see continue to grow.

hexenducted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By hexenducted

Are there any women in the 40k universe? Or anyone whose life isn't, y'know, constant unending misery? Is there any domestic life? I dunno if the setting would have worked as an MMO anyway.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Honestly, I'll be more likely to pick this game up now that it's a single player focused affair with only a mild focus on multiplayer. I've never been big on MMOs anyway but I love the Warhammer games. Still, it's horrible news about Relic and Vigil. They are two of my favorite modern developers, Relic in particular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@TheHT said:

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Irvandus said:

@TheHT said:

So would I. I'm curious how action oriented was the combat actually going to be though? I hadn't heard that really expressed.

If it's done pretty well and there is RPG progression, I'm actually quite excited and probably more excited than for the MMO. Hopefully we still get multiple factions though.

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#170  Edited By JuggaloAcidman

This really fucking sucks! The only MMO I would even consider playing at this point was 40k DM... I'm so horribly disappointed! I was gonna be a Eldar Warlock... With a power sword and a pistol! Dammit!!!!

InfectedPhreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By InfectedPhreak

I'm curious how such a huge vast MMO world will handle just one player. Are they going to minimize the world? Make it open world like Fallout or Skyrim to handle just one player? Take out all the instances and raids? That's my biggest concern. How they are going to take an MMO quality landscape and make it into single player.

Shadowgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Shadowgamer

Wow.... I just saw this game on mmo-play.com and now that I'm reading up on it... That really sucks. Are they going to close the game or just cut content here and there? I don't understand!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.