Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Dawn of War II not working right now. Thanks GFWL

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GobiasIndustries

I can't even play the campaign of DOW2 because of some shitty problem with being connected to Games for windows Live.

I really want to know whose brilliant idea it was to make me be signed into TWO different online game services so I can play the fucking SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN in the game that I bought a boxed copy of.

I looked it up and other people are having this problem right now too. I just really want to play the game I bought. Why is this so hard?  Anyway I guess what I'm asking is can anyone make this game work right now?

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I've had the same problem recently. I wouldn't put me online. I changed a couple of firewall settings and that fixed it. Do some research and see if you can find out what your issue is. I'll help you if you need it.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas

Make an offline account.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

I just installed the game (boxed copy) but it's hanging at the Steam download. It's in "My Games" in Steam but it just says "Download starting..." but nothing happens. When I try to launch it, it gives me the multiplayer key and then tells me that the game is currently unavailable and to try again at a later time. I'm not sure if this has to do with your problem since I haven't even touched Games for Windows Live yet.

EDIT: Err...nevermind. I just exited Steam and loaded it back up and when I went back to "My Games", Dawn of War was ready.

proph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By proph

Like our atejas said, when your in steam go file->Go Offline.. and when the steam restarts it will be offline, more importantly it will stay offline and you dont get stuck not being able to play your games while it updates. The next few lines are me pretty much bitching about the trouble I have had lol. Today when I decided to play dow2 the first thing steam wanted to do was update it, oh great i thought another update sigh anyway updated away and finally finished nearly 20 mins later, ok now i can play dow right? no it gave me game is currently unavailable, im sitting here going wtf do you mean? this isnt some f*cking website im going on this is my computer. Long story short stream f*cked up and i had to reinstall dow2 on it just to play it, what a load of bs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.