Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

dawn of war II

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrhankey

how long do you all think it will be before it drops in price? I mean i really want it, and if i had the money i would buy it right now, but life has gotten in the way with some unexpected bills. So how long do you all think it will be before it reaches forty maybe even a thirty-five dollar mark?

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    mrhankey said:
    "how long do you all think it will be before it drops in price? I mean i really want it, and if i had the money i would buy it right now, but life has gotten in the way with some unexpected bills. So how long do you all think it will be before it reaches forty maybe even a thirty-five dollar mark?
    "
    I guess it depends on how popular it is.  I'm guessing you've played the original, but you can get the Platinum edition for about $30.
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrhankey

i have played the original, what i'm wanting to know i suppose would it be worth dropping the full $46 at newegg w/free shipping to get the game (that is assuming that with my next paycheck and after paying my bills i will have enough money)

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By QuattroRS6

I got it i like the campaign so far.  I am thinking of trying to write a real review once i finish it.  It is very different from i would say just about any RTS you've played to date.  Check out ign's review if you want to read something now.  As for price drop,  i reallly wouldnt expect anything soon unless theres some sort of weekend sale so try to keep your eyes open.  Maybe try keeping an eye on steam.

alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By alcamin
    As Misterspiffy said, it really just depends on how the game sells. It's a popular franchise so I would imagine that stores would keep the price up for as long as possilbe. Judging by past experience though I would think that within a few months the price would start to be cut. The market is just to competetive for any game to remain at full retail price for long. Just keep an eye on sites like Amazon and I'm sure you'll find a good deal before to long. :) I preordered the game so it should be arriving any day now. Exciting times! ^^
    MadDog31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MadDog31

The game is well worth the $50. The single player campagin is about 20 hrs long if you do everything. Multiplayer is great especially if you know 2 other people who play. As for a price drop, dont expect one till maybe this summer.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrhankey

so i broke down and ordered it from Newegg (with their god-awful egg super saver shipping) just so i could save $3 ($6 if i include the tax i would have paid here making the game $53.00 here and $47 dollar at newegg) Anyways, can someone tell me if you have to use STEAM with the game? (i would actually like for it too)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.