Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

The sequel to Relic's critically-acclaimed Dawn of War does away with economizing and base building in favor of a more involved combat system with RPG elements.

Impressions of the Beta

porridgelad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By porridgelad

So guys the Beta has been out for a day or so now Any impressions?

My Impressions-
    Generally i love the way the Multilayer is working, with power generators now needing to be captured like resource points turtling is now a completely implausible tactic and the removal of base building creates a fast paced and enjoyable MP game. Although i feel the annihilation victory mode does need work the HQ takes to much time to destroy i feel at least on a 2v2 map. 
    On the balancing side i have found that the Orcs seem to be slightly overpowered at least the 1st Tier of units. Hero units all seem to work well for their intended purposes and none can take out multiple units by themselves, I haven't messed to much with the Nids yet but they definatly have the feel that they should from the Lore and seem to have enough varriation form the Ocrs to make them interesting. These impressions have come from a few rounds of play on a very limited array of maps, so defiantly picking up the final version of the game and hope to see to bombers online.

dyram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dyram
      Super long post was reduced to the first line for some reason. Awesome.

Gone now. Better.

Oh, and DoW2 FTW.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

My first impressions of the game is that it's a bit janky. The system is neither like Relic's previous games DoW or Company of Heroes, and seems a bit oversimplified. Some units are a bit overpowered (the Farseer Commander can kill a dreadnought in 3 hits) and you just seem to gather energy and requision too slowly. Most multiplayer games end before you even get to Tier 2, and the lack of base building is kind of a bummer. The interface is also a bit small and ugly.

On the upside, the game looks and sounds great, and the gameplay is still overall solid. It's just a huge departure from the series and requires some good balancing in parts.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By TomA

Best RTS ever made,nuff said.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By TomA
    Geno said:
    "My first impressions of the game is that it's a bit janky. The system is neither like Relic's previous games DoW or Company of Heroes, and seems a bit oversimplified. Some units are a bit overpowered (the Farseer Commander can kill a dreadnought in 3 hits) and you just seem to gather energy and requision too slowly. Most multiplayer games end before you even get to Tier 2, and the lack of base building is kind of a bummer. The interface is also a bit small and ugly.

On the upside, the game looks and sounds great, and the gameplay is still overall solid. It's just a huge departure from the series and requires some good balancing in parts."
    Not like Company of Heroes?Are you high? This game is bascially CoH in the future with commander units.Which is awesome cause i love CoH.
    Murkh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Murkh

I'm loving it.. took me a little bit to get use to from moving from DoW 1.

http://www.pimpfactor.net - Your Dawn of War 2 news source

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.