Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Dawn of War 2 screen resolution problem

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

I'm posting this over the Steam forums and here as well, someone might be able to help me out with this.

Ok so ever since I went for Windows 7, i get this strange problem with the screen resolution for Dawn of War 2.

When I start the game, it defaults at a resolution of 1200 something by something. Can't remember exactly what it is ( not at home right now ). I want to change it to my resolution which is 1680x1050.

Every time i try to do this now, the screen goes all black, but i do get the "do you want to keep this resolution" window. If i click yes, it stays black and nothing happens.

After a few tests it's doing this for every other resolution other than the default one.

Also, i changed my graphics card recently, going from a geforce 8800 gts to a geforce 260gtx and its doing this on both cards.

I think it's gotta be either the 191 drivers from NVIDIa or a windows 7 thing.

Anyone can help me? I can still play but the resolution sucks.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By big_jon

I would help if I knew, sorry. Goodluck.
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By demonbear

You helped by bumping i guess :D

Ally264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ally264

I have the same issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.