Post beta impressions in here if you like. I'll go first:
- Imperial Guard are overall interesting and nicely designed. Like in DoW1, they're quite squishy, but this seems more of a penalty in DoW2 since it's faster paced. The good news is that their reinforce is pretty much the cheapest in the game, and the Catachan devils are insanely good.
- Not so sure about the tanks later in the game though. A lot of people are saying Manticore is imba but I'm not really seeing it; its ability is as easy to dodge as any grenade and the unit itself goes down quickly to any AV.
- Eldar Autarch is an interesting unit, it's come-into-play ability acts like 5 plasma grenades which can be devastating if your opponent is caught unawares. The unit itself does little damage and doesn't really noticeably buff surrounding units, however it's insanely fast. Its default run speed seems to be that of banshees with fleet of foot, and the Autarch itself has fleet of foot. She can also jump over barriers. Combine that with Warlock's speed up global and she can cross an entire map at almost teleport speed, good for capping and disruption. You can also re-use her CIP ability for reduced cost. Overall, interesting and fairly effective unit, and looks spiffy leading a crowd of banshees, just not much good at actual hand to hand fighting vs. stronger units.
Random Autarch Pics:
- The Commisar (sp?) is my favorite IG commander so far, but like the rest of IG he's extremely squishy so might not see that much action early in the game. Later in the game however he can practically 3 hit any other commander with his power fist, and he also has a very effective self-healing wargear.
- The new map is pretty crazy. Extremely, extremely claustrophobic, all of the VPs, power nodes and requisition points are all literally bunched together.
- Change in SM Force Commander model = ew.
- All the voices have been reworked. About on par with what it was previously in my opinion.
- Tyranid's new T3 unit seems kind of useless to me, doesn't do much that the Carnifex doesn't already do.
- Ran into a sound glitch where the in-game sound is much quieter than in the menu/lobby. No fix found yet.
- UI change looks nice, but seems to lag a little (i.e. HP bar changes a full second after getting hit rather than immediately).