Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Beta available Jan 21st and Jan 28

Avatar image for fire_marshall_bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

beta is available for those who have bought Soulstorm on the 21st, while all others gain access on the 28th.

beta will include multiplayer function of all four factions.

Avatar image for fire_marshall_bill
    Fire_Marshall_Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

tomorrow is the day.  YES!  thankfully i have no classes

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

its also aailable to anybody whos preordered the game, damn i wish my connection was faster.  cant wait to try this

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

It was actually up yesterday for most of the day, even though it said the 21st and not the 20th. It doesn't allow for every video setting to be at the max(which is normal in a beta) but my god, this game is fucking beautiful. The detail the models have and everything is good enough looking that they look like the quality of model you would see in a good looking third person game or something. It's really amazing. Only played a few games so far, getting used to everything since I'm still honestly only getting back into strategy games since the last few months after a long year after year hiatus(like 2003 with WC3?), but I enjoyed what I played so far a lot. It builds on what Company of Heroes did, but adds a ton more things here and there to it. There's so many options about how you use your units and their abilties, allow with gearing up your Commanders with new armor,equipment, and weapons.

I wanted the game more than anything for the single player because of how its structured, I just love the way everything sounds, but I can tell I'll be spending plenty of time in the multiplayer as well now. Can't wait for Feb 26th when the full game comes out, Relic never fails to impress.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Damnit Pause, I'm already feeling impatient.  84% now crawling along at just over 100 KB/s.  Could take another hour or 2 :'(

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stevokenevo

I cant wait to get home from work to download this.  I only got into DOW1 recently so it feels like christmas again for me. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pause422

gonna add you on Steam Incredible, in case you wanna get in a game sometime. As I said I'm just getting back into the genre, so I kinda suck atm in every way, but I still enjoy it enough as I'm learning everything again. Anyway, now must go do some errands.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Driadon

I played a couple rounds of it last night and it feels just incredible. Everything is intuitive and streamlined, making it easy to get into. I cannot wait to try the other races other then the Tyranids and Space Marines that I gave a go.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

Heh. Just bought Soulstorm and got myself into the beta. I still haven't gotten around to playing Dawn of War though. Should I try that first, or just jump right into Dawn of War II?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Driadon

Go for the beta for a bit, but the first Dawn of War is definitely worth playing. Just bare in mind that they play a little different.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.